The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #401
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I still feel Lommy and Shasta are innocent.

I feel that Nogrod and Kath aren't.

I think Greenie might be evil.

I don't know about Brinniel or phantom.

Grah.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #402
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I feel Eonwe is innocent.

I think Nerwen might be evil.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #403
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

What do you think of Kath, Nog?
Old 08-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #404
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"Now that's an eye opener and no mistake"

Good Work Cobbler Assassin
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #405
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
The question is: What do you think of Kath, Dury?
Old 08-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #406
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Brinn, Nog and Lommy started a very late bandwagon against Fea yesterday. I had wondered where it had come from when I discovered she'd be lynched. They're going on and on about not having a flurry of last minute voting and bandwagons and there they go and do the exact same thing. I don't think they're suspicious for voting for her, she was second on my list, but I think the manner of it most odd.

Ah, and to answer something from Nog yesterDay. Just because I'm not suspecting you doesn't mean anything. With phantom, Fea and Nilp in the game you barely got my attention in terms of automatic suspicion. Now, however, after yesterDay, you've got it. Brinn too actually, more so than Lommy for some reason though I'm not sure why.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #407
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Let's make these clear - lending Eönwe's list and adding to it...

Day 1:

Lommy: Nogrod (1)
Shasta: Kitanna [ordo](1)
Gwath [seer]: Kitanna [ordo](2)
Greenie: Gwath [seer](1)
Durelin: Gwath [seer](2)
Mith [cobbler]: Kitanna [ordo](3)
Nilp [ordo]: Kitanna [ordo](4)
Lalaith [ordo]: Ye phantome (1)
Nogrod: Groin [ordo](1)
Brinn: Greenie (1)
Nerwen: Kitanna [ordo](5)
+ Ye phantome: Lalaith [ordo](1)
+ Eönwë: Greenie (2)

Lynched: Kitanna [ordo]

Night 2:

Killed: Lalaith [ordo]
Assassinated: -

Day 2:

Shasta: Ye phantome (1)
Form [cobbler]: Ye phantome (2)
Fea [ordo]: Shasta (1)
Nilp [ordo]: Gwath [seer] (1)
Kath: Lommy (1)
Durelin: Nogrod (1)
Eönwë: Gwath [seer] (2)
Greenie: Gwath [seer] (3)
Mith [cobbler]: Lommy (2)
Ye phantome: Gwath [seer](4)
Brinn: Durelin (1)
Nerwen: Lommy (3)
Nogrod: Durelin (2)

Lynched: Gwath [seer]

Night 3:

Killed: Mith [cobbler]
Assassinated: -

Day 3:
Greenie: Form [cobbler] (1)
Durelin: Fea [ordo] (1)
Brinniel: Fea [ordo] (2)
Shasta: Form [cobbler] (2)
Lommy: Fea [ordo] (3)
Nogrod: Fea [ordo] (4)
the phantom: Form [cobbler] (3)

Night 4:

Killed: Nilp [ordo]
Assassinated: Form [cobbler]

On Day 3, seven of thirteen voted!!!

This can not be.

EDIT: X'd from Dury's first one onwards.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #408
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Brinn, Nog and Lommy
And there was Dury. But actually it's not a bandwaggon when only one person votes.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #409
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Let's make these clear - lending Eönwe's list and adding to it...
Hey! I was just about to do that.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #410
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
As I said earlier I do think she might be a cobbler or then she just plays differently - looking at her points there it might be a reasonable assumption added with the scarcity of time and all that.

But this is mutual between us. I tend to suspect her of any possible evil there is whatever the situation... and similarily she may be lost from my view if something more eye-catching comes about but when that is over I tend to turn to back suspecting her. Like she does with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwe
And there was Dury. But actually it's not a bandwaggon when only one person votes.
But you need to look at when and why people make their votes! Dury was indeed voting safe... indeed the "safest" of us all as there had been talk about voting Fea and some people agreeing and she just began it for real. That's a good place for a wolf.

A list of votes may tell you a thing or two but you should also look back at the times of the votes and the reasons given to them at that particular time of discussion to get a fuller picture.

Although I still think Dury's remark on Mith's general innocence makes her more an innocent than a wolf.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #411
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But you need to look at when and why people make their votes! Dury was indeed voting safe... indeed the "safest" of us all as there had been talk about voting Fea and some people agreeing and she just began it for real. That's a good place for a wolf.
You, on the other hand, were in the bandwaggoning position. You turned it from a suspicion into a lynch candidate. After someone gets three votes, people just attach themselves onto that or one of the others with a similar amount of votes.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #412
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
You, on the other hand, were in the bandwaggoning position. You turned it from a suspicion into a lynch candidate. After someone gets three votes, people just attach themselves onto that or one of the others with a similar amount of votes.
Worse than that.

I started talking about lynching Fea in the first place and the others sticked to it as they clearly were as confused as I was.

But the wolves (and possibly cobblers) at that time... They must have thought of my "case-making" as a heaven sent gift...

So I'd really look at that Fea-waggon with that in mind. I supplied the wood but the ignition was a responsibility of four (Dury, Brinn, Lommy and me).

The sad thing is that at least towards the end the wolves might have thought it better to separate themselves from the lynching crowd and make themselves look good *cough Shasta, cough tp*

And who says Greenie is innocent as she writes seldomly and votes early? That's the safest position...

I'm coming back in a minute with the non-voter-stuff so let it be for now...
Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #413
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm going to leave Kath alone for the time being. I really don't think she's a Wolf. She could be a Cobbler, but then so could just about anyone. Plus we still have our Assassin to help with those.

I came away from Day 2 viewing Nerwen as good, and since she wasn't around yesterday my opinion hasn't changed. I'd like to see what her take is after being removed from us for a bit.

I'm thinking that if Nog is evil he is a Werewolf rather than a Cobbler.

Eonwe and Lommy I think are innocent.

I don't have a solid opinion about Brin, Durelin, Shasta, and Green. I swung back and forth between "certainly guilty" and "definitely innocent" during my last skim-through.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #414
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Those of us who have voted everyDay:
Shasta
Durelin
Brinniel
Nogrod
Greenie

the phantom - was a minute late on Day1.
Lommy - was late on Day2 because of a misunderstanding as we shared the same computer the three of us.

Those not voting everyDay:
Eönwe - voted an hour late on Day1, did not vote on Day3.
Nerwen - did not vote on Day3.
Kath - did not post or vote on Day1, did not voter on Day3.

My conclusions about that:
Eönwe, Nerwen and Kath look more innocent than guilty because of their failures. If we're looking at the wolves they would vote everytime humanely possible.

That means I will not think of any of the three "non-voters" as granted innocents but will have it as my general "working hypothesis". And anyhow. Someone winning a game by consciously not-posting doesn't earn the victory. It will taste shallow in her/his mouth and we others will scorn that kind of victory.

So I believe our wolves are among those who have voted all the time. Criss-crossing a table with whom I have left unnoticed and who have voted everyDay will give me the "search-book" for this Day (eg. tomorrow after work).

Good night!

Do something!

Anything!

EDIT X'd with tp.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #415
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Dury and Brinn?

It would fit many schemes... not the least yesterDay's action.

Just a gut-feeling. I'll try to look at it after I've slept and had a full day's work...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #416
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hello. Anyone around?

I'm really sorry about my absence on Day 3. I couldn't help it, though.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #417
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I still think Phantom is a possible cobbler. Something about his "vote to save Fea" yesterday seemed very forced to me. She already had four votes to Form's three, counting his own, and I'm virtually sure Phantom can at least count that high.

No, it looks fishy to me. And trust me. I'm a roane. I know what fish smells like.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #418
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I still think Phantom is a possible cobbler. Something about his "vote to save Fea" yesterday seemed very forced to me. She already had four votes to Form's three, counting his own, and I'm virtually sure Phantom can at least count that high.
tp has certainly managed to create plenty of confusion– I'm certainly not prepared to say he isn't a cobbler. However– to give him the benefit of the doubt– there were a whole lot of votes coming in the last few minutes, and it's very easy to lose track in that situation. *shrugs*
Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #419
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye warning- sarcasm ahead...

Quote:
Something about his "vote to save Fea" yesterday seemed very forced to me.
Something about me voting for Form over Fea was forced, eh?

Yeah, because goodness knows I didn't suspect Form at all.

Oh, no wait- I did. For two days.

And goodness knows I wouldn't want to save Fea, because we've never played WW together and done a couple of RPGs together and traded thousands of PMs/emails/IMs over the years.

Oh, no wait- we have.

Doesn't really seem that forced given the fact that I was on good terms with Fea and suspecting Form.

You're grasping desperately here Shasta. You worried that I'm innocent or something and want me out of the way?
Quote:
She already had four votes to Form's three, counting his own, and I'm virtually sure Phantom can at least count that high.
Oh yes, because I knew for certain that my vote would be the final vote cast, because there wasn't anyone else left to vote.

Oh, no wait- six people hadn't voted yet. Which means all Fea needed to save her was ONE of those six people to come in and vote Form. Obviously it was a possibility.

Yeesh, Shasta, it's like you're not even trying.

Either that or you're trying too hard.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #420
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I don't know how helpful this will be, but I'm going to attempt to rule out a couple of WW pairs based on the voting.

Day 1:
Leaders were proven non-Wolves. No conclusions.

Day 2:
Nerwen & Lommy probably not a pair.
Kath & Lommy probably not a pair.
Durelin & Nogrod probably not a pair.

Day 3:
Leaders were proven non-Wolves. No conclusions.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #421
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Something about me voting for Form over Fea was forced, eh?
I assume he meant your explanation, rather than the vote itself– there wasn't much chance of saving Fea at the time you posted. But it's been known for multiple votes to come in at the absolute last second.

I can't really see anything in it.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #422
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I assume he meant your explanation, rather than the vote itself– there wasn't much chance of saving Fea at the time you posted.
Well, first off, all it would have taken is one single person voting for Form and Fea would've been saved. It really wasn't that far fetched.

As far as bothering to say "I'm gonna save Fea"- that was primarily for Fea's benefit. For her to see, I mean.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #423
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Some first quick thoughts:

Possible wolves:
Durelin
Thinlómien

Possible cobblers:
Kath

Unsure:
Shastanis Althreduin
Nerwen
Nogrod
A Little Green
the phantom

Probably innocent:
Eönwë

Hmm...obviously I have some work to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
My conclusions about that:
Eönwe, Nerwen and Kath look more innocent than guilty because of their failures. If we're looking at the wolves they would vote everytime humanely possible.
Perhaps those who more consistently don't vote or are behind on the Days are less likely to be wolves, but just because someone isn't around or doesn't vote for one Day definitely doesn't lessen the possibilty of them being a wolf. I know when I was a wolf before I would sometimes have packmates that didn't show up and vote for whatever RL reasons (though usually it was only for one Day)...and those wolves tend to last longer because they so easily slip under the radar.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:51 AM   #424
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Hello. Anyone here?
Old 08-26-2008, 03:39 AM   #425
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I mean, I don't believe we have two wolves in that bunch I have just quoted but I'm getting pretty sure there is at least one. Looking at the game this far looks like a classical "loudmouths kill each other and the wolves play cool and noncontroversial".
You know, I have the same feeling. But at least there's still plenty of us loudmouths around - to make cases against each other. I mean, I'm really going to look into the relationship between you and Durelin toDay, but I think I should concentrate on those who slip under my radar too...

Speaking of which...

Are awake under my reindeer
Nogrod
Shasta
Durelin
Eönwë

Doze under my reindeer
tp - Yes, tp slips under my radar, in a way. Could you believe that? But I'm so used to him being around and being like that that I really don't pay attention to him. As if he was something not to bother about, like "oh, he's an ordo or a cobbler, it will be found out sooner or later" and it's rather troubling. (I guess I'm ignoring him the same way you start to ignore constant background noises. ) I guess it's because he really doesn't seem very suspicious to me. I should just know better than to trust him.
Greenie - I think I should be a tad more critical towards her and not just trust my gut-feeling of her innocence.
Brinniel - Funny, it always crosses my mind that she's suspicious, but it never develops into a proper suspicion. It is weird. And it's bad too. If I have extra time toDay I might have a look at her posts just to see whether she truly merits suspicion or not.

Sleep under my reindeer
Kath - The only thing I that comes to my mind when I think of her in this game is: she suspects me and doesn't suspect Nogrod. And the fact that she hasn't been around much. That's not very good, is it?
Nerwen - She seemed innocent early on, so I just mentally stamped her as an innocent and if she's a wolf, that's just way too bad.

Quote:
On Day 3, seven of thirteen voted!!!
This can not be.
Yeah, that's real madness. I mean, it's totally possible that among those seven there were just three ordos and then the two wolves and two cobblers... so it is possible that more than a half of the votes given yesterDay were evil. And that indeed is a scary thought.

Quote:
And who says Greenie is innocent as she writes seldomly and votes early? That's the safest position...
Here I must defend her a little. She never is a loudmouth in these games. Yet she contributes, so why complain? Not all of us want to dedicate all of our free time to ww. And as for voting early, you know the deadline is 11pm our time and that she and I share a computer. She prefers to vote a bit earlier and then leave the computer for me for the last moments, while she goes and brushes her teeth etc so she can go to sleep as soon as I stop typing, but I still have all my pre-bedtime activities to do and get to go to sleep later than she does. I'd call her behaviour understandable - who would not like to go to sleep at 11pm if they have to wake up before 7am? (Granted, it is a good cover though if she's a wolf and I do not think her role affects whether she prefers voting and going to sleep earlier or later.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Perhaps those who more consistently don't vote or are behind on the Days are less likely to be wolves, but just because someone isn't around or doesn't vote for one Day definitely doesn't lessen the possibilty of them being a wolf. I know when I was a wolf before I would sometimes have packmates that didn't show up and vote for whatever RL reasons (though usually it was only for one Day)...and those wolves tend to last longer because they so easily slip under the radar.
I agree.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:13 AM   #426
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm heading off for bed (yes, extremely late I know), but before I go I just wanted to express that I'm most concerned about Durelin. Her posts toDay and yesterDay make me uneasy, and whether it's as a wolf or cobbler, I really think she's up to no good. I would elaborate, but I'm tired...so that'll have to wait until I wake up. Hopefully I won't oversleep...
Old 08-26-2008, 05:20 AM   #427
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nogrod and Durelin

Day 1

#8 Durelin on Nogrod
Quote:
Heroes? What heroes?
All we have so far is some braincase trying to convince us that our inner demons killed two people, and a scruffy looking treasure hunter with a head too big for his fedora.
Regular Day1 bantering, doesn't reveal anything.

#66 Dury on Nog
Quote:
I really am finding it hard to even toss out random suspicions atm. I'm always for lynching the phantom, though. I say we give Nogrod a little time.
Quite bold if they're fellow wolves, something unnecessary. Than again, there's nothing incriminating, so why not...?

Day2

#169 Dury on Noggie
Quote:
I found myself disagreeing with Nogrod on several things already, which makes me feel we are on different sides...in this case meaning he is of an evil sort.
Quote:
Nogrod feels bad to me. With all he said yesterDay and toDay about how it's only in the wolves best interest to try and get someone lynched other than Kitanna, yesterDay he developed his own quiet but consistent 'argument' for the lynching of Groin that basically boiled down to "he's quiet and isn't useful", being consistently Nogrod-ish but for show only. And yes, he voted for Groin. I had to go back and look, I couldn't remember at all who he voted for.
At this phase, it could be anything... but it's a little bold of her to accuse him even this much at this phase if they're indeed fellows as there had been other people suspecting him too...

#201 Dury on Noggie
Quote:
I'm still looking at Nogrod.
Nothing to say.

#230 Dury on Noggie
Quote:
I do feel a bit sorry for Nogrod, because no one seems to have understood his Day 1 role-playing at all. I don't suspect him for that...that was quite amusing. It's quite easy to use someone's role to get a person lynched, so I'm definitely wary of all the people harping on Nogrod's being cobblerish because of his role.
- says she still feels bad about him and has him on her baddie list -
Quote:
I have this feeling like it's either Nogrod or phantom (which is very foolish, but there it is), and right now I think it's Nogrod. His arguments against phantom, though good, seem fabricated. They do not seem like pure Nogrod suspicion. He seems to be taking the easy route too much for him.
I find myself saying this again: they could be fellows, but in that case, they are quite bold. Although, one should note how she both defends and suspects him...

#233 Dury on Noggie
!!! - she votes him -
Quote:
because he feels the worst. My brain tells me nasty things about others, but the most *feeling* is involved with him.
Now this is quite bold. Even though, she kind of drove herself to a point where she couldn't have voted anyone else without looking suspicious. It wasn't that risky to vote him as there really wasn't that much suspicion of him around, but then again, this was relatively early in the Day, and anything could have happened later...

#288 Nog on Dury
- he votes her -
Quote:
As it seems to be Gwath I'll make a point.
Now, this is the perfect bold wolf retaliation.

Day3

#309 Nog on Dury
- just mentions her in a Mith-summary -
Well, obviously, this doesn't make us any wiser...

#316 Nog on Dury
- A Durylysis. Basically, he concludes that making the analysis didn't make him any more or less suspicious of her. -
Like I said, what I find funny in the analysis is that it looks like he assumes she knows the other villagers' roles.

#320 Nog on Dury
Quote:
But just coming back to one point on my "Durylysis". Now she said yesterDay that Mith is as good as a known innocent. And then Mith died the next Night.
Would she be that bold a wolf? I don't think so. It would be a mad gamble with no clear advantages to be won - so just sport.
Now this is the perfect thing to say about a fellow wolf. Also, a perfect excuse for stopping suspecting her. And lastly, I disagree with him about this pointing at Durelin's innocence. It really doesn't.

#325 Dury on Nog
- Explains herself to him. -
Nothing fishy here.

#350 Nog on Dury
- lists her as one of those he has "actually suspected in this game" -
Funny, because he really didn't that much. Okay, he went to do that analysis, but after that he didn't suspect her. So he didn't suspect her for a long time at any rate. Maybe half a Day or something like that.

#367Nog on Dury
Quote:
Dury I'm now bending to look more like an innocent - or a cobbler the most (yeah Lommy, think what you think but you're still wrong with it). She wouldn't have pointed to Mith being "universally innocent" and then gone to kill her the next Night. As a cobbler she might have wished to point that to the wolves to be sure.
A wolf could have pointed that out. Ha, actually it even makes sense for a wolf to do so: that is the perfect way of hiding some other reason to kill her, don't you think? And I don't really see why she couldn't just say that aloud and then in the Night realise she's the best kill.

#368 Dury on Nog
- agrees with Nog about Form -
Nothing fishy here, certainly, even though I'm tempted to interpret this as building grounds for a future alliance...

#373 Dury on Nog
Quote:
Nog feels evil.
Wow, she's pretty strong about it. Maybe my theory doesn't make sense?

#380 Dury on Nog
Quote:
++Fea
toDay, Nog maybe tomorrow.
Could be playing it safe for a mate, could be just voting someone that has a chance to get lynched.

Day4

#401 Dury on Nog
Quote:
I feel that Nogrod and Kath aren't [innocent].
Pretty vehement, isn't it? On the other hand, it might look suspicious if she dropped it...

#403 Dury on Nog
Quote:
Interesting...

#410 Nogrod on Durelin
- replies to her question -
Quote:
Dury was indeed voting safe... indeed the "safest" of us all as there had been talk about voting Fea and some people agreeing and she just began it for real. That's a good place for a wolf.
Quote:
Although I still think Dury's remark on Mith's general innocence makes her more an innocent than a wolf.
Could be anything, really. I still find it interesting how he balances between suspecting her and trusting her...

#412 Nogrod on Durelin
Quote:
So I'd really look at that Fea-waggon with that in mind. I supplied the wood but the ignition was a responsibility of four (Dury, Brinn, Lommy and me).
Yeah...

#414 Nogrod on Durelin
- mentions her as one of those who has voted every Day and says those people are the most suspicious -
Again, he's balancing... I didn't get the point of this argument anyway...

#415 Nogrod on Durelin
Quote:
Dury and Brinn?
It would fit many schemes... not the least yesterDay's action.
Just a gut-feeling. I'll try to look at it after I've slept and had a full day's work...
What a better idea than suggest your fellow is in cahoots with someone else...

Conclusion: The relationship between them is rather interesting. Durelin suspects and attacks Nogrod from rather early on and never drops it. Nogrod starts suspecting her at the end of Day2, then makes a case on Day3, finds a piece of evidence that "proves" her innocence and drops his suspicion, but still kind of continues suspecting her.

I don't really know what to make of it. If they're fellows, they are rather bold. I think they could be, but it feels a bit far-fetched. All in all, Nogrod behaves as if Dury could be his fellow, but she doesn't behave like he could be her fellow.

But there is something odd in there. I don't think they're both innocent. I think it's either that Durelin is a cobbler who thinks Nogrod is innocent and is therefore trying to get him lynched. Or then, Nogrod is a wolf and he's just treating innocent Durelin that way. I can't explain it, but his behaviour towards her looks a little like a wolf treating an innocent who suspects him...

edit: xed with Brinniel
Old 08-26-2008, 07:48 AM   #428
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Good analysis, Lommy. Yes, those two could bear watching.

However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Like I said, what I find funny in the analysis is that it looks like he assumes she knows the other villagers' roles.
Meaning this?–

Quote:
(posted by Nogrod)She suspects Gwath (seer) for "a good bit of back-and-forth-ing" and Lalaith (innocent) as her ""fishy" comment feels like an easy stir up of things".
You may be reading too much into it.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:59 AM   #429
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
However...
Meaning this?–
You may be reading too much into it.
I know. But I still find it a little weird.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #430
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Thanks Lommy for the most enlightening analysis as what comes to Dury. It kind of helps me a bit with making of my mind with her. But I'm going to look at her myself as well.

To cut a long story short and to answer your musings then: I've felt bad with her from her early attacks on me on. Then I finally decided to see whether there was something else than just my bad feeling of her attacking me consistently and with very forcibly made arguments (if there were any). The "Durylysis" didn't help me much but didn't "free" her either. The "Mith is universally innocent" -thing made me doubt her guilt but thanks to you I'm getting over it - and kind of was getting over it already last night (RL) when I started thinking about Dury and Brinn as possibe mates in crime...

I mean I hadn't thought of this before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
And I don't really see why she couldn't just say that aloud and then in the Night realise she's the best kill.
That would make sense indeed.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #431
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh, Nog...you just seem so darned evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
very forcibly made arguments (if there were any)
No one can really criticize me, because I don't think we've lynched a person yet based on any real arguments. It's all been "oh, they look like..." or "they feel..." I don't know how many people have voted for someone after actually making a case.

Why? For me it's because I've lacked the energy. I just started classes yesterday and that two people dropped from the game kinda killed some of my energy.

I only make a good wolf or cobbler in this game. I am absolutely terrible at spotting wolves. I don't even know how exactly you spot wolves. But last game a I really felt Nog was innocent after a bit, and this game I've really felt he's evil. I don't know how to explain it, though Lommy's analysis of his interactions and analysis of me makes me suspect him more. Hah, yes, maybe it's just cause he has 'suspected' me off and on.

It feels to me that Nog has been playing up the *help the village* thing this game, and I think he does that as a wolf. He tries to point out things that will help the village and this looks familiar to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Hooray for the cobbler-assassin!
Ridiculous to call out? Maybe, but I got called out for a "Yay!" after the first wolf was lynched when I was a wolf one game, so I figure I might as well...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #432
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I make an analysis of Durelin and Nogrod, and what does it cause? They attack each other even more forcefully... This is madness. Are you two sure you aren't both cobblers?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #433
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I'm really not, I just suck at being good. ><
Old 08-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #434
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I have to vote within the hour.

And I'm still looking at Phantom.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #435
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I have to vote within the hour.

And I'm still looking at Phantom.
Are you a cobbler too?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #436
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Cobblers: Shasta and Kath
Wolves: Nogrod and Brinniel or Greenie

I'll have to vote in about an hour and a half because I then have class until after the deadline.

I'll try and actually talk about other people besides Nog before that....
Old 08-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #437
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Just a reminder: no frivolous voting now. We really have to get a baddie toDay
Old 08-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #438
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Just a reminder: no frivolous voting now. We really have to get a baddie toDay
Actually, we don't have to. We'd just better do so because we haven't killed a single wolf yet and it's already Day4... This is starting to get almost depressing...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #439
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Almost depressing???
Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #440
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Good to see something happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
It feels to me that Nog has been playing up the *help the village* thing this game, and I think he does that as a wolf. He tries to point out things that will help the village
Do you mean that when I'm innocent I try to get the village in trouble?

Oh my reading through and looking at several persons at the same time really takes time -at least from me. I'm only through Day1 now. Just as prelimnary points I'd say that Nerwen and Shasta look good. Of Greenie, Brinn and Dury it's harder to say: there are things drawing on different directions. I hope the later Days give me some more to go.