The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-19-2005, 09:46 AM   #81
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

My, my, that distinctly Valinorean-flesh tasted soooooo sweet!

A good start, wolves. Glirdan is gone but at least he wasn't special in any way (meaning no offence to the dead, mind you). And we have even been aided by the death of an enemy. Things are going well. Let us now capitalize on this opportunity.

We have to ask ourselves: Why was The Saucepan Man slain by the Elves? There are two tempting answers. Either because his intelligence would have been a huge loss to the island (at least it would have been if he was on our side) or because the Elves suspected that he was gifted.

I am inclined to think the latter because, despite his intelligence, The Saucepan Man seemed all set to be locked in a war of attrition with Mithalwen today.

Trouble is, I can't make head nor tail of what gift he apparently showed. If he was a potential Seer (as Lord Sauron) then he didn't make clear his First Day dream, something which he should definitely have done being such a natural target for the Elves.

So.....very strange kill; but we should be delighted with it all the same.

How do the rest of you read this riddle?
Old 12-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #82
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Nice kill Elves! This hound tasted great and his carcass was very large and meaty. There couldn't be a better kill for us wolves than that nasty Hound, Huan!

I find it interesting that so many voted Nonnacedak when I didn't really think his reaction to Menel was anything but knee-jerk. Also telling is that Huan voted him so obviously that fiend didn't think him to be an Elf ally. So if Nonnacedak is innocent then I feel that we should look at Spawn, Boromir, and Kitanna very closely. Also if you want to talk about "safe" votes then Eomer's is rather interesting. He gave no real reason to vote for me other than I seem sneaky. A sneaky person isn't nearly as vocal and loud as I. It seems more that this 'warg' has an inferiority complex and envies us wolves or worse wants to kill us.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:56 AM   #83
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I thought I made it painfully clear, Mormegil, that I had no idea what to do toward the end of that Night. If I had abstained from voting, it would have been suspicious. If I had voted for Glirdan or Nonna, it would have been suspicious. If I had voted for anyone else it would have been suspicious.

If it makes you feel any better I don't really suspect you at the moment. But then, I don't really suspect anyone. Tonight's discussion will give us a better idea.

(As for use of the word 'sneaky', I didn't put a whole lot of thought into that. Let me change that to 'obnoxious'. )
Old 12-19-2005, 10:58 AM   #84
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Mmm, traitor's flesh! Thanks to the elves for the wonderful breakfast!

What a lucky break for us, y'alls. Now, as to cause of death, should we look at the obvious, being:

Mithalwen, the only vote for SPW?

Eomer, Kitanna, Oddwen and Kath, for being mentioned as candidates for devouring?

Gil-Gurth, for having a few words with SPW?

Nonna, being as SPW voted for him?

Or another person altogether, maybe.

Oh, and P.S.,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guh-guh
Huan: Rune or Glirdan

73% sure
You wuz wroooong, señor cara resacas!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #85
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
How do the rest of you read this riddle?
My view on it is that the Elves thought old Sauce would likely be more threat to them alive than dead. He's long had a reputation for cleverness. I don't know that there were any clues in what he said as to him being a Gifted. In fact the only thing I would see as pointing that way is that he was a bit quiet, unusual for him.

Mithalwen voted for SPW - because of their feud dictated by roles? Mith can't have known who he was whether she be wolf or Hero so here there isn't much chance of a bluff I think.

Sauce voted for Nonna - but again he cannot have known anything for certain.

So looking at those surrounding Sauce is useless. He was a traitor yes but not one that knew anything that could help us catch the Heroes. I feel that we might get bogged down in trying to decipher the reasoning behind things Sauce said and did when however much we analyse him it won't tell us anything helpful. I would be wary of those who encourage that course of action. mormegil for example uses this reasoning:
Quote:
Also telling is that Huan voted him so obviously that fiend didn't think him to be an Elf ally.
To make a case for Nonna's innocence. NO! It tells us nothing except that a person with no more knowledge than the rest of us (excluding the Heroes) found him/her(?) suspicious.

Now I have this right yes? Huan would not have known who the Elves were? So long as I have that bit of information right then everything I said above holds true and I'm not too keen on morm. If on the other hand I'm wrong, ignore it all!

Last edited by Kath; 12-19-2005 at 11:27 AM. Reason: wrong word
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #86
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Kath, you miss my point, it figures you lousy runt! What I meant is that Huan (SpM) wouldn't vote for somebody that he actually found suspicious of being an Elf. Therefore we can assume that 1 of the 4 votes at least didn't find him suspicious and that it's probable that at least one of the other 3 who votes for Nonna didn't find him and are dirty Elves. I've got an eye on all three

Boromir
Spawn
Kitanna

Though Eomer is still on as well as all others but you Kath have risen in the ranks to a close watch as well.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:45 AM   #87
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
What I meant is that Huan (SpM) wouldn't vote for somebody that he actually found suspicious of being an Elf.
Why not? Nonna had already received some votes as I recall so had Sauce not been killed by the Elves he wouldn't have been suspected at all for his votes.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:48 AM   #88
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Why not? Nonna had already received some votes as I recall so had Sauce not been killed by the Elves he wouldn't have been suspected at all for his votes.
I'm really confused. Why would SpM vote for somebody he thought could be an Elf that had a good chance of dying?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:52 AM   #89
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh let me think! He votes for Nonna who then turns out to be an Elf. He is then cheered for getting one of the enemy and it is very likely that he will be exempt from suspicion for at least a Night, giving him a bit of leeway.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #90
Nonnacedak
Animated Skeleton

Nonnacedak has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nonnacedak
Har Har the Huan is dead and I rather enjoyed the chucks of his head!

I would go on the defensive here usually because it seems I was the second most popular (or unpopular) wolf on the first night of voting. I don't really feel like I necessarily need to however because I simply voted for someone who was actually second (not first) to randomly accuse me. Also the only reason for those beginning accusations was because I enjoy a delightful fleshrot. A solid and founded reason?

I say nay.

Could their foolish prejudice spark thoughts of revenge and contempt?

I say yea.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:00 PM   #91
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Morm, you're quick to jump on those of us who voted for Nonna because SpM voted in this group, but what about those who went after Glirdan and caused his death?
Formendacil
mormegil
Wayne
Menel
Oddwen
Farael

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the whole list of those who voted for Glirdan.

It's probable one hero is hiding in the Nonna list and one is hiding in this list.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #92
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Morm, you're quick to jump on those of us who voted for Nonna because SpM voted in this group, but what about those who went after Glirdan and caused his death?
Formendacil
mormegil
Wayne
Menel
Oddwen
Farael

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the whole list of those who voted for Glirdan.

It's probable one hero is hiding in the Nonna list and one is hiding in this list.
Undoubtedly there could be a hero amongst them, but the difference, in my eyes, is that Glirdan looked highly suspicious and seemed overly anxious to agree with everyone's ideas. I will spend my time looking at those I've mentioned earlier and by getting one Elf in that mix I think we can find hints towards others. Plus the list of those who voted Nonna is much smaller. If, however unlikely, Nonna is innocent then most likely that list of mine is moot. Now Kitanna, who are you to question me? You are no Mithalwen and haven't earned your stripes and you're nothing better than orc food!
Old 12-19-2005, 12:37 PM   #93
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Formendacil
mormegil
Wayne
Menel
Oddwen
Farael

A hero among us?

That little list there, Kitanna, is half the island, almost.

I must say, when I said I was voting for Glirdan to stir things up, I really wasn't expecting such a bandwaggon to hitch itself behind me. Still, I certainly got an interesting thing going, with plenty of information to analyze.

SPM's death, though a bit of an odd one from my point of view, is quite a logical one for the Heroes to have made. Since they knew that SPM wasn't one of their own, it was quite logical that they would have wanted to kill off one of the most intelligent wolves, and -more importantly- it was a move that any Wolf with half a set of smarts would do- and with yesterday's contorted voting record, we really have no way of guessing who it could be.

In my opinion, we are really in a situation as bad as last Night- more random voting on little or no evidence, with only the future's hindsight to clarify our actions.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:12 PM   #94
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Well, that was a good Day that just ended, if a Day can ever be called good. Death was rampant and seemingly brutal... Huan has been murdered by his own mates... Saucepan isn't around to be automatically suspected in a few days... yes, not bad in my eyes.

I'm not sure that you all are looking at this from the right angle. You, mormegil, say that there is probably an elf in those who voted for Nonnacedak, and you, Kitanna, say there is one in the votes for Glirdan. Well, right you both may be! The odds favor Kitanna, true, but a wolf is probably in both groups, and I don't think that knowing that will really help us.

I would like to put forth a note that morm gives us a list for the opposite of his own vote. Trying to revert suspicion? Kitanna also does the same thing with her list. And for another thing, each has the other list-giver on his/her own list. I find that to be a strange coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
You wuz wroooong, señor cara resacas!
Quite. And for once I am glad. Had I been correct, then we would have lost a great wolf, and Huan would still be among us. As it is we lost only a traitor and Huan is dead.

Now, since you all seem in the list mood, I'll put forth a few, some repeated, though.

Glirdan
voters:
Formendacil
mormegil
Wayne
Menel
Oddwen
Farael

Nonnacedak voters:
Boromir
Spawn
Kitanna
Saucepan Man

Other voters:
Mithalwen (Saucepan)
Nonnacedak (Meneltarmacil)
Gurthang (Rune)
Lhuna (Wayne)
Rune (Wayne)
Eomer (mormegil)
Kath (none)
Glirdan (none)

I'm going to say that there is a hero in each group. So my current "primary" suspects are mormegil and Kitanna (reasons above) and Kath for not voting. Note that these are very flimsy reasons, and shall be assuaged with a proper response.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #95
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
Another interesting combination would be mormegil, Eomer and Nonnacedak.~Spawn Post 66
Something that's also come to my mind. Rather interesting I see. As mormegil has been rather defensive of Nonnacedak, why would a Hero be so blatantly defensive of another? Probably a bold bluff. But another thing that gets my attention is the hypocrisy of mormegil:
Quote:
And nasty elves are quick to accuse!~post 24
So you call yourslf a nasty elf then mormegil? If I recall the very first post of the game was by you:
Quote:
Warg?!?! Warg indeed more like a nasty elf. Notice that he's not from these parts and comes to us from afar. I think we best devour Eomer and be done with his pathetic life.
He sets up this quick little feud with Eomer, Eomer is more than happy to join in. I suspect Nonnacedak, he defends Nonnacedak and for some unexplained reason I'm at the top of his list? Seems like you want me dead for some reason morm? And the only person I could think of who would want me dead would be those stupid heroes.

It was quite a blessing Sauce was destroyed. I wish he wasn't our Huan as his intellegence and Leadership will be missed, but if he's going to do nothing but stir help for the Heros, it truly is a blessing that he's dead.

Anyway topping my list is:

Nonnacedak, followed by morm, then Eomer.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #96
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hello darlings! Well that was an unexpected piece of good fortune.

I haven't had time to go over with a fine toothcomb all that has passed since I was last here but I would like to clarify my reasons for voting for SpM and my take on his death.

I had to vote early or probably not at all. Not everyone had spoken and while I had my suspicions which I think I stated clearly, I did not have enough certainty to make a full blooded attack at that point. Being uncertain of nailing a hero, I felt it was important not to risk a double lynching of true wolves so early. Day one can be quite random and a few number of votes could clinch things.

Glirdan was behaving suspiciously but I felt there was a fair chance he was hapless not heroic. I notice that he didn't really understand my final post which might have been a further clue. Morm well ...... I so nearly voted for him but my instinct told me there was something not right with the Saucepan Man. I felt a little guilty, before the truth came out when I read the later comments, because indeed it was a little unfair to highlight him not being around much when my own attendance was (and will be if I survive) sporadic. However that was the least of my worries. The main concerns was the highly uncharacteristic slips and inconsistencies - if the elf thing was unimportant why question one and not the other? It didn't feel right. However I was not sure at all - it had not occurred to me that he was Huan and now it makes more sense.

But given the uncertainty and earliness , I also thought it wise to vote for the person who had attracted least suspicion from others among my suspects ... if further evidence proved me right; well great .. if not I would be less likely to start a bandwagon based on a hunch.

Well that makes sense to me.

As for SpM's death. I think that the elves did not think he was Huan either. They knew both of us were not of their number and decided that they might rid themselves of 2 of the big beasts in one go - ie it was a clumsy attempt to frame me. Had he proved to be a true wolf this might have been a very difficult day for me to survive. That is how I read it - but of course I know I am a wolf.

Right now to have a closer look at what has been going on. We are in a slightly better position tonight because we have lost the traitor. That reduces confusion. The Lord Sauron has had another day to gather information. Glirdan's death was unfortunate but we might have been in a much worse state.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:49 PM   #97
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Posting again just to add some more:

morm, it seems like you misunderstand what Kath is saying. Just because Sauce didn't think Nonna was a hero, doesn't mean he isn't a hero. The Cobbler doesn't have inside knowledge like the Seer. Perhaps Sauce didn't think Nonna was a Hero, but doesn't mean he isn't one. Or Perhaps Sauce just didn't think Nonna would be lynched, which he wasn't.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:52 PM   #98
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I would like to do a chronological list as it may shed light on our situation.

Formendacil votes Glirdan (Glirdan 1)
Mithalwen votes SpM (Glirdan 1, SpM 1)
Nonnacedak votes Meneltarmacil (Glirdan 1, SpM 1, Menel 1)
Mormegil votes Glirdan (Glirdan 2, Spm 1 Menel 1)
Wayne votes Glirdan (Glirdan 3, SpM 1, Menel 1)
Meneltarmacil votes Glirdan (Glirdan 4, SpM 1 Menel 1)
Gurthang votes Rune (Glirdan 4, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1)
Oddwen votes Glirdan (Glirdan 5, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1)
Kitanna votes Nonnacedak (Glirdan 5, Nonna 1, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1)
Farael votes Glirdan (Glirdan 6, Nonna 1, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1)
Lhunadarwen votes Wayne (Glirdan 6, Nonna 1, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1, Wayne 1)
Rune votes Wayne (Glirdan 6, Nonna 1, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1, Wayne 2)
SpM votes Nonnacedak (Glirdan 6, Nonna 2, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1, Wayne 2)
Spawn votes Nonnacedak (Glirdan 6, Nonna 3, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1, Wayne 2)
Boromir votes Nonnacedak (Glirdan 6, Nonna 4, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1, Wayne 2)
Eomer votes Mormegil (Glirdan 6, Nonna 4, SpM 1, Menel 1, Rune 1, Wayne 2, Mormegil 1)

My earlier accusations were before much analysis and this can shed some light on things.

Menel's vote which was 3rd for Glirdan could be an attempt to give a lead to somebody else and saving himself, but he did voice some suspicion of him early on.

Gurthang's vote for Rune raises an eyebrow and really doesn't give a good explination at all here. If you don't have anything wrong with bandwagoning why not join? Instead he goes for a safe vote of Rune, whom nobody suspected so there is little chance of him being devoured that night.

Oddwen and Farael essentially lock up Glirdan's death but since I found him odd and suspicious I can understand their vote.

I do find the block of three votes for Nonna odd from SpM Spawn and Boromir.

Also Eomer's vote for me was interesting.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:56 PM   #99
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Funny that you think that but don't find these 3 block votes for Glirdan (who is now a proven wolf) "odd":
Quote:
Mormegil votes Glirdan (Glirdan 2, Spm 1 Menel 1)
Wayne votes Glirdan (Glirdan 3, SpM 1, Menel 1)
Meneltarmacil votes Glirdan (Glirdan 4, SpM 1 Menel 1)
It's highly unlikely that all three of you are the heroes, but certainly I would put my life on it and say one of you are.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:02 PM   #100
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Notice Mr. Exorcist, whatever good you have done, I did mention Menel as suspicious. I don't find Wayne suspicious due to his vote mainly because he's Wayne and not a lot of analysis goes on in that head there. So Menel was an odd vote and I noted it.

Quote:
Menel's vote which was 3rd for Glirdan could be an attempt to give a lead to somebody else and saving himself, but he did voice some suspicion of him early on.
and I don't note myself well because you nitwit I'm a wolf and I know it!

Now on to you.

Quote:
for some unexplained reason I'm at the top of his list? Seems like you want me dead for some reason morm?
I believe I gave my reasons earlier and if I wanted you dead you would be you foul smelling puke guts.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:14 PM   #101
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Does anyone else find a little odd that morm seems to have dropped the whole 'Nonna is practically a proven innocent' idea without so much as a word?

Changed your mind morm, or worried you might have let too much slip there?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #102
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I remain slightly suspicious of Boromir88 for his suggestion of going after Farael for no good reason. His jumping on a recently-started Nonnacedak bandwagon makes him a possible Hero, as I will explain below.

In terms of voting patterns I figure that if the Heroes split their votes three ways to hide suspicion, then they will most likely have one for Glirdan, one for Nonna, and one for somebody else. That somebody else, in my opinion, is probably Wayne, as there is a good reason that can usually be cited for voting for Wayne, that being his silence. Also, it is not very likely that a Hero would start a new bandwagon the first Night, as such a person would automatically be suspected of attempting to kill off an innocent (unless a double-bluff was being employed). The same may go for someone casting a "critical vote" that breaks a tie, though this may actually mean that the "critical voter" is actually a Hero trying to save one of his/her own.

If this is the case, then:
Hero #1 who voted for Glirdan would be:
mormegil (a critical vote, which put him ahead of Saucepan and myself)
WaynetheGoblin
Meneltarmacil (I'm an Ordinary Wolf, though, and I seem to recall I cross-posted with Wayne there.)
Oddwen
Farael

Hero #2 who voted for Nonnacedak would be:
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Boromir88

Hero #3 could be anyone who didn't vote for either. If this is indeed the case, I'd suggest Rune. He very well could have gotten away with suspecting Wayne, as there is, as previously mentioned, the "let's-get-Wayne-because-he's-too-quiet" line of reasoning. Since the Nonna bandwagon wasn't rolling yet, Rune may have been attempting to start a Wayne bandwagon off of Lhuna's original vote for him.

Boromir88, due to what I think may have been repeated attempts at urging a vote for Farael from people and then finally voting, strangely, for someone else, is likely to be Hero #2.

Hero#1 could be one of many people, and is tough to call. It should also be noted that a different voting pattern could have been organized, and two HEroes may have voted for one person.

Rune and Boromir88 are my primary suspects.

Oh, and due to the length of time spent writing, there's probably some crossposting in this post.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:28 PM   #103
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
It is hard to say, my hairy friends, who among us is a liar and a bloody elf. Last night I called Boromir Huan yet Saucepanman ended up being him. Even worse, I voted for our butcher and he was just an innocent (albeit quite dumb) wolf. I must admit his flesh was rather tasty, specially when compared with that orc meat he would give us, but that devouring should have waited until the elves are all gone.

For the time being, I shall forgive Boromir and his discriminating act against me for not being a werewolf. I wonder what he thinks of our warg friend over there, but I hope he shall understand that I'm a man and not an elf. And that I hate elves just as much as he does, murderers of their own friends as we have seen tonight.

Gurthang says that there ought to be a wolf in the three groups of people he divides us on. Those of us who voted Glirdan, those who voted Nonnacedak and those who voted anyone else. Well, I must say I disagree. Glirdan was acting VERY suspiciously so I would believe that the wolves, knowing he was not one of them, would want him alive. I don't think Nonnacedak did anything wrong but having odd eating habbits yet she was the runner up on the voting. Four people voted for her and I risk to say that two of those are wolves. We know who Huan was and so that leaves two out of three.

My fanged friends, we cannot go wrong! I say we pick one of those three before this night is over and we shal rid ourselves of one of those heroes!! let's teach them who rules this town while the moon is on the skies.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #104
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

cross posted with Meneltarmacil

He brings up an interesting idea, but I stick by mine... I still think we have two heroes on one bandwagon.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:36 PM   #105
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Interesting that you leave out Kitanna, Menel, who also voted for Nonna. Though this could just be a mix up, but you did forget our lady runt.

Quote:
Boromir88, due to what I think may have been repeated attempts at urging a vote for Farael from people and then finally voting, strangely, for someone else, is likely to be Hero #2.
I didn't make any attempts at voting for Farael, or trying to garner support against Farael. I merely suggested to our wolf-in-denial that if she doesn't wish to be a wolf anymore I would be more than happy to make it so.

Actually Menel, I wonder why you find my vote strange. Post 44 I, myself bring up the first accusations (serious accusations that is) against Nonna, and post 51 , hours before my vote, (and hours before Kitanna's first vote against Nonna) I said I would probably be voting for Nonnacedak. What's so strange about my vote?

I must say Meneltarmacil your reasons against me our flawed and weak. Though you already know this, but you are free to vote for who you wish, and even if I do get eaten hopefully my death will be a benefit to the village.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #106
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Crossposting with Farael.

Quote:
For the time being, I shall forgive Boromir and his discriminating act against me for not being a werewolf. I wonder what he thinks of our warg friend over there, but I hope he shall understand that I'm a man and not an elf. And that I hate elves just as much as he does, murderers of their own friends as we have seen tonight.
For now I forgive you, as I have no reason to think you a hero, even if you are in denial, hopefully if we survive this will you be chance let me show you the light and see the error of your ways?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:43 PM   #107
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Error of my ways? that we'll see.... and by the way, if you have not noticed for my facial hair, I'm a HE not a SHE
Old 12-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #108
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have just realised how I confused poor little Glirdan. I said I suspected Morm for voting first when I meant to say posting first.

I am not much clearer now on my suspects. I still suspect Mormegil though he has backed off from snarling at me. This could be because he is a true wolf who has realised the error of his ways and truly feels that I have earned my stripes or it could be because I have earned my stripes it would be it would be stupid to attack me.......

Yesterday I felt Eomer was a wolf despite being a warg... but if Mormegil were a hero their exchanges might be a clever bluff to ensure one of them survived a while.

Wayne ...... oh so random that one doesn't know what to think. I want to kill a hero but he has contributed little but confusion so far.

Kath I am inclined to think is a true wolf becasue of her eminently sensible comments. The non-vote is a concern but not sufficiently so to change my mind just now.

Oddwen - her posts have made me laugh but I must try and look past them just in case she is cleverly flying under radar..

Feel uncertain about Gurth, Formen and Boromir - maybe irrationally, just because I have observed their cunning in other skirmishes and .... well I don't know I just keep changing my mind.

I have not yet been able quite to fathom why Nonna attracted so many votes... will have another look.

I won't be able to stay much longer now but I will be able to vote tomorrow - I really don't know at this stage.

Old 12-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #109
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Boromir, I should point out that the whole 'Warg' debate goes back before any activity on this here island. I think it's only fair to point that out.

Mormegil is getting in quite a tangle and he seems set on making as many enemies as possible. Another Glirdan, perhaps?

Mithalwen, I doubt the killing of SpM was an attempt to frame you (though one does tend to place oneself at the centre of the policies of others). Had SpM survived to this, I imagine the two of you 'loudmouths' would have torn each other apart. It would have been delightful for the Elves. Why would they go and ruin that scenario? As things stand I feel that you, the Alpha Female, stand at the top of the village. Let's face it: everyone wants to trust you. You are big and important and — most importantly — rational and clear. Unlike some others hanging around this island. Like I say, I want to trust you...

Want to know who I suspect? Kitanna. An experienced 'wolf' who knows that keeping quiet is the smart thing to do. That also goes for Kath and dancing spawn who have been only slightly more vocal.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #110
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Does anyone else find a little odd that morm seems to have dropped the whole 'Nonna is practically a proven innocent' idea without so much as a word?

Changed your mind morm, or worried you might have let too much slip there?
A bit pedandic are we? Merely because I didn't mention him in my last post she jumps on me. However in the penultimate (not counting this post) I mentioned him here

Quote:
And yes I do think Nonna is innocent, so what? I find those who voted for him as suspicious. There are others I think innocent yet didn't get votes so I haven't brought it up. I find it interesting that you can't seem to drop the idea. So although I give this response to you I have little hope of you changing that obtuse mind of yours.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #111
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
I still suspect Mormegil though he has backed off from snarling at me. This could be because he is a true wolf who has realised the error of his ways and truly feels that I have earned my stripes or it could be because I have earned my stripes it would be it would be stupid to attack me.......
Remember that you are Alpha and my comment was to Kitanna the beta wolf.

OOC: Please remember that none of what I say is meant to be truly offensive to anybody
Old 12-19-2005, 03:09 PM   #112
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Funnily enough I want to trust you too..... Eomer. Unfortunately while I know you can trust me ......

I did not intend a vendetta against SpM. I respect his intelligence greatly. I think he is without doubt one of the cleverest people I have ever encountered. I only suspected him because he wasn't up to par. As has been pointed out, Huan on night one knows nothing more than the wolves. I think that is why he was inconsistent because he didn't know who he was helping. That is why it makes more sense knwing he was Huan. If he had been a hero and knew who was who I think he would have been more polished. Anyway this is a digression. Fact is whether by luck or judgement my vote was a good one.

I can be rational and I can be very instinctive. Sometimes I don't know which way to go.....and that is my problem tonight.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #113
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Sorry, Boromir. I forgot you made those posts.

Anyhow, it is still likely that a Hero is in the list of those who voted for Nonnacedak. If the plan indeed was for the Heroes to split their votes, then Nonna would indeed be a good target for those who didn't vote for the biggest bandwagon around. Suspicion of Nonna had been voiced by many, and one vote would likely bring others. Consdier this: The plan would have been for two of the Heroes to join a bandwagon, or if a second bandwagon arose, to have each one join a separate bandwagon. The other would vote for Wayne, the silent one, in an attempt to have the vote split yet be able to give a good reason for it. And I do find it interesting that after suspicion of Nonna had been voiced by many and a vote already placed, our good Saucepan Huan votes for Nonna as well, creating another bandwagon for Heroes to hide in.

Boromir88, you may have accounted for yourself thus far, but if a Hero is hiding in that bandwagon, you still may be it. Kitanna was the first to openly vote for Nonna, something that it is wise for a Hero to avoid. I am not going to let her out of my sight, though, as a Hero can always double-bluff. Saucepan is dead and was not a Hero, and I feel, as before, that he was trying to get a bandwagon rolling. Spawn and Boromir88 are the best candidates for Hero #2. Trying to decide between them is difficult.

dancing spawn of ungoliant:
--Was somewhat quiet. Possibly trying to stay under the radar.
--Voted after Kitanna, but also after Rune cast the second vote for Wayne. Cross-posted with Saucepan, so she wouldn't have known that a second bandwagon was opening.
--Did not voice much suspicion of Nonna until the post right before she voted.

Boromir88:
--Louder than spawn
--First says "Kill Kath." Then he is in favor of killing either Nonna or Farael.
--Votes for Nonnacedak after 3 votes have sufficiently established Bandwagon #2. Would have voted according to plan.

If I'm right in that the Heroes split their votes, Boromir88 may well be Hero #2. Though Kitanna and spawn may also bear watching, particularly spawn.

Nevertheless, Rune son of Bjarne is probably getting my vote this time.

Edit: Some cross-posting, plus I put too much in bold.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #114
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Remember that you are Alpha and my comment was to Kitanna the beta wolf.

OOC: Please remember that none of what I say is meant to be truly offensive to anybody
Ah but yesterday you were threatened me about learning my place when I questioned you and I was pleasantly surprised to survive the night....... so my fears are hardly allayed

Old 12-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #115
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
And yes I do think Nonna is innocent, so what?~mormegil
Well depends on how you would define innocent. Do you mean innocent as in he's an innocent wolf, or innocent as in he's an innocent elf-buddy of yours?

Quote:
Want to know who I suspect? Kitanna. An experienced 'wolf' who knows that keeping quiet is the smart thing to do. That also goes for Kath and dancing spawn who have been only slightly more vocal.~Eomer
I happen to agree with this, of all the nonsense Menel spews I do happen to agree with him that it's reasonable to assume a hero may be amongst those who voted for Nonna (whether Nonna is innocent or not). My reason for saying tha that Menel was wrong, is because he makes it seem as if my vote for Nonna was a bandwagon. When I point out the first suspicions against him, and make it pretty clear than unless someone admits they are a hero I'll be voting for Nonna (all of which were long before Kitanna's first vote for him). So, if anyone was a bandwagoning hero against Nonna, it would be Kitanna, Sauce (though he's dead now), or Spawn.

So, I think Kitanna or Spawn are possibly heroes, but I really see yet a strong reason to suspect them. I'm interested in the group that voted for Glirdan, because mathematically there's a hero in there, and also there was a big bandwagon for him in the beginning. While I think a few of them were misled wolves who believed the rhetoric against Glirdan, I would put my life on the line and say ONE hero voted for Glirdan, and that's where I'm concentrating right now.

Mith gets me worried, as no one really is suspecting her (which always worries me), but with the Saucepan thing yesterday, I think she brought up valid points that he made uncharacteristic mistakes for being The Pan Man and something wasn't right with him. (Which happened to be the case). And for that, I think Mith to be one of the more innocent looking ones of this pack.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:17 PM   #116
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Oh, and my apologies to Farael for mistaking the gender...you know how it goes, male-wolves, woman-wolves look the same to me. But seriously though, my apologies.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #117
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Boromir. I think your always comment is unfounded. Our shared skirmishing history is too brief to base that judgement on. The reason I am not a prime suspect is, I would have thought obvious. On night one I offered rational analysis and independent thought and I am the only person to have voted for a known "wrong un".

I cannot prove that I am a true wolf but, attempting to look objectively at the situation at this point, I think it would be peverse to suspect me particularly.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:26 PM   #118
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lots of noise floating around the village, but very little that strikes me as being proof, but simply more of the same directed, if half-pointless, noise that is usually generated by Night1.

Boromir88 also seems to be innocent, playing a more or less typical game. However, after two games of playing in character all game (and being innocent) he has dropped it in this game (perhaps because of EVERYBODY's Night1 RPing). It could mean he's now the enemy, or it could mean that he's simply dropped it.

Eomer seems to be innocent. He's playing a more light-hearted, casual game than usual. Not that I REALLY know his style, but he seems to be more intense as an enemy than as an innocent.

Gurthang is playing a much more cautious game than previously, which could mean a more serious role (ie. Hero or Gifted) or it could be a lesson learned.

Lhuna, as usual, appears in an odd timezone, and is thus spared the cross-examination that the rest of us have to endure. Her game seems quite normal as well, but since her normal game is suspicious (although innocent), that really doesn't say much.

Morm seems snappier than usual- and more defensive. I'm inclined to think that this is more due to the greater number of attacks on him so early in the game, but it might mean that he's the enemy...

As regards the rest of the village, although I've played with several of them, I'm unfamiliar with their styles, so I will refrain from any comments based on those. I toss these out into the village for whatever value they may have.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #119
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Hmm... the rearranging of my post to a pedantic alphabetical order has made Boromir's entry seem a little out of place. In explanation, my thoughts on him were written as an afterthought, and then copied.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:42 PM   #120
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry that i have been quiet i was out fairy hunting. Saucepanman got killed on day 2 he dosent get far in games any more it is weird that morm droped the subcect on nonidak like that he is higher on my list. Kath did not vote she is also high on my list. I will be back later to vote for one of them.