Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page |
08-16-2004, 07:31 AM | #201 | |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Probably Gandalf to the council of Elrond, retelling what Barliman may have said hom about Strider and his (Strider's) wish to see hobbits. It would fit into the following:
Quote:
08-16-2004, 08:05 AM | #202 |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
Exactly right! Good one, H-I. That makes it your turn.
08-17-2004, 02:05 AM | #203 | |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Thank you
Next serve: Quote:
08-21-2004, 12:09 PM | #204 | |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
How about this? It could be an orc to the Goblin King in 'The Hobbit.' As the dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf sleep in the cave at the top of the mountain path, an orc reports their presence to the Goblin King:
Quote:
08-22-2004, 03:23 AM | #205 |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Yes, of course Take it over
08-22-2004, 03:36 PM | #206 | |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
Really? That was just a guess to keep the thread from scrolling too far down the page.
Well, okay. Here we go. Something a little different. Quote:
08-23-2004, 01:32 AM | #207 | |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Going with the obvious...
is this the continuation of Gandalf's poem:
Quote:
08-23-2004, 06:23 AM | #208 |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
Evisse has it. This one was fun, coming up with the rhyme. Your turn.
09-03-2004, 02:39 AM | #209 | |
Brightness of a Blade
|
A bit tongue in cheek:
Quote:
09-03-2004, 03:04 AM | #210 |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Sounds like Gandalf to Saruman in Orthank, as reported by the former to the council of Elrond.
09-04-2004, 01:14 AM | #211 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Yep, that's the one!
09-13-2004, 01:23 AM | #212 | |
Deadnight Chanter
|
my apologies for a delay
next one:
Quote:
Egroeg Ihkhsal - Would you believe in the love at first sight? - Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time! Last edited by HerenIstarion; 09-13-2004 at 01:30 AM. |
|
09-22-2004, 03:10 AM | #213 |
Deadnight Chanter
|
some clue
they had eight legs each
09-22-2004, 05:11 AM | #214 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Useful hint!
I suppose it goes like this: "Come down! Come down! Don't stay up there and be netted! They are coming from above too! Come away, or they'll swaddle you! " Bilbo to the dwarves, about the eight-legged freaks.
09-22-2004, 05:16 AM | #215 |
Deadnight Chanter
|
correct
09-22-2004, 05:27 AM | #216 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Thanks!
"and closer to my heart. I feel ready to go on now." Obscure? Maybe...
09-23-2004, 07:19 AM | #217 | |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
Might this be Merry to Pippin on the edge of Fangorn:
Quote:
09-23-2004, 08:14 AM | #218 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
that's a good find...
but unfortunately not the one I had in mind. You're close though, both in terms of geography and timeline...
10-12-2004, 11:43 AM | #219 | |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
Okay, one more try. Could this be Legolas, in about the same spot, but about a day and a half later:
Quote:
10-12-2004, 01:08 PM | #220 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Correct, you got it - it was indeed very obscure, but apparently not impossible. Well done, your go!
10-13-2004, 08:33 AM | #221 | |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
That was a tough one. It's one of my favorite lines from Legolas, so I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Guess it's time to catch up and join in the Chapter by Chapter forum.
Anyway, here goes: Quote:
10-18-2004, 07:25 AM | #222 | |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Is it Lobelia to Frodo, in A Long Expected Party:
Quote:
10-18-2004, 09:23 AM | #223 |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
You're both close and way off. Lobelia is certainly involved, but the actual speaker is not Frodo as he is the one listening, and the chapter is way off.
10-19-2004, 06:33 AM | #224 | |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Your hints make me almost a hundred percent sure it's the following:
Quote:
10-19-2004, 09:46 AM | #225 |
Shade of Carn Dûm
|
Dead on! Good one! Your turn . . .
10-20-2004, 03:51 AM | #226 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Thanks. Here I go:
"...and what shall become of the rest of the company if I were to follow my heart?"
10-31-2004, 12:37 PM | #227 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
It ain't that difficult...It's quite easy actually, compared to other quotes here...
HINT: check FOTR.
11-26-2004, 05:30 PM | #228 |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Sounds a bit like Aragorn just as he was deciding what to do - chase orks or follow Frodo, but I can't find exact passage to fit it in...
11-27-2004, 07:26 AM | #229 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Yeah that's it, you can have it.
The exact quote was somewhere around here: "Boromir has laid it on me to go to Minas Tirith and my heart desires it; but where are the Ring and the Bearer ..and what shall become of the rest of the company if I were to follow my heart?"
01-04-2005, 06:31 PM | #230 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
*bump*
HI?
02-26-2005, 07:16 AM | #231 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
*bump again*
*louder this time*
Heren Istarion?
02-26-2005, 07:29 AM | #232 | |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Such a loud call can not be left unanswered
'Yes, m'am? I'm all ears, m'am! Ah, I've missed one, m'am. You know how it is, one thing driving out another, that kind of thing, m'am. My apologies, m'am!' Next one up: Quote:
02-26-2005, 07:37 AM | #233 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
LOL. You are forgiven, it wasn't my intention to sound so mean.
It's just I get cranky if I go without my toys for too long, hehe. (j/k) Here's a quick guess: Someone in the Fellowship could have said this just before Gandalf's fall in Moria, as he was 'grasping vainly at the stone.'
02-26-2005, 07:57 AM | #234 |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Thank you, m'am
Not, it was earlier. Would it be earlier 'a lot', or ealier 'a bit', depends on race perspective. It would have been 'a bit' for an elf, 'a lot' for a human
03-15-2005, 08:13 AM | #235 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
Hmm. Maybe in The Hobbit when they are surrounded by goblins and Gandalf suddenly leaps from the tree only to be caught by the Lord of the Eagles? One of the dwarves or Bilbo could have shouted this...
03-15-2005, 08:16 AM | #236 |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Very close, but not cigar. Take it a little bit to the east from the spot you named, and some weeks later
03-15-2005, 08:25 AM | #237 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
well then...
When Bilbo rescued the dwarves from the spider's web in Mirkwood?
03-15-2005, 01:17 PM | #238 |
Deadnight Chanter
|
Almost there. Several days back, few miles west
03-16-2005, 09:26 AM | #239 |
Brightness of a Blade
|
A-ha!
When Bombur falls in the water and the others have to drag him out.
Yep, actually here it fits the best.
04-02-2005, 09:34 PM | #240 |
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
|
"It was precious to me and I lost it with great pain."