Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #1641
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sure, sure, blame it all on the impudent hobbit; nevermind that he's only giving Javan exactly what he wants.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #1642
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I shall indeed! Javan wanted to, yes, but he wouldn't have, if Falco hadn't come in and told him to. Falco's the serpent, in this case, and Javan is Eve.

-- Folwren
Old 04-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #1643
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Is everybody waiting for me now?

Hmmmm...... smoke coming from the ruins.....

Falco is off to Meduseld to get aid (whether or not it's needed).....

I'm not going to post right away in case someone else wants to do something first.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #1644
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
Is everybody waiting for me now?
I have to wait for Monday to get the student-exams out of my hands...

Celuien: if you have time to write something for Garstan before Monday, could you carry Stigend with you as well? I would appreciate that.

Others are free to mention Stigend being along the "rescue-party" or use him to your purposes as well...
Old 04-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #1645
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Celuien: if you have time to write something for Garstan before Monday, could you carry Stigend with you as well? I would appreciate that.

Others are free to mention Stigend being along the "rescue-party" or use him to your purposes as well...
I should be able to write something over the weekend...
Old 04-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #1646
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I was going to let it go, but I really can't. Foley, it's like this. Regardless of how you see Falco, or how Thornden sees him, Falco does not see himself as 'the serpent'. He is convinced that he's right, and that Thornden has no right whatsoever to do what he did. So in his eyes, it's not a temptation but a right. Therefore, he's not going to try and help Javan "do wrong" without disobeying "the letter of Thornden's law"; instead, he'll try to convince Javan that Thornden had no right to "hijack" his pony. So I need something changed in your post, which of course will change the rest of your post:

“You have a horse, don’t you?” Falco prodded.

needs to be changed to:

"I'm a guest here, young man," said Falco, "and your brother had no call to jail me nor my pony. So he's gone against the Eorl's word in this, see, and you'd be doing no wrong by letting me have what's mine by rights."

What you do with Javan from there is, of course, up to you, but what you have in that post will have to be altered. Sorry (a wee bit).
Old 04-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #1647
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
lol! Elempi! You didn't have to do that. I was teasing.

But I'll change it, of course, according to what you want. Not now...I'm on my way (or supposed to be on my way) out the door.

So...this evening, when I get back, I'll change my post.

-- Folwren
Old 04-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #1648
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, sir, the edit is done. Javan can't blame it on Falco quite as much now. Does my edit look alright?

-- Folwren
Old 04-23-2007, 08:46 AM   #1649
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I really don't know what to do right now. I'm not particularly good at writing battles or fighting scenes. I'd be willing to do a post during it, but if someone else could move in, that'd probably be good. Thornden may be in the lead, but Folwren isn't good at making plans like this. So if I write anything, it'd probably be really poorly done.

Sorry to triple post.

-- Foolwren
Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #1650
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Something like a basic description of the situation around the ruins might be helpful... How many outlaws, what they're doing, are Eodwine and the twins still hiding or captured already, what do the outlaws want; robbing, ransom (taking that they recognise lord Eodwine), just being brutal...?

Lmp and Celuien, I'll PM you in a minute with an idea that's somewhat unrelated to what Thornden and the rescue-party will do...
Old 04-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #1651
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've given you some clues already, Foley. There are about a dozen outlaws (give or take); no horses. Some barking and growling can be heard. Thornden has already been to the ruins, so recall what he saw last time, and throw in some outlaws running about, or under cover and sending arrows flying at the would-be rescuers. This is, by the way, a pretty brutal group, to use Nogrod's word.

Leave Rilef to me, please. None of the party will find him until I reveal his situation.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #1652
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I've given you some clues already, Foley. There are about a dozen outlaws (give or take); no horses. Some barking and growling can be heard. Thornden has already been to the ruins, so recall what he saw last time, and throw in some outlaws running about, or under cover and sending arrows flying at the would-be rescuers. This is, by the way, a pretty brutal group, to use Nogrod's word.
I know you've given me clues, but I'm just saying I'm awful at writing such things! But...I'll move forward when I've a chance, if no one else has.

-- Folwren
Old 04-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #1653
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

There's only one way to get better at anything, especially things that scare you. But don't get too worried - we're more than happy to help you make it what it needs to be.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #1654
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay. Celuien has not answered yet but with your approval lmp I have moved the two lads towards the center of action as well. If Cel has no time to embark on this we will have to decide whether I try to run this side-plot myself or whether I just delete my last post from the thread.

So don't worry Foley! Even if you don't have the eyes of the hobbit as a scout to help you, you might have the keen eyes of two little kids...
Old 04-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #1655
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
I just got home now to find the PMs.

I like it. Now to read what happened in the hall...
Old 04-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #1656
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
So don't worry Foley! Even if you don't have the eyes of the hobbit as a scout to help you, you might have the keen eyes of two little kids...
Hee hee! Now that's interesting. Thornden removed the chance Foley had of Elempi describing what was going on through Falco's eyes. How ironic. But you can do it, my dear. Have no doubts.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #1657
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm attempting, I'm attempting. I'm as nervous as can be.

The two little kids won't do our rescuing party any good because they're not with us.

I'm writing a post now and will post it before going to bed...

-- Folwren
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #1658
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

A most commendable effort, Foley. You have set the scene well, and then started the action, allowing your own character to be hurt. What I especially like is how it's from Thornden's point of view, and the reader sees the whole thing through his eyes. Good stuff.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:45 AM   #1659
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Yay! This is all so fantastic!

I'm glad Modtryth's not aware what's happening...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #1660
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thank you kindly, Elempi. I'm glad it passes...

Now, forward with you other writers!

-- Folwren
Old 04-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #1661
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Thumbs up

oo ooh Exciting!

And a good way to bring Ęšelhild back

LMP Ęšelhild is on her way to find Falco, hopefully his injuries will be a good enough excuse for her to tag along. If he won't go back with her she'll just have to go along to make sure he makes it back in one piece kinda deal :P What do you think?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #1662
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Ah! Our healer returns just in the nick of time! Or, perhaps, a couple of nicks ahead of time. Welcome back, Nerindel. I've been thinking about you off an on lately. Glad you're back. Just one minor little thing: Your typing fingers seem to want to spell the Eorl's name "Edowine" No big deal.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #1663
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
If someone wouldn't mind jumping in with their character to help Leof...

Welcome back, Nerindel!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #1664
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay. We've (Celuien and I) made the two lads come almost to the present of the writing. The shout and the men running in the end of my last post refer to the outlaws getting ready for their ambush on the rescuers from the MH. So we're almost there...

I hope it suits you that the twins have been rounded up.

And lmp, where is lord Eodwine? Rounded up as well or free and hiding somewhere? Or will it be a surprise?

Foley & Firefoot: as I wrote in my bio for Stigend he has served as a man of arms when he was younger. He will try to help either of your characters tomorrow (RL) if no one else has had time to do that. So don't worry, the cavalry is coming at the last moment...
Old 04-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #1665
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Thumbs up

Quote:
Just one minor little thing: Your typing fingers seem to want to spell the Eorl's name "Edowine" No big deal.
yikes I knew something was outta place. Well d and o have agreed to switch back and our Eorl is once again "Eodwine"
Old 04-24-2007, 09:07 PM   #1666
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thank you kindly, Nerindel.

Noggy, Eodwine is free and in hiding somewhere, and will have surprises of his own to deal with.... which will remain a surprise.

I'll post tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 AM   #1667
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Foley & Firefoot: as I wrote in my bio for Stigend he has served as a man of arms when he was younger. He will try to help either of your characters tomorrow (RL) if no one else has had time to do that. So don't worry, the cavalry is coming at the last moment...
Have him help Leof. Thornden can take care of his man for now.

-- Folwren
Old 04-25-2007, 04:47 PM   #1668
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Have him help Leof. Thornden can take care of his man for now.
That was what I thought indeed.

But sorry Firefoot. I can't do it today as I need to get to sleep now. But I'll try to do it tomorrow (within 24 hours). And if Celuien has nothing against it, I have a plan or two for the kids as well and might try to post something for them tomorrow as well. But if you have time and wish to do it, let this not stop you from continuing...
Old 04-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #1669
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, Garmund and Stigend can help Eodwine tie up the man and keep him quiet before going into the tower. Please allow me to write what they find in there from Eodwine's perspective.

Okay, I have a question. Does this tower have a roof? I had imagined the whole place as roofless, but that seems to vary with some descriptions. Well?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #1670
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Okay, Garmund and Stigend can help Eodwine
Garmund and Stigend?

I'll look at this tomorrow... It's coming 2AM here.

EDIT:Okay. I checked it... So garmund and Cnebba can help Eodwine. Alright.

I try to look at the thing tomorrow as I said. But do go on lmp if you have clear ideas and time. If you wish something from our posting (Cel & I) please let us know.

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-25-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #1671
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quite all right, Nogrod. I can wait.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #1672
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Okay, I have a question. Does this tower have a roof? I had imagined the whole place as roofless, but that seems to vary with some descriptions. Well?
I certainly imagine it roofless... It's a very old ruin, after all.

And I can hardly believe that you knocked out my outlaw after I'd only written with him once. But that's fine. Very exciting. And I'm glad to see that Eodwine is alright and now somewhere that I can at least locate in my mind... before he was just somewhere random.

-- Folwren
Old 04-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #1673
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I certainly imagine it roofless... It's a very old ruin, after all.
So do I. My idea was that there was a doorway that went into the mound so as to actually go downwards... like it is with old buildings: they subside. But the top-levels should have tumbled down or at least the roof should have fallen so no roof on the top but maybe one or two levels with a roof of a kind?

Quote:
And I can hardly believe that you knocked out my outlaw after I'd only written with him once. But that's fine.
Your outlaw?! I wrote long parts for the encounter of him and the two boys as well yesterday but they're clearly of no use any more... But maybe it's better that way as my version of the meeting of the three was pretty nasty. And anyhow we have Lord Eodwine back in the story.

I'll be seeing to both Stigend helping Leof and possibly for the kids with Eodwine this evening. If lmp or Cel wish to continue with the three please let me know so that I don't write the stuff in vain (I'll start with Stigend and Leof anyhow and will not be doing it as a work, so proceeding slowly every now and then...)
Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #1674
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay. I'll post my stuff with the two lads and lord Eodwine first via PM to both of you lmp and Cel. I have also the part with Stigend and Leof written once but as they're both on paper and not on digital format it will take some time to actually write them here.

But if you are in no hurry, please wait a second lmp and Cel.

It's just funny that after a long time of sleeping all the people are rushing in their contributions. But I hope you will understand my worries here this time as I've managed to outdate my stories twice in three days so I just wish to check it this time to not make things in vain.

And Foley, this is nothing as a comment of what you have written... just don't bother even thinking so. The one who writes, writes, and others will need to adjust to that. So you've done nothing wrong to my eye - I myself have been slow between my plans and the execution of them. So don't read it that way..., well anyone.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #1675
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
And Foley, this is nothing as a comment of what you have written... just don't bother even thinking so. The one who writes, writes, and others will need to adjust to that. So you've done nothing wrong to my eye - I myself have been slow between my plans and the execution of them. So don't read it that way..., well anyone.
Ha! I don't feel guilty. No fears. I ... well, Elempi wouldn't be surprised, anyway, if I do apologize, but I am sorry that you had written something and I jumped in front of you, but I'm not really sorry, if you see what I mean.

-- Folwren
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #1676
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

As I said via PM, Noggie, if you have a really good post for Cnebba, Garmund, and Foley's bandit, I'd rather have it posted and Foley and me edit.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #1677
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

My outlaw is really more like a free for all character. I just wanted to write that one part, because I had a hankering for a cockney accent. Just, when he talks, add h's where they don't belong, and take them off where they do.

-- Folwren
Old 04-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #1678
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Please don't bother. It was probably "really good", but it was also a bit too gory anyway as it ended up with the brute slamming Garmund to the ground with a mighty blow, banging Cnebba to the stonewall and in the end Garmund slashing the hollow of his knee with the shearing knife while he was up to his bussiness with killing Cnebba, sending him down as well. And then the boys would have mashed his head with stones they found from around without thinking, just acting on instinct... Then they would have gotten startled and confused... afraid and terrified of what they'd done.

But as I said. It's nicer this way.

I've already PM'd the next one to lmp & Cel. And much nicer anyway.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #1679
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Meep. That would've been violent.

I'm glad I stepped in.

See, I figured he thought he had time, so he, as my character, was going to play with them, as a cat does a mouse, and if things got dangerous, then he probably would've gotten violent.

But I also thought that if they wanted, they could have tried to kidnap the two kids and turned them into life long outlaws.

-- Folwrey
Old 04-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #1680
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Good you stepped in Foley!

Okay I've written a double-post.

If you Firefoot have somenthing to change please let me know.

And as lmp or Celuien have not strongly disapproved I also decided to send the part with their characters a well as to make some proggress in the overall game.

If you have any reclamations - mainly elempi as I have used your character the most - please inform me and I change what needs to be changed.