The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #1081
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I can guess a lot, but, once again, I fail to see where it's from ... *scratches head*
O, please
Old 10-20-2005, 02:36 PM   #1082
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
O yes!

Th-r- ha- ---n a -lood -n th- -all--, and -an- -a--l--- ar- ho--l---.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:53 PM   #1083
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"There has been a flood in the valley, and many families are homeless."

The Inspector to Niggle , explaining why the Emergency Service was busy elsewhere and couldn't attend to Parish's leaking roof.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:07 PM   #1084
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Bravo, Guinevere! Well done - that wasn't easy to find! You deserve your turn.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 10-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #1085
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty!

"---/, --/ -----/ ---/! ---/ ------/ -----/ ---/ ------/ --/ ------/!"

I hope this one isn't too short...
Old 10-21-2005, 09:45 AM   #1086
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's try the Rs to start off with!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #1087
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

R - but we has only one...

"---/, --/ -----/ ---/! ---/ ------/ -----/ ---/ ------/ --/ --r---/!"
Old 10-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #1088
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

OK, it was a good try for a different start - now let's get serious again and have an S, please.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #1089
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"---/, --/ s----/ s--/! ---/ -----s/ -----/ ---/ -----s/ --/ --r---/!"
Old 10-22-2005, 01:48 AM   #1090
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Never say S without T!

Ts, please
Old 10-22-2005, 09:25 AM   #1091
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"u"s, please.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #1092
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

R, S, T , no U sorry!

"---/, --/ s----/ s--/! --t/ -----s/ -----/ t--/ t----s/ --/ --r---/!"
Old 10-22-2005, 10:08 AM   #1093
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

E, please
Old 10-22-2005, 11:24 AM   #1094
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

REST (no U)

"---/, -e/ s----/ see/! -et/ t----s/ ----e/ t--/ t----s/ -e/ e-r-e-/!"

+ I added a forgotten T
Old 10-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #1095
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

L, please
Old 10-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #1096
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

REST L (no U)

"---/, -e/ s--ll/ see/! Let/ t----s/ ----e/ t-l/ t----s/ -e/ e-r-e-/!"
Old 10-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #1097
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
The thanks she took not, nor the fee,
but laughing croaked: "Nay, we shall see!
Let thanks abide till thanks be earned!"
Corrigan speaking to Aotrou, The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun
Old 10-23-2005, 06:02 AM   #1098
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Yes; well done, Esty!
Old 10-23-2005, 06:13 AM   #1099
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ready for a new one?
Quote:
------- ------ --- ------- --- ---- --- ----- ---- -- _ ------ ------- --- -----, --- - ------ --------.
(As before, the _ indicates a - in the text.)
Old 10-24-2005, 08:46 AM   #1100
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"r"s?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #1101
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

------- ------ --- ---r--- --- ---- --- ----- -r-- -- _ ------ r------ --r ---r-, --- - ------ ---r----.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:13 PM   #1102
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Are there any O's ?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:19 PM   #1103
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R O

----o-- ------ -o- ---r--- --- ---- -o- -o--- -ro- -- _ ------ r------ -or ---r-, --- - ------ -o-r----.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #1104
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

must have some T's, after all!
Old 10-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #1105
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R O T

--t-o-t t----- -o- ---r--- --- t--t -o- -o--- -ro- -- _ -----t r-----t -or ---r-, --- - --tt-- -o-rt---.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:08 PM   #1106
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

hm N perhaps ?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #1107
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ 2 Ns

--t-o-t t--n-- -o- ---rn-- --- t--t -o- -o--- -ro- -- _ -----t r-----t -or ---r-, --- - --tt-- -o-rt---.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #1108
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Perhaps S is more helpful ...
Old 10-24-2005, 02:39 PM   #1109
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ S

--t-o-t t--n-s -o- ---rn-- --- t--t -o- -o--- -ro- -- _ -----t r-s---t -or ---r-, --- - --tt-- -o-rt-s-.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:38 AM   #1110
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

The last word revealed it!

"Without thanks you learned all that you could from me - except respect for Faery, and a little courtesy."

Alf Prentice to old Nokes, shortly before revealing himself as King of Faery.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:20 AM   #1111
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Excellent, Guinevere! I'd have thought it too difficult to get yet; as always you astonish me with your uncanny ability to grasp the context of a bunch of loosely knit letters!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #1112
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

thank you for the flowers, Esty! But you're just as good or better at this!

Here comes the next one:

"--/ ----/ -/ -----/ ----/ --/ -----/ ----/ ------/, ----/ ---/ -----/ ---/ ----/. ---/ --/ -----/ -------/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ---------/."
Old 10-26-2005, 12:13 AM   #1113
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

no X-periments!

Let's start very predictably with S, please.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #1114
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"o"s, please.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #1115
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
and the n's
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #1116
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

SON

"--/ -oo-/ -/ -----/ ----/ o-/ ----s/ ----/ ---ns/, --s-/ -o-/ -----/ o-n/ s---/. ---/ --/ n----/ --o----/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ---o---n-/."
Old 10-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #1117
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T, please...
Old 10-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #1118
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

T is served

"--/ too-/ -/ ----t/ ----/ o-/ ---ns/ --t-/ -----s/, --st/ -o-/ t----/ o-n/ s---/. --t/ --/ n----/ t-o----/ t--t/ t--t/ ----/ ---/ ---o-t-nt/."
Old 10-26-2005, 02:27 PM   #1119
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Again, the last word gave it away!
Quote:
He took a great deal of pains with leaves, just for their own sake. But he never thought that that made him important.
The Second Voice, speaking of Niggle to the First Voice.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #1120
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

That's the one! Good work, Esty! (I myself wouldn't have guessed that one, for sure!)