The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-30-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe Russian/ Russian Speaking Downers?

I'm just wondering- how many Russian or at least Russian speaking Downers are there on this site? I know there are a few, but I'm not sure who, except that I am one (American born, though). This is my first thread in this section, so I am not quite sure whether it's an okay one to start [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 04-30-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
1420!

Aye.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

That's it?
Old 05-02-2003, 09:16 PM   #4
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

Well, since my sublime presence is clearly not enough for ya:

Kalimac speaks Russian. As does Heren Istarion, who is of Georgian provenance. Vanima does a bit too, as I understand.

akhtene is Russian, kak i ya.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:49 PM   #5
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
akhtene is Russian, kak i ya.
Well, I don't know if I count as being or speaking Russian, because I was born in America and haven't even been to Russia, but I speak Russian, my mom was born there, and my dad was born in Azerbaijan, which used to be part of the Soviet Union. Whatever, American Born Russian or something [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Menelien

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-05-2003, 04:12 PM   #6
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

ABR - it sounds great. Should we call you so [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]?

Le Petit Choux is Russian too, AFAIK. She may be listed under abbreviation (may her appear and banish me for making mistakes in my biographical studies) UKBR (where UK is for United Kingdom instead of A in your case).

latando_angaina speaks Russian, but since he usually logs on from my place, and I haven't seen him IRL for ages, should be counted as absent for the moment.

There was some Feanor from Moscow once, but I haven't noticed him for, say, 2 years or so

As far as my sight allows me to see, you may be interested in checking "Quotes in Other Languages" in "Quotes" subforum, started by aforementioned and esteemed LePetitChoux

and welcome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote