The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #321
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
I'm with morm in this. Kath, why don't you like double killings? True, it may not be the essence of the game and it is likely that we will get two innocents, but looking at it in a broader perspective, we can afford that risk and still win fairly easily.
Not to mention hopefully Mithalwen can still protect Formendacil during the day, giving us one more chance with our Seer.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:48 PM   #322
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ow, my aching head...

I fear that eating that scavenger has made me quite ill...

So much has happened...head spinning...

All hail Sauron, Lord of the Earth, etc.-

A rather radical idea to propose - you'll probably all hate me but...

Since we're talking about a double lynch, if we lynch Farael and (say) Wayne, providing Farael is the hunter he could take one more possible hero down...it's not likely he'll be chosen by the heroes the next DAY, it would cut the odds for the next NIGHT...

Oww...I might have to vote in an hour. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:57 PM   #323
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
Since we're talking about a double lynch, if we lynch Farael and (say) Wayne, providing Farael is the hunter he could take one more possible hero down...it's not likely he'll be chosen by the heroes the next DAY, it would cut the odds for the next NIGHT...
Problem is as mormegil says our goal is to kill off the unknowns faster than the heroes can kill the knowns.

Right now, this is just hypothetical but there are 7 unknowns:

Boromir
Lhuna
Kath
Oddwen
Eomer
Wayne
Spawn

Two of these are heroes. Let's say we do a double lynch of Wayne and Eomer and neither of them happen to turn out to be heroes. The following day (assuming Mithalwen can protect Formendacil) worst case scenario we'll have 5 knowns and 5 unknowns. Two of the unkowns being heroes (or perhaps Formendacil is able to spot another hero).

But let's say he doesn't find a hero, this leaves two heroes amongst 5 unkowns. Then the next day we can probably kiss Sauron goodbye.

If we double-lynch Farael and he takes down another innocent. (It's possible he picks a hero, but I'm just simply going by worst case scenarios). This leaves us with 4 knowns and 5 uknowns. I agree with mormegil in that it's not a good idea to kill off our known innocents, though he be Carcharoth. And our best chances lie in killing off the uknowns faster then the heroes can kill the knowns.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #324
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
A rather radical idea to propose - you'll probably all hate me but...

No I don't hate you but I do hate the idea. It makes no sense to take down a known innocent so he can kill somebody. All we do there is help the heroes by eliminating one more known innocent from the pool. We could kill 2 on our own and not have to kill Farael to get another.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #325
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Killing Farael puts us at one less known innocent. The heroes aren't likely to kill him, not for a couple Days at least, but by then it will be narrowed down enough that he can probably get a hero when he hunts. It is really better not to kill him, not now at least.

Last edited by Gurthang; 12-23-2005 at 09:05 PM. Reason: changing 'her' to 'him' (I just can't seem to get that right)
Gurthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:02 PM   #326
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I will gladly do so if that's what the majority says, Oddwen but there's one little problem. If you get rid of me and ask me to get rid of another suspected individual, you might be loosing three innocents. If that happens, the Heroes will take out a fourth one and the odds will be strongly in their favour. How many of us are there left? twelve? They'd get rid of A THIRD of the innocents in one strike.

I think it's too risky but I don't want to sound as if I'm trying to protect my own skin. As I said before, if that's the general agreement then I shall accept it.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:03 PM   #327
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cross posted with Gurthang... and sorry my friend but I'm a he
Old 12-23-2005, 09:03 PM   #328
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Yes, apologies about that... it has been changed.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #329
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Farael, our advantage is we can still keep Sauron for one more day. So, if the heroes do kill another innocent, Formendacil can either spot a hero or another innocent. So, the heroes kill tonight will not play a big factor.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 PM   #330
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

True, but what I was saying is that if we followed Kath's plan, we'd risk loosing three innocents tonight and a fourth one during the day. If my math is not wrong we are 12 left but 2 of those are the Heroes therefore they'd actually get rid of almost HALF of the opposition in one night-day cycle.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:52 PM   #331
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm raelly sorry fellow werewolves but it seems Nonnadeck's flesh was not as well conserved as I thought... I'm afraid this big wolf has fallen with a bit of a stomach ailment. I shall cast my vote now, for the only wolf whom I have a clear suspicion against.

++Wayne

I hope you guys make the right choices for tonight's devouring, but I cannot stay to join you.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:05 PM   #332
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Innocents
Formendacil
morm
Mithalwen
Farael
Gurthang

Unknowns
Kath
Eomer
spawn
Wayne
Oddwen
Lhuna
Boromir

One unknown and one innocent have voted.

Wayne 1
Farael 1

What needs to be done, and quickly, is decide who the other candidate is besides Wayne and establish the plan. Out of the unknowns I would be in favor of leaving Oddwen and eliminating any other. That leaves

Kath
Eomer
Spawn
Lhuna
Boromir

Kath made a good case against Lhuna. Eomer is oddly silent. Boromir is vocal and willing to die but somewhat threatens us that it will be on our hands. Spawn hasn't been seen too much. Kath has been rather vocal today and seemingly heroish with her attempt to prevent the double killings.

Out of these I'm thinking the Heroes would be silent today so even though killing Kath and feasting on her carcass would bring me great delight I think the little runt may be innocent but misguided. Now that leaves Eomer and Spawn (as well as Lhuna but I'll give her time) each can be crafty. So if Formendacil has no objection I would think Eomer or Spawn should go today as well as Wayne. I will be willing to be here near the deadline, unless unforseen problems arise, to ensure the success of our double kill.

I would put us in the following camps

Wayne vote
Mithalwen
Spawn or Eomer
Lhuna
Kath

Spawn or Eomer vote
Farael
Boromir
Spawn or Eomer
Oddwen

It would be nice to have Gurthang, Formendacil and me hang around unil the last hour to clean things up as needed. Let me know if that works.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:10 PM   #333
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Wayne vote
Mithalwen
Spawn or Eomer
Lhuna
Farael

Spawn or Eomer vote
Kath
Boromir
Spawn or Eomer
Oddwen

A revision was needed to account for Farael's cross post.

Wayne has 2 votes. We need to get started on the next candidate.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:26 PM   #334
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Sounds good morm, especially saving a few votes as a safety. I'll make sure I'm here till the end of the Night.

Unfortunately, with Farael voting for Wayne, it puts a lot of unknown's voting in one group. So unless we can get most of them to vote very soon, we might be getting too close to the end of the Night to pull it off.

I'd strongly advise everyone on morm's lists to vote as he has said, and do it as soon as possible. If you still don't like the double kill idea, well, say so, but I think we're doing it anyway. I think most of the wolves has voiced their willingness to follow that course of action. I think that Kath has voiced her dislike for the plan, but I think she'll go along with the pack; I know Boromir is. We haven't heard Spawn or Eomer's comments on doing a double. Oddwen posted but said nothing for or against. Lhuna hasn't been here yet toNight, and I'm not really expecting her. Wayne has voted, so we don't have to worry about him.

Morm, I think we need to specify between Spawn and Eomer. I'd prefer Eomer, but I'm not the best in picking out who's guilty. In other words, just pick whoever.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:59 PM   #335
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Okay I agree I just hope we are correct in this. I will say Spawn unless Formendacil disagrees. Mainly because Eomer wanted to know why he looked innocent which I don't see why a guilty would ask that. He could either be killed tomorrow or dreamt of tonight depending upon Formendacil

SO EVERYBODY THE VOTE NOW IS FOR SPAWN!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 12:13 AM   #336
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

So shall it be. I'm going to go take a nap now. I'll be back again before the Night is over. When I do get back, I expect to see that everyone who needs to has voted for their appointed person.

(900th post! )
Old 12-24-2005, 02:42 AM   #337
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Woah! Woah woah woah - since when are we definitely doing a double lynching!
Since I gave my assent to the plan.

Or are you questioning the Lord Sauron's wisdom?

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant is just as acceptable to me as the others. The official changing of the plan to become a double-lynching of Wayne and Dancing Spawn is herewith given Angbandian approval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
It would be nice to have Gurthang, Formendacil and me hang around unil the last hour to clean things up as needed. Let me know if that works.
I would that I could, but alas, the Lord Melkor calls me away to dreams, and I shall not have time to awaken ere hated Arien rises in the East.

If thou two, Mormegil and Gurthang shalt guard the surety of this double-lynching, then I shall take me to my rest, safe in the knowledge that my loyal servants serve me well.

And I shall personally start the Dancing Spawn end of the double-lynch.

By the Power of the Lord Melkor, be she foul Elfling or loyal Werewolf, I cast my vote for the death of

++Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Old 12-24-2005, 03:23 AM   #338
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
SO EVERYBODY THE VOTE NOW IS FOR SPAWN!!!
Well, thanks a lot. What if I disagree, does that count? Although morm is a proven wolf, I think it's unfair that he gets to decide alone, who'll end up devoured.

I'm being suspected again because I don't stay up all Night discussing with you. Hmph. Well, shall I vote for myself or Wayne, then?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:14 AM   #339
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Sorry, dear fellow wolves and hidden *bleh* heroes. I have forgotten to post a note on the village bulletin board that it will be hard for me to be around toNight since Gaurhothmas falls at least 6 hours and at most 15 hours earlier for me than all of you. It's a good thing that I managed to be around and see that Kath is already suspecting me. I'll answer that in a bit, after I've finally understood all that's going on.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:30 AM   #340
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Well, thanks Kath. I was actually feeling a little weird without anyone suspecting me.

So I see I really have been a bit inconsistent about Wayne. Believe me, I really want him devoured just to spare us all the confusion he's causing, but somehow I'm still hoping he'll speak up a bit more. In any case, I would want him to be one of our devourees toNight because I think I finally had enough of him.

As for Glirdan, I did NOT suspect him the way I think you meant. I was actually trying to tell you all that for me, he doesn't seem to be heroic. I can't see any backtracking that I did that Night, because I was fully consistent (or at least as much as I can possibly be without any certainty) with my opinion that Glirdan is NOT a hero.

I'm a werewolf, I tell you. I wouldn't ask the now-revealed Lord Saurondacil to dream of me, as I think that would be a waste of a dream. But if he would, then by all means. I have nothing to hide. And I mean nothing.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:51 AM   #341
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Gaurhothmas draws near...and so I must vote.

++WaynetheGoblin

I fully intend to vote for him, anyway.

I hope I can still be here when the Night comes to an end.

Last thing. Someone who has the time and the will, please look closely at Eomer of the Rohirrim. Sorry dearie, but you're not sitting well with me. It's just that there's something...different about you.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:54 AM   #342
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Fine, I'll vote

++SPAWN

But I'm not happy about it!
Old 12-24-2005, 06:04 AM   #343
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Mainly because Eomer wanted to know why he looked innocent which I don't see why a guilty would ask that.
Don't you see? A wolf like Eomer can pull this kind of question off as a hero. Not that I have any real reasons to suspect him but this very nearly counts as one.

Seriously, I still don't understand why dancing spawn is a devouree all of a sudden. Anyone care to explain?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:09 AM   #344
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
well well you want to kill me 3 days from my birthday fine but you will not win werewolfs.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:13 AM   #345
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynetheGoblin
well well you want to kill me 3 days from my birthday fine but you will not win werewolfs.
We (exclusive) will not win against you heroes, is that what you mean?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:50 AM   #346
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I think you're wrong Wayne. Us Werewolves (yes: US—including myself, though I won't live long enough for the party) are going to win this unless a miracle happens.

By the way, I've been quiet because I was, er, having fun last night.

It was rather amusing to read all those pages of working out how to carry out this plan, when the plan was blindingly obvious the whole time. We are assured a win because of the allowed double-lynchings.

Check it:

Innocents- Mithalwen, Mormegil, Gurthang, Farael, Formendacil.

Unknowns- Eomer, Boromir, Spawn, Lhuna, Kath, Oddwen, Wayne.

Order of death (say):

Wayne, Spawn-------Mithalwen

Eomer, Boromir-------Formendacil

Lhuna, Kath-----------Gurthang

Oddwen-------------leaving Mormegil and Farael as winners.

There it is. Game over.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:25 AM   #347
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

I'm back from my 'nap'. There are not nearly as many votes as I had hoped.

Voting:
Farael - 1
Wayne - 3
Spawn - 2

I believe that's right. Tell me if it isn't.

Eomer, I notice that you didn't tag a vote onto that last post. Why? If you see that this is the way to insure victory, why have you not followed the plan?

Is there any doubt left that Wayne is a hero? Even if he's not, he's acting like one and will die toNight regardless.

Morm, just wanting to see if you're still here.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:28 AM   #348
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

So far votings stands:

Wayne- 3
Spawn-2

Just so, there's not a mass confusion around here.

With

Myself, Mormegil, Eomer, Gurthang, Spawn, and Oddwen left to vote I think that's all names
Old 12-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #349
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I'm tired but present. Your count is correct. 3 for Wayne and 2 for Spawn I would like to see the next vote be for Spawn and then an alternating vote for Wayne then Spawn.

Spawn, sorry about that but somebody had to pick and it wasn't easy but yes you will die and if you are innocent know that you will leave on...for you see you will become part of me as food.

Oh and Wayne, yes we do want to devour you so close to your birthday.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #350
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

With an even amount left to vote, someone will have to sit out or vote for someone else. Anyway we should set this up so we don't botch it in the end:

For Wayne:
Mormegil
Spawn

For Spawn:
Boromir88
Gurthang
Eomer

With Oddwen to vote for anyone besides those two, or not vote at all. Hopefully we're all here, if we're not then, I guess something new will have to be tried.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:40 AM   #351
mormegil
Maundering Mage

No Boromir. Gurthang and I will be voting last. That way we can clean up any mistakes and flush out any hero that may try and mess up the voting at the end. So like I said. Boromir why don't you vote for Spawn, thus tying up the count. Then we need the next two votes to go alternating between Wayne and Spawn.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:41 AM   #352
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

I'm pretty sure Wayne has voted for Farael, so he has one vote(which doesn't come into play, really).

By the way, thank you Kath.

It's nice to know I'm not alone Boromir, but I'd prefer a plan that leaves me and morm at the end.

You, Boromir, and Eomer need to both vote Spawn. Spawn will vote for Wayne. Oddwen will not vote toNight.

That leaves morm and I around to make sure that everything goes according to plan. I don't see why it shouldn't, unless we're killing both heroes. If that is the case, then it's a lost cause, because you'll die the next Night, even if we do screw this up.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:44 AM   #353
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

I'll vote for Spawn, morm, more than glad to. Problem is with cross-postings, and anything that can happen these last minutes could cause us to botch it. I think it would be much wiser to assign votes, so you know who you're voting for, instead of saying alternate. It would be much easier to botch.

Also, I wasn't giving the order in which to vote, just basically assigning people on who to vote for. Of course I figured of anyone you two would hold your votes to the end.

++Spawn
Old 12-24-2005, 07:46 AM   #354
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Why hasn't anybody voted. If it continues like this until near the deadline I may get worried.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:48 AM   #355
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Thanks for the vote Boromir.

We still lack voted from Spawn, Eomer, and Oddwen.

I'm beginning to think that they will not be voting, which I say is fine. We have a tie let's leave it as is!

THAT IS NOBODY ELSE VOTE PLEASE.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:51 AM   #356
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
You, Boromir, and Eomer need to both vote Spawn. Spawn will vote for Wayne. Oddwen will not vote toNight.

That leaves morm and I around to make sure that everything goes according to plan. I don't see why it shouldn't, unless we're killing both heroes. If that is the case, then it's a lost cause, because you'll die the next Night, even if we do screw this up.
Does this mean we're actually going with Eomer's suggestion? Not that I have a problem with that, but we don't know what could transpire during the accursed Day.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:53 AM   #357
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

But I am right. There is no way the Heroes can win now.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:54 AM   #358
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

One last thing morm. Just to make sure that you or I don't blow it here at the end, who should vote, you or me, first if someone else does vote? I'm willing to vote or hold whichever you say. We simply need to have it agreed so that we both don't jump in and put someone else ahead. Time's running out, we might not have time to decide then if it happens
Old 12-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #359
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Good idea Gurthang.

You take Wayne I'll take Spawn

AGAIN NOBODY VOTE!
Old 12-24-2005, 08:00 AM   #360
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Eomer: you look more heroish every time you post. Tomorrow Night you'll be dead, I'll make sure of that.

Lhuna: I don't trust him either. The worst that could happen is that they kill the Hunter to try to get two innocents dead. That wouldn't really be so bad, because it's down to a game of unknowns versus knowns. The Hunter simply chooses from the unknowns, so there really is no way that Heromer can pull it off.

Good, morm, if somebody jumps in with a spawn vote, then I'll vote Wayne.