User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #921
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks!
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #922
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tevildo: I think I'll write an answering post to yours and then put it here on the discussion thread. Then you or Pio or Child will be able to edit it in after your post.

Arry and everyone, I have nothing special planned for Athwen. I am content to continue developing her character towards being able to accept life until the story ends. Just tell me when I need to have my character's ending read.

-- Folwren
Old 05-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #923
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Posted.. hope my little use of Dorran is ok with you Tevildo.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #924
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tevildo or Pio, please put this after Tevildo's race post.

-----

POSTED TO GAME ~*~ PIO

Folwren's post

The wind from the speed brought a blush of red to Athwen’s pale cheeks, and she was blowing and grinning as she took Parith for an extra turn before facing Dorran again.

‘I default to you, my lady,’ he said. ‘You are a fine rider, and, in truth, I believe your mount would have passed mine whatever else happened at the end. I owe you a meal and will make good on my promise the best that I can. Let's walk the horses for a while to give them a breather and let the others catch up.’

‘Nay, to be sure,’ Athwen replied brightly. ‘You ran your horse well. I honestly think if she hadn’t faltered at the end and had we had equal weights, I wouldn’t have won. I’ll help you, as usual. It’s not good having empty hands anyway.’

Dorran insisted, however. He had lost, and there was no ‘ifs’ in racing. Athwen wholly disagreed and she insisted, too. He subsided with a look that may have meant ‘we’ll see about it later’ and she grinned in response.

When the others came back withing hailing distance, Dorran called to them, and the five of them gathered together. During a short rest wherein they ate some of the previously prepared food that they still carried, they discussed the morning’s ride. Nothing alarming or out of place had been spotted and things seemed safe enough to continue as before. In ten minutes they were back in the saddle and on their way.

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-10-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #925
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everything looks good to me.

Slow posters.....err, I mean slow travelling posters,

We have a challenge! Will anyone take me up on it? At the end of the post, both Leod and Dorran ask for ideas in getting Sythric over the log and the mini-bog. If Leod was thinking straight, he could probably come up with something, but right now he's too concerned about Sythric's physical condition.

If anyone has any ideas on this from the group (including Sythric), go ahead and do a single post to get us over the obstacle and on the straight and flat trail. You can probably post our entry into camp since we only have two miles to go now to catch up.

Feel free to use Leod or Dorran if you need them to help getting over/removing the obstacle. If no one picks up on this by tomorrow morning, I'll go ahead and do it myself (although I have no idea what to say).
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #926
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Brand has offered a suggestion . . . but, feel free anyone to go ahead and do something else to get the group onto the straight and flat trail and into camp.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #927
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I've just got home from our choir's season's end -concert, and saw what has happened. Nice idea this one!

Go with Brand's idea, or take Sythric's. I can't write anything right now, as I need some sleep, but I could write something in 14-16 hours from now.

Getting on horseback and then steering the horse over it, would be too much for him - as Leod has already said. But Sythric could suggest two of them helping him over. He could walk - or at least he could be "walked" over the "pond" if it's not too deep. That could possibly be the easiest and fastest way over it. Someone could then just ride over the water with the empty sledge tied to the horse, and Sythric could be re-settled to the sledge on the other side? And Leod would probably settle for those two miles before actually starting to stich Sythric - as the evening is drawing closer. Sythric at least would encourage him to wait for the camp - assuring him, that he would make a few miles.

So. I'll see tomorrow (my RL time), what's going on. If you prefer Sythric's idea, go on with the story that way (and please use Sythric as you see fit - somewhat following the lines I have described up above). I can post Sythric making the idea to this thread, from where Arry or Pio could move it f.ex. after Arry's last one. If you follow Brand's idea, go on with it. I'll post something tomorrow then... according to the situation.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #928
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sythric has proposed his idea - and is almost about to rise up from the sledge (I'm not sure, whether he would manage it by himself though).

Make your decision and go forwards. Use Sythric as you see fit, so that you don't have to wait for my possible reactions, and we can get to the nightcamp before the game is closed for awhile.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #929
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

We're all in camp. If there are any problems with how I've used people, let me know and I'll edit for the night.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:14 PM   #930
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
We're all in camp. If there are any problems with how I've used people, let me know and I'll edit for the night.
No problem with Sythric.

And WOW! Leod is beginning to "show his qualities"!

Good post Tevildo!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #931
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Save
A little cooking mishap.
What! And ruin my beautiful dinner!! Have fun doing it.

-- Folwren
Old 05-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #932
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pio

Can you put my post before the cooking mishap. Thanks in advance.

--Arry

DONE! ~*~ PIO

--------------------

Arry’s post

While the others saw to Sythric and Vaenosa, Brand urged Lady to a place on the opposite side of the fire. He was glad of the general hubbub of the camp – the settling of the wounded; the preparation of the evening meal. It drew attention away from him.

He sat for a moment in the saddle, catching his breath as he mustered the energy to dismount. His left arm was all but useless now; it was so swollen and very painful.

Lady stood stock still, sensing her owner needed what small assistance she could give. Brand loosed the cinch and let the saddle drop to the ground. He undid the buckle that held her bridle and she backed away as he held onto it, loosing it from her head.

‘Good girl!’ he said, patting her on the neck. He opened one of the small bags tied to the back of the saddle and gave her a handful of oats. ‘There’ll be plenty more once we reach the Golden Hall.’ She eyed him as if skeptically and made no comment save the crunch crunch of her teeth on the grain. Lady looked hopefully for another hand out, but when none was forthcoming, she wandered off a little to nibble on the dried tufts of grass about the edges of the camp.

Brand dragged his pack and bedroll near the fire. Unlike earlier when he felt hot, now he felt quite chilled. Pulling his cloak about him, he sat down carefully on one of his folded blankets and drew the other up over his shoulders, pulling it tight about him. His teeth were chattering despite the heat from the cook fire.

Someone handed him a mug of warm tea . . . and he mumbled out a word of thanks . . .
Old 05-12-2006, 12:43 AM   #933
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Tevildo

Meghan has called for Leod's help . . . Brand is sick.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 05-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #934
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

My save is filled.

Ugh! I knew there was a reason why I told my people I couldn't become a doctor or nurse. Here's a link that talks about how you can use honey instead of antibiotics. (Leod is no slouch as a healer.) Here.

Also, the clove oil is for real. It's supposed to be a disinfectant or something like that.

Brand better improve or he's not going anywhere tomorrow (game time, that is).
Old 05-13-2006, 01:08 AM   #935
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I deleted my save... I wanted to make a bit of a funny post of Osmod going to grab the teapot, getting distracted and holding it by the metal.... but the story progressed other ways and I think it'd be out of place. I'll try to have another post up tomorrow, anyone cares to interact with Osmod?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #936
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll be back on Thursday the 18th. The game will resume then.

Farael

There's no reason there can't be two storylines going at the same time - those who are 'unwounded' in camp could participate in your teapot incident while the 'wounded' are being cared for.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #937
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
I'll be back on Thursday the 18th. The game will resume then.

Farael

There's no reason there can't be two storylines going at the same time - those who are 'unwounded' in camp could participate in your teapot incident while the 'wounded' are being cared for.
Well, thing is that I didn't feel it'd look right... we've been so solemn in the game and the post right after my save kept on the same line of writing... maybe after things with Brand and Sythric are settled I'll have Osmod have an accident.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #938
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Well, thing is that I didn't feel it'd look right... we've been so solemn in the game and the post right after my save kept on the same line of writing... maybe after things with Brand and Sythric are settled I'll have Osmod have an accident.
Oh, but it would be fun! Please consider doing.

-- Foley
Old 05-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #939
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Hello everyone!

Well the thread is closed, but this one seems to be open still. Should we try and think of the actions following where we were stopped? So everyone might tell here, what they were thinking about and could write a post (or two?) beforehand - just letting the others know about their intentions. Then we could make a mass-posting on the 18th., with everyone having their post ready to just submit into the thread?

One of the most important things would be, whether Brand and Sythric (or Valier) are able to continue. What do you think about it? Tevildo opened the possibility of Leod staying behind with these. We might make this the second plot for the rest of the game? Maybe someone else would stay behind too? Or then we just make some miraculous healing-stuff, and ride all to Edoras...

Opinions?
Old 05-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #940
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. It's a good idea to think ahead, Nogrod, but it may not be good to think too far ahead, as Arry's gone and we can't consult him. He may come back and not like any of our ideas, if we end up coming up with some. I think he wants the group to stay together all the way to Edoras. The honey (which, really, it's true- it does bring out infection...it also helps if you put cayene pepper into it with the honey, too. . .Leod happen to have any of that stuff?) should draw out the infection and ease the pain. Brand should be able to ride again tomorrow. Not fast, or anything, but if he's got a nice horse, she can go slowly and easily and it won't be too bad on his shoulder.

Your character, Sythric, may have more trouble, with his side. But if it's bound up nicely throughout the night and again in the morning...there's a realistic chance that he'll be able to ride again.

As for Vaenosa, I'm not sure of the extent of her wound.

We can think about what to do next, but I wouldn't set things in stone, because Arry will come and cause an earthquake if he has to in order to change all your plans and tell us ours.

-- Folwren
Old 05-14-2006, 05:28 PM   #941
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Hm. It's a good idea to think ahead, Nogrod, but it may not be good to think too far ahead, as Arry's gone and we can't consult him. He may come back and not like any of our ideas, if we end up coming up with some.
Well, I was not saying, that we should rush ourselvers to Edoras or split the party without Arry's consent. I was just thinking, that we should think of our posts - and share the ideas around. And then maybe being ready to post somewhat as Arry returns.

And anyhow. If we are free to post as we wish (f.ex. myself being able to write that Sythric's wound is really bad - or not), then I can't see, how anyone could say, that that will not do... Isn't this a game of action and reaction?

But you are right. We should not rush to anything. But we could still have some discussion here about the way we are going to go forwards... Sythric's situation is looking very bad indeed: if he's just barely able to walk - when supported - in the evening, I can't quite see, how he could ride the following morning. And reading the depiction of Tevildo about Brand's condition, I think it would take another miracle for him to be able to ride either...

But we should think about these, together?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:39 PM   #942
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod

And anyhow. If we are free to post as we wish (f.ex. myself being able to write that Sythric's wound is really bad - or not), then I can't see, how anyone could say, that that will not do... Isn't this a game of action and reaction?

But we should think about these, together?
Well, you're absolutely correct on the score that each character gets to do as they will. I think, to be honest, I would be quite happy to jump at your plan for planning ahead a little bit, but I'm really in no possition to do so with my character. Athwen is going to do as she's told, which, I think, will be to ride ahead of the wounded again. She has no say in anything, nor is she wounded. I have nothing to plan.

You may want to consider what's going to happen concerning your character and then contact anyone that it effects, either by PM or here (if you did it by PM, it would be better for the game, because then no one would have any idea of what was in store until it happened. ). Or, if someone does have an idea for something that disrupts the entire camp and everyone therein, then we might talk about it here.

But, really, seriously. I'm rather skiddish about planning anything without Arry. I've learned from personal experience that he doesn't like his character being messed with much - I daren't think what he might think if he comes back and sees us plotting for his game without him. But, if you're careful and only make plans with your character (and with another player's character with their help or consent)(or use one of the non player characters, such as Fion and Vaenosa) then it would be just fine.

As I said before, I'd be much more supportive and excited to do what you're suggesting if my character had any say in anything at all.

-- Folwren
Old 05-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #943
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, Osmod's future is rather set as well... he'll grab the wrong thing and will have to ask Leod for a little help ... but once that is done, he'll go to bed, keep on pondering his thoughts, wake up the following morning and scout ahead. Of course, I'm up for having him interact with someone else if others feel like it, but I don't want to plan that too much either, unless it's something big. I say we all take a nice break, get our Real Life sorted out as much as possible so that once Arry is back we can game on with as little trouble as possible.

Of course, if anyone wants to plan ahead I'm no-one to say no... and I might just join if it seems that Osmod would have a say on whatever is being planned.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #944
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well I guess you both have voiced the same problem that I face.

Sythric is very bad. I would like to have some ideas, what's coming next to decide on my next posts. If we will all go forwards, I need to come up with some miraculous healing-stuff, but if not, then what shall we do? Just at the moment I just can't write about anything, as I can't refer to the state Sythric is in (being really bad or somehow getting better).

And Athwen: I agree with you. I had no idea of "plotting" things behind Arry's back. None whatsoever. I was merely thinking of us having the camp here - and maybe discussing about the possible futures. Maybe our characters might come up with something? But then again, at least Sythric's posts would require some knowledge aboutr his future condition...
Old 05-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #945
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

With Arry gone (in real life), I took a vacation for a day or two, but I wanted to add something about my original post, since it's stirred up discussion on "splitting the group". When I mentioned Brand was pretty sick, and that the medicine might or might not work quickly, I was assuming that Arry would make that decision for his character when he returns.

Nogrod - As far as Sythric goes, Leod was thinking of him only in a secondary way when I wrote that post. We could always do some improvements on the sledge and continue on much as we did before. That would mean Sythric was about the same. I do think you could make an argument that the best thing for Sythric would be to get to Edoras so he would have all the medicines and such. I also suppose it is possible that Sythric could possibly improve enough to sit a horse at a slow walk?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:11 AM   #946
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, I'm back!

Let's spend a couple of game days recuperating where we are at present.

Farael can work in his idea - 'Athwen' and 'Dorran' can certainly be in on the bit of fun. Use 'Fion' too if you need to.

Nogrod - a post about just how bad Sythric believes himself to be at present, and where his chief hurts now lie and how they are making him feel, etc., would be good. And has he ever been wounded this badly before? Does he feel that his 'older' body is just not healing as it did before.

Brand is pretty much out of it at the moment - and if Undómë wishes, she can continue to nursemaid him, or take part in Farael's caper.

Last edited by Arry; 05-18-2006 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:20 AM   #947
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Well, poor Brand is probably in a coma by now trying to escape Meghan's chatterings.

I'd be up for a little comic relief at the expense of Osmod!

~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 05-18-2006, 05:49 AM   #948
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Well, I'm back!

Nogrod - a post about just how bad Sythric believes himself to be at present, and where his chief hurts now lie and how they are making him feel, etc., would be good. And has he ever been wounded this badly before? Does he feel that his 'older' body is just not healing as it did before.
Good to see you back!

I'll try to have something for Sythric later today - about the topics you suggested...
Old 05-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #949
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
I'd be up for a little comic relief at the expense of Osmod!

~ U
No, we will be laughing WITH him, not AT him, right? right?
I'll try to write the post up this afternoon.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #950
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I see the thread is still closed, but as I have now written the post, I will put it here below (I will be away for three days from tomorrow).

So Arry / Pio: if you put it into the thread, you should see, whether it would be better placed before Undómë's post (#385), as it ends in the situation where Leod rushes to see for Brand... that is, before things happening in Undómë's post.

PS. It's a bit grim one in the end, but Sythric might as well be wrong with his analysis of the situation: you know it, that when you are very ill, you tend to look at things more gloomily than as when you are perfectly alright...

-------------------------

POST PLACED ON GAME ~*~ PIO

post removed from here... - Nogrod

Last edited by Nogrod; 05-18-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:48 AM   #951
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Hmmmm . . . well, it's open now

I thought I had done it yesterday, but apparently picked the wrong button on my table of choices.

. . . must clean bifocals . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 05-18-2006, 12:36 PM   #952
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Hmmmm . . . well, it's open now

I thought I had done it yesterday, but apparently picked the wrong button on my table of choices.

. . . must clean bifocals . . .

~*~ Pio
These happen. And as I think my post is now in the right place, it would have required you to put it in anyhow...

Thanks.

Let's make the story go on everyone!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #953
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Tevildo!

You are making it really beautifully now! Just love your writing - and taking charge of things as so many others have dropped out (in-game or out-game)! Great work!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:51 AM   #954
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Tevildo

Meghan has gone off to fetch whatever supplies Leod will need to deal with Osmod's burned hand.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #955
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Undómë - I used Meghan a little in my post as we discussed. Will edit as needed.

-- Arry
Old 05-22-2006, 12:49 AM   #956
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

OK, Child, I did it.....

He's all yours (but please be careful with him!)

Tevildo
Old 05-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #957
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Greetings, one and all! I apologize for not having posted in so long. I've been gone the past couple days, but there were several before that when I could have posted, but didn't, because I didn't have any ideas to use. I'm here to say now that I'll probably be able to write a post after Child fills in her save.

How late is it now in the camp, by the way?

-- Folwren
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #958
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Post up. So glad to be joining you again..... (begins sharpening a sword )

I believe it is "nightime"....some may still be awake, but others are asleep.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #959
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Post up. So glad to be joining you again..... (begins sharpening a sword )
Oh my! Quite a sarcastic way to end the game...

But even if this is just going to be a new twist to this story, it is a great idea. Kudos to anyone whoever got it!

But let's see. We can't win you in a fight if the elvenfolk will stick to their "ask questions later" -principles. But maybe we have some smooth-tongued people in here to try to avoid the disaster... if they are ever given a chance.

This looks promising!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #960
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
But let's see. We can't win you in a fight if the elvenfolk will stick to their "ask questions later" -principles. But maybe we have some smooth-tongued people in here to try to avoid the disaster... if they are ever given a chance.
P'raps the sight of a frightened, little girl will soften their hearts if they decide to attack the camp. Not to mention that half of our members are so wounded they can't lift their own limbs, much less a weapon.

I got a post up, by the way. I could hardly think of anything. Farael, Athwen's addressed Osmod.

-- Folwren