Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #761
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Tevildo

I had Pio place a post at the end of Child's post - Meghan tries to help out Dorran, if only a little . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-21-2006, 03:12 AM   #762
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Easterlings killed tally: 7 out of 16

Brand - 2

Sythric - 1

Osmod - 1

Rædwald - 3

So, that leaves 10 of us and 9 Easterlings still alive
Old 04-21-2006, 08:21 AM   #763
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Great post Folwren!

But Sythric probably isn't lying down, half dead... He has been hit with a sword (from up to down) to the side - and he has a nasty slash-wound (and it hurts!). But as he discovers Raedwald dead, he will be infuriated, and will ride up to the ridge, seeking for revenge - and saving of the others - calling anyone able to come with him (he takes Raed's lance to pay back).

If you care to change your post with that in view? You could write anything about seeing Sythric running to see Raed., getting quite shocked for a moment, taking Raed's lance and calling Thydrë - asking all to come with him. You might also note, that he seems to be in great pains himself all the time, and bleeding from his side... Pick what you want from these - or don't use them. As you wish.

Could it overall be then, that:

By Dorran's cry, all the easterlings remaining should be riding towards the ridge - as their lord is doing - and they should follow him? It could be reasonable?

Then someone should remain with Brand (and Raed, already dead) - maybe Athwen? The others - those who dare (are online... ), should ride after the easterlings (we probably note Dorran and Athwen missing - and see the problem?)?

And a possible correction to Arry's tally: hasn't Meghan shot one easterling? So 1 added?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #764
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Great post Folwren!

But Sythric probably isn't lying down, half dead... He has been hit with a sword (from up to down) to the side - and he has a nasty slash-wound (and it hurts!). But as he discovers Raedwald dead, he will be infuriated, and will ride up to the ridge, seeking for revenge - and saving of the others - calling anyone able to come with him (he takes Raed's lance to pay back).

If you care to change your post with that in view? You could write anything about seeing Sythric running to see Raed., getting quite shocked for a moment, taking Raed's lance and calling Thydrë - asking all to come with him. You might also note, that he seems to be in great pains himself all the time, and bleeding from his side... Pick what you want from these - or don't use them. As you wish.
Okay, I knew that he was wounded pretty badly, but I wasn't sure where he was or what he was doing. I'll change that as soon as possible. But I can't get to it now. I have lots and lots of work to do yet today before I write anything more. I will, however, fix it later today.

Edit: I moved my post below your save, Nogrod, because it appeared that your post should go before mine. Hope no one minds.

Still haven't actually corrected it.

Edit #2: Okay, I've fixed it. Does that look alright?

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 04-21-2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #765
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have put up a save and will fill it sometime today. I will have Vaenosa kill or wound four Easterlings before she succomes to a wound. That should leave five left I think for Incana and Eostre to deal with since I think they are the only ones not to have surfaced yet....I could be mistaken though , The Game is going so fast now Sounds great so far, but I wonder ... Leod may have a busy time if we are all injured eh? Hope he won't mind!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #766
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Meghan shot at an Easterling and drove him off, but it wasn't a killing shot.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #767
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Valier and everyone,

Please don't kill all the Easterlings. I asked earlier that their Lord be left alive. Let him escape with one or two companions. This is more realistic, given the odds at the beginning.

I don't mind if you give my main character a thrashing and wound him, but leave him well enough to slip away into the woods with a few companions. ( I'll do that part later.) Remember he is one of Sauron's appointed generals. This guy is no light weight.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #768
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So that makes it....

Easterlings killed tally: 7 out of 16

Brand - 2

Sythric - 1

Osmod - 1

Rædwald - 3

Meghan - 1?

Vaenosa - 4?

Dorran - Aidhil (sp?)
So there are a few uninjured ones and a bunch of injured ones left.......What to do?.....

Edit: Cross posted with Child

Ok so we can leave the ones left and start to rally together all of us left standing.

Last edited by Valier; 04-21-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #769
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
HELP! I know you guys are notching numbers on your belt, but don't forget about the hilltop. Meghan and Dorran are about to be made toast by the Lord of the Easterlings. Either Meghan needs to do something productive or someone needs to help us out. Dorran is pretty spaced out at this point.

I'll get Leod out working shortly on injuries once the baddies have skipped town.

p.s. Hey, as long as we're notching numbers, don't forget that Dorran killed Aliharmi.

Shuoldn't the scorecard look like this:

Easterlings killed tally: 12 out of 16

Brand - 2

Sythric - 1

Osmod - 1

Rædwald - 3

Dorran - 1

Vaenosa - 4 (still to post)
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 04-21-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #770
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

No problem Telvido! I can have Vaenosa spot you guys on the hill and "race" to your aid with some arrows (hopefully none hitting you, just the baddies) Before an injured Easterling gives her a stab from behind with a spear. Does this work? Can you work with this, or should I do something different?
Old 04-21-2006, 12:11 PM   #771
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Anything! Just get this guy off my back.

Don't know though if Meghan wants to do something on her own or if she's alert enough to do so.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #772
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telvido
Anything! Just get this guy off my back.
Can do!! I will fill my save shortly.....Please continue on if you have time, just have the Easterling shot and Vaenosa fallen from Nay, injured. That should help a wee bit I hope.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #773
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Meghan is knocked out at present. she already tried to help Tevildo by stabbing the Easterling in the back of the knee with her knitting needles - for which she gat backhanded by the surly fellow and sent flying across the ground.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #774
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Valier, you may want to consider taking your character directly up the hill with Sythric. Since we're pretty much past writing about hte first shock of the attack, it might be more beneficial for you to just start where we are - have Vaenosa have warded off a few Easterlings and then gallop up towards the top of the hill and there kill her fill of men.

------

Athwen killed one man, but she won't be killing any more.

-- Folwren
Old 04-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #775
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Valier, you may want to consider taking your character directly up the hill with Sythric.
I agree. Vaenosa could be the one Sythric spots near him and asks to come with him, up the hill - maybe Osmod too? We could have at least a party of three to make the rescue-mission / follow-up attack. Naria: would Incana join? I still have my post unwritten, and could add it there too?

And really Valier: Vaenosa killing four just like that? She seems to be the superwoman? Take one down, take even two, but four...
Old 04-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #776
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok I was posting while you guys wrote here. I only killed? two, well Nay did and I guess the shot towards the Easterling attacking Dorran can hit or not, I left it open...Also I had her see Sythric, but she fends off the two that were off to the right. Then without looking anywere else she attempts to climb the hill...read it and let me know if I should change anything.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #777
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Valier...you haven't...just killed Vaenosa, have you?

-Folwren
Old 04-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #778
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Nope! It didn't go too deep as the Easterling that stabbed her was dying. She's just passed out.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #779
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

There will be some work for Leod after this one is over...

But Valier: it might be more believable, if you went uphill riding Nay. It seems, that it's no small hill (but not high either) we're talking about. Otherwise Sythric - and possibly Osmod, Incana,... would have reached it much earlier than Vaenosa, and the situation might be a bit different?
Old 04-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #780
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well she never made it up the hill if that makes a difference.....I figured you would be perhaps half way up. Nay was fairly quick in his attack and took off. If it really is that unbelieveable I can change it, but I would have to change a fair bit of it. Could we not perhaps make as if you others are just reaching the top as my last arrow flies? Then someone can fill in the part about if it hits or not. It may not and you others will have to pull the Easterling off Dorran.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #781
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Well she never made it up the hill if that makes a difference.....I figured you would be perhaps half way up. Nay was fairly quick in his attack and took off. If it really is that unbelieveable I can change it, but I would have to change a fair bit of it. Could we not perhaps make as if you others are just reaching the top as my last arrow flies? Then someone can fill in the part about if it hits or not. It may not and you others will have to pull the Easterling off Dorran.
If she never gets there, and just fires her bow from a good distance away, getting stabbed from behind by an easterling that is following his masters trail - then it should be ok.?

I guess it is Child's issue to decide, whether the arrow hits or misses?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #782
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod

If she never gets there, and just fires her bow from a good distance away, getting stabbed from behind by an easterling that is following his masters trail - then it should be ok.?

My thoughts exactly!

We'll have to see about the arrow.......
Old 04-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #783
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Valier: Check my post. Does that kind of thing satisfy you? The dead easterling banged on you - it might be him - or his spear - or anything, that hits Vaenosa's back and eventually lends her unconscious...

Others should come along with these last moments! Sythric anyhow, wouldn't handle much anymore.

PS. Note to the tally: one more easterling dead by Athwen, and one by Sythric... We're getting professionals?

PS2: Filled my earlier save too...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-22-2006 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #784
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Child!

Just a note - hopefully not wit-picking - but Sythric has "toughened leather breast-armour" on (mentioned on the start of the thread), so it would not be like you say:
Quote:
his blade cut the edge of Sythric's shirt and sliced into the flesh below, leaving a trail of blood along the man's side.
Sythric surely is wounded, and badly - the lord Calimehtar probably had just hard and sharp blade enough, that it cut into the toughened leather plate. That would be believable - from close range.

But anyhow: Sythric is coming after you! The problem being, that he seems to be fainting in any moment from the loss of blood and shock, as these are only now getting the upper hand of him... Maybe some fury can be still evoked, maybe not.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:26 PM   #785
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Does anyone know where/what Leod is doing? I would like to get my post up right away and wanted to include him in my post since we seem to be the only ones not doing anything right now. I will hold off on my post for a little while longer to see if any one can enlighten me. Thanks
Old 04-22-2006, 01:33 AM   #786
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, good news? I've decided to stick 'till the end. From what I understand the game is on it's last lap (ish) and things seem to be clearing up at my end a little bit.

More good news? (I don't see exactly how they'd be bad news, specially for the wounded) Osmod will stay back and tend the wounded. Dorran is already uphill, Sythric is going there, Meghan is out but she is there as well and Fion could be there if Maeggaladiel comes back any time soon. It should be enough to give Child's character a reason to leave without having him trapped and I think we are leaving too many wounded bodies behind. Osmod will escape relatively unscratched, as we can't have everyone sporting rather bad wounds.

Tevildo, we can coordinate for Osmod and Leod to work together. I'm guessing we could have them fight off one last assailant (as they wouldn't have been standing there and doing nothing up until the Easterlings started retreating) and then stop and help their friends rather than go after them. Osmod has no medical knowledge so if Leod wants to give him some advice it'd be much appreciated.

I think that's all I wanted to say... I'm off to bed now but I will be back tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: I forgot about Incana (Sorry Naria!!) maybe Osmod could charge uphill but I think it would be more in character for him not to. Unless those of you going uphill think that your characters wouldn't be able to do it by yourselves, I'll have Osmod stay put.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #787
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Child

I've left it open whether Brand's cudgel will connect with your Easterling lord.

Feel free to decide that - Brand is quite weak and may miss you altogether or give you a glancing blow at your discretion . . .
Old 04-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #788
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

We might have here some co-operation! Sythric's only goal would be Calimehtar, and Brand - even making his resurrection in some miraculous way, could not be getting up at the same pace as Syrthric would - as he started up first... Protecting Vaenosa could have taken some time from Sythric, but still? Well Arry has written Brand to take on Calimehtar...

It might have some poetic justice, that Sythric would come after Brand's blow, and kind of finish off Calimehtar... - blowing him off the saddle - just after Brand's blow, just making it very bad from his (Calimehtar's) point of view? But as he should be be left alive - and get a way, we should leave him get a horse and beat it...

I guess we need to see Child's post to figure out this scene to the end...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-22-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #789
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Arry,

Feel free to connect and give him a real injury but one that he can eventually recover from......
Old 04-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #790
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

It would be fine to have Osmod, Incana, and Leod work on the sick together. Feel free to use Leod sparingly in your posts to set this up. I won't be posting till late tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:53 AM   #791
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod

I only resurrected poor Brand because no one else was going up the hill to help you. That, and the fact that at the end of your last post you said:

Quote:
He approached the top of the hill, barely conscious . . .
I'll just write a little something where Brand deals him a blow that only infuriates him, not really harms him. Then why don't you you have Sythric deal him a harder blow as Child mentioned Arry could give him.

Sound OK?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:30 AM   #792
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Nogrod

I only resurrected poor Brand because no one else was going up the hill to help you. That, and the fact that at the end of your last post you said:
Then why don't you you have Sythric deal him a harder blow as Child mentioned Arry could give him.

Sound OK?
I see your point, and it's a good one. Brand and Sythric seem to be the two fools going after all the remaining easterlings with just rage in mind...

Happily we have been so efficient earlier...

Let's see about the blows. I'll try to take time to write something later today (it's noon here now, and I'm hurrying to choir-trainings), but I guess, Sythric will end up lying on the ground somewhere...
Old 04-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #793
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just to inform everyone. My possibilities to contribute text in the following two days seem thin (I'll try, but can't promise). So don't wait for Sythric to deal any hits that would be important, looking at the plot.

If the story goes forwads in two days, I'm happy just to let Sythric drop from his horse or something...

But it would be nice to have some company helping Dorran and Meghan (so now: Sythric, Brand and Vaenosa?).
Old 04-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #794
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Ok.

I'm writing a short post (I've made a save already). Sythric comes to the top of the hill and has to pause. He sees Brand rush in and only then notices the situation... tries to do, what he can (I was first thinking, that he should be so weak that he would drop off from his horse, but now as Brand has fallen too, I think it would be somewhat funny, if we all drop off our mounts, one by one - on the hilltop, where there should be a couple of easterlings still alive). I'll come up with something, but don't hesitate to put things forwards - I can adjust my post to yours.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #795
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
How about we let the Easterlings escape? we don't need to kill them all, and they can't tell exactly how wounded most of us are. So perhaps Child would like her captain to call for a strategic retreat and then we'll have to deal with having the easterlings prowling on the shadows!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #796
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I think it would be good if the Easterlings retreated. Most of us are injured and need help. We could leave a space for a save if anyone wants to add anything to the battle, I think Naria has yet to post and I know there are a few people who may want to add stuff as well.

P.S.- That is if Child desires to leave us just yet.....
Old 04-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #797
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Meghan has rallied and injured Calimehtar - he most likely can't walk on his left leg at the moment; what with her knitting needle lodged in his leg just behind the kneecap and the fact she's given him a hard kick to boot. Perhaps he will call a retreat from this rabid pack of Rohirrim.

She's getting Lady, Brand's horse, and will take Brand and Dorran down the hill with her.

Tevildo - Meghan's asked Dorran to use his sling while she gets the horse.

And Arry - I think old Brand will have to rally a little - I don't know how Meghan and Dorran can pull him up on the horse if he doesn't.

Nogrod - perhaps Sythric can slump on his horse and get down the hill, too.

Last edited by Undómë; 04-23-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #798
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Go ahead and have Brand pull himself together enough to get back on Lady with a little assist . . .
Old 04-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #799
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
Nogrod - perhaps Sythric can slump on his horse and get down the hill, too.
Maybe Thydrë will do that? I just have made a post (in handwriting) where Sythric sees Brand's attack and goes after him. (I'll slip in a note about Meghan). I just came up with a nice manouver, and would like to include it to the story. Basically, Calimehtar is now also thrown with a knife - and hit. Child should decide, where exactly it hit, and how badly. Sythric is now passing out, but Thydrë will carry him somewhere.

Takes some ½ hour to actually post...

PS. I do agree, that retreating would be a good idea for those remaining easterlings. We have written us into so bad condition, that I don't think we would be a match to them anymore...
Old 04-23-2006, 02:48 PM   #800
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

NB.

I have changed my save to be after Undómë's. It makes better sense that way.