The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #2601
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"r"s?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #2602
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
There R...

-------- --- ---- ----rr------ ------ --r-!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #2603
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
how about O?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #2604
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
ro, ro, ro...

-o---o-- --- ---- ----rr------ ------ --r-!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 05-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #2605
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

how about some T ?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #2606
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time

-o---o-- --- ---- ----rr------ t----- --r-!

Only one T, sorry...
Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #2607
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"e's?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #2608
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N please
Old 05-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #2609
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R O T E N

-o-e-o-- --- -een ----rr-n--n- t--n-- -ere!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:13 AM   #2610
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"h"s, please.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #2611
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T H R O N E

-o-e-o-- h-- -een ----rr-n--n- th-n-- here!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #2612
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

D please
Old 05-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #2613
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T H R O N E D

-o-e-o-- h-- -een d---rr-n--n- th-n-- here!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:36 AM   #2614
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Well, it looks like:

"Somebody has been disarranging things here!"

I thought it might be from the Father X-mas letters, or from Roverandom, but haven't been able to locate it so far.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 AM   #2615
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes, that's absolutely right! And it is Father Christmas speaking to Polar Bear (am I polar bear obsessed these days, what with Knut and all?!) - and it wasn't the young polar bears who were responsible for the disorder.

Interesting general thought - evil and disorder go hand in hand...
Old 05-21-2007, 02:51 AM   #2616
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Ah, thank you, Esty!
(Frankly, I wouldn't have the time right now to reread every father X-mas letter!)

"----/ -/ ---'-/ -----/ --/ ----/ ---/ --/ ---/, ---/ ---'--/ -----/ ----/ ---/. ---/ ---/ -----/, ---/ --/ --/ -------/, --/ ---/ ----/ --/ ---/ ---/ --/ ---/."
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 AM   #2617
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let'sss ssstart with Sss, pleassse.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #2618
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

But we has only two...

"----/ -/ ---'-/ -----/ --/ ----/ ---/ --/ ---/, ---/ ---'--/ -----/ ----/ ---/. ---/ ---/ -----/, ---/ s-/ -s/ -------/, --/ ---/ ----/ --/ ---/ ---/ --/ ---/."
Old 05-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #2619
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Then the precious wantss "g"s!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #2620
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and Ns too, if there are N-y...
Old 05-21-2007, 12:53 PM   #2621
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

GNS

"----/ -/ --n'-/ g--n-/ --/ ----/ ---/ --/ ---/, -n-/ ---'--/ n----/ --n-/ ---/. ---/ ---/ -----/, -n-/ s-/ -s/ -n-----/, --/ g--/ ----/ --/ -n-/ ---/ --/ ---/."

Last edited by Guinevere; 05-21-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: crossposting with request of N
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #2622
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

We cross-posted - can you add the Ns for me, please?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #2623
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I did!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #2624
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Still can't recognize anything - must be T-time!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #2625
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

GNST (T is always useful )

"T--t/ -/ --n't/ g--n-/ t-/ t---/ ---/ -t/ ---/, -n-/ ---'--/ n----/ --n-/ --t/. ---/ ---/ -----/, -n-/ s-/ -s/ -n-----/, t-/ g-t/ ----/ --/ -n-/ ---/ -t/ ---/."
Old 05-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #2626
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"h"s?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #2627
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and Os too, please.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #2628
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

THONGS

"Th-t/ -/ --n't/ go-n-/ to/ t---/ -o-/ -t/ ---/, -n-/ -o-'--/ n----/ --n-/ o-t/. -o-/ ---/ -----/, -n-/ so/ -s/ -n-on-/, to/ g-t/ h---/ --/ -n-/ ---/ -t/ ---/."
Old 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #2629
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"i"s?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #2630
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and L, please.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #2631
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

LIGHTS ON ! (good choices!)

"Th-t/ I/ -in't/ goin-/ to/ t-ll/ -o-/ -t/ -ll/, -n-/ -o-'ll/ n----/ -in-/ o-t/. -o-/ ---/ l----/, -n-/ so/ is/ -n-on-/, to/ g-t/ h---/ --/ -n-/ ---/ -t/ -ll/."
Old 06-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #2632
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I have no idea where to find this quote - it doesn't sound familiar enough for me to locate it. Maybe another letter will give me a clue.

A, please.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #2633
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

AS THINGOL (please excuse the forgotten g )

"That/ I/ ain't/ going/ to/ t-ll/ -o-/ at/ all/, an-/ -o-'ll/ n----/ -in-/ o-t/. -o-/ a--/ l----/, an-/ so/ is/ an-on-/, to/ g-t/ h---/ --/ an-/ -a-/ at/ all/."
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #2634
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"e"s, please.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #2635
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and Y, please.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:39 AM   #2636
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

HOLY TEASING

"That/ I/ ain't/ going/ to/ tell/ yo-/ at/ all/, an-/ yo-'ll/ ne-e-/ -in-/ o-t/. Yo-/ a-e/ l----/, an-/ so/ is/ anyone/, to/ get/ he-e/ --/ any/ -ay/ at/ all/."
Old 06-05-2007, 07:14 AM   #2637
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, finally! I discovered it despite a missing "y" in lucky.

It's The Man-in-the-Moon, speaking to Roverandom about the children who have come there.
Quote:
That I ain't going to tell you at all, and you'll never find out. You are lucky, and so is anyone, to get here by any way at all; but the children don't come by your way, at any rate.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #2638
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up Exactly!

So sorry for forgetting a letter again!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #2639
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

No problem, Guinevere, it happens to the best of us - and you are the best!

Here's a new quote for you:
Quote:
---- --- --- --- -- ----, ------, ------, -------!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #2640
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Are there any O's ?