The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2005, 12:24 AM   #961
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
N-y Ns?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #962
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
7 N's for Esty

-/ --nt/ ----/ -n-/ ----/ -n-/ --n--/ --/ ---/ -n-/ ---/ --n-/ -----n-/ ----!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #963
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Got it!
Quote:
I want fire and gold and songs of old and red wine flowing free!
I'll second the Man in the Moon's request!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #964
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Correct!

Wow! You've already found it - with only the N's and one T!!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #965
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

The Ns were a lucky choice - they showed me lots of "and"s, which was the decisive clue.

A new one:
Quote:
- ------'- -- --------- ---, - ----,' ... '--- --- ---- ----, -'- ----.'
Sounds like real life much of the time...
Old 09-09-2005, 02:16 PM   #966
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

A's please
Old 09-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #967
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A ...but we has only one...

- ------'- -- --------- ---, - ----,' ... '--- a-- ---- ----, -'- ----.'
Old 09-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #968
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

let's have the good old T's then!
Old 09-10-2005, 01:43 AM   #969
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

@

- ----t-'t t- --t-----t ---, - ----,' ... '--- a-- ---- ----, -'- ----.'
Old 09-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #970
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Very unoriginal, I know, but could you add the S's please?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:42 PM   #971
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S A T

- ----t-'t t- --t-----t ---, - ----,' ... '--- a-- ---- --s-, -'- s---.'
Old 09-11-2005, 03:09 AM   #972
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"I oughtn't to interrupt you, I know," said Parish (to Niggle) "You are very busy, I'm sure."
Old 09-11-2005, 05:15 AM   #973
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Very good, and with so few letters! You consistently astonish me, Guinevere! Pray proceed.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:01 AM   #974
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Not so astonishing: you have used this same quote before, some time ago!
So it was easier to recognize now, once I had figured out the first and last words...

"--/ ---/ -----/ --/ ----/ -------," (......) "-'--/ --/ ----/ ------/ -------/. ---/ -/ ----/ -----/ ---/ ----/ --------/ ----/ --/ ----/ ------'-/ ---/ -----/ ---/ ---/ --/ ---/ ----'-."
Old 09-12-2005, 07:08 AM   #975
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Oh dear, I must be getting old and forgetful...

Anyway, let's have some Ts, please!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #976
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"--/ ---/ -----/ --/ ---t/ -------," (......) "-'--/ --/ ----/ ------/ -------/. ---/ -/ ----/ -----/ ---/ t---/ t-------/ ----/ t-/ ----/ ------'-/ ---/ -----/ ---/ --t/ t-/ t--/ ----'-."
Old 09-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #977
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S T's request

Almost as inevitable - S, please.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #978
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"--/ ---/ -----/ --/ ---t/ ------s," (......) "-'--/ --/ ----/ ------/ -------/. ---/ -/ ----/ -----/ ---/ t--s/ t---s---/ ----/ t-/ ----/ ------'s/ ---/ ---s-/ ---/ --t/ t-/ t--/ ----'s."
Old 09-12-2005, 03:20 PM   #979
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
The return of Tuor!

"a"s, please.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:16 AM   #980
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TSA

"--/ ---/ --a--/ --/ --at/ ---a--s," (......) "-'--/ --/ ----/ ------/ -------/. A--/ -/ ----/ -a---/ a--/ t--s/ t--as---/ -a--/ t-/ ----/ ------'s/ ---/ ---s-/ a--/ --t/ t-/ t--/ ----'s."
Old 09-13-2005, 04:23 AM   #981
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #982
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TSAN

"--/ ---/ --a--/ --/ --at/ ---a-ns," (......) "-'--/ --/ ----/ ----n-/ -------/. An-/ -/ ----/ -a---/ a--/ t--s/ t--as---/ -a--/ t-/ ----/ --n---'s/ --n/ ---s-/ an-/ n-t/ t-/ t--/ --n-'s."
Old 09-13-2005, 09:18 AM   #983
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #984
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"i"s?
Old 09-13-2005, 01:58 PM   #985
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TSAN RI

"I-/ ---/ --a--/ --/ --at/ r--ains," (......) "I'--/ --/ ---r/ -ri-n-/ --r---r/. An-/ I/ -i--/ -arr-/ a--/ t--s/ tr-as-r-/ -a--/ t-/ ---r/ --n--r's/ --n/ ---s-/ an-/ n-t/ t-/ t--/ -in-'s."
Old 09-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #986
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, it's Chrysophylax speaking to Farmer Giles of Ham:
Quote:
'If you will leave me what remains,' said he very wily, 'I'll be your friend forever. And I will carry all this treasure back to your honour's own house and not to the King's. And I wil help you to keep it, what is more,' said he.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #987
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Jep, that's it.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:14 AM   #988
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Good advice?
Quote:
--- ---- -- --- --- ---'- -- - ----! (.....) --- ----- ---- --- -- --- -------. ----- -- -- ---- -- ------- ---- - --- ----; ----'-- ---- --- ----, ---- ------ ------ -- --------.
A long one, granted, but too good to cut short!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #989
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Are there any O's ?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:52 AM   #990
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O yes!

--- ---- -o --- --- -o-'- -- - -oo-! (.....) --- --o-- ---- -o- -- --- -o-----. ----- -- -o ---- -o ------- ---- - -o- ----; ----'-- ---- --- ----, ---- ------ ------ o- --------.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #991
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

and the inevitable T's if you please
Old 09-15-2005, 01:09 PM   #992
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"w"s?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:41 PM   #993
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

W O T ?

--t ---- to --- --- -o-'t -- - -oo-! (.....) --- --ow- t--t -o- -- t-- -o-----. T---- -- -o ---- to ------- w--t - -o- ----; t---'-- t--- --- t---, w--- -----t t----t o- t-------.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:01 PM   #994
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hm... N's ?
Old 09-15-2005, 02:06 PM   #995
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+n

--t ---- to --- -n- -on't -- - -oo-! (.....) -n- --own t--t -o- -n t-- -o-n-n-. T---- -- no ---- to ------- w--t - -o- ----; t---'-- t--- -n- t---, w--n -----t t---nt o- t-----n-.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #996
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"h"s, please.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:13 AM   #997
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+h

--t ---- to --- -n- -on't -- - -oo-! (.....) -n- --own th-t -o- -n th- -o-n-n-. Th--- -- no ---- to ------- wh-t - -o- ----; th--'-- t--- -n- t---, wh-n ----ht t---nt o- th----n-.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #998
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Quote:
"Get back to bed and don't be a fool!" said his wife, "And drown that dog in the morning. There is no call to believe what a dog says; they'll tell any tale, when caught truant or thiefing."
the formidable Agatha to her husband, Farmer Giles.
(The second advice she gives him is much better than that one, though! )
Old 09-16-2005, 04:12 PM   #999
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes, I agree - but these sentences tickled my fancy! You're next...
Old 09-17-2005, 09:57 AM   #1000
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thanks!
The next quote is probably not applicable today, since I am so late in posting...

"--/ -----/ ------/ ----/ -------/," (.....) "-----/ ----/ --/ ----/ --/ ---/ -/ ------/ ----/ ----."