Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #721
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Glad you made Vaenosa a scout again! She would prefer that! Please carry on with her Nogrod if you need to, but she would not be too happy about your praise and or instructions....Please just make her fairly silent, with an occasional word...Oh don't forget the looks she likes to give. I'll be back in full swing really soon! 1 exam down, 2 to go!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #722
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
POST PLACED ~*~ Pio

Pio -

Please place this post in Nogrod's space:

‘I’ve upped my estimation of Brand,’ Rædwald said as the two men secured the tarps to the trees. ‘He’s not a military man, doesn’t think in those terms from what I can see. He’s a good, solid fellow, though, who listens to what his folk have to say, and takes their opinions into account.’ He tightened a knot round a branch and chafed his hands together to bring back a little warmth to them.

‘He’s got a good head on his shoulders and an admirable sense of responsibility for what tasks he takes on. And I think that’s how he sees this ride to Edoras. As a task he’s taken on for his village’s lord, and by extension for the village itself. He has a strong sense of family, too. His first loyalty, I think is to them and then to his village. Now that’s not to say he has no respect for the King. He does seem to in his own way.’ Rædwald looked into the distance, his face thoughtful. He’s a good man, one who would do right by you. And I think that’s why the others follow him . . . not because he wants to be leader . . .’

‘And Osmod, well I’m not sure what’s going through his mind. I think the ransacked village and the unfortunate injury to Fion has put him in a reflective mood. Both these young men . . . Brand and Osmod . . . they’re just farmers and ordinary villagers at heart. That’s where their real strength lies in the husbanding of land and flock and crop . . . not in the awful, foul business of war and slaughter and grim deeds.’

He took a breath and waved at the approaching group. ‘I wouldn’t want to push him . . . Osmod, that is. If he wishes, he can come to me with his concerns, in his own way and at his own time. It’s the consideration I’d give any man.’
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #723
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Btw. Arry

If the action coming on us will take place as we ride, should either of our scouts (whoever they will be) have some idea about what is going to happen? And should they react?

I have written in my post, that Sythric will accept the post during the afternoon also, but would be as happy riding with the main group. That kind of means, that as I have already posted a scout-post, I would be ready and willing to give that part to someone else. If no-one wants it, I can make Sythric take it (Vaenosa seems to be our other scout). But as Sythric is an experienced scout, he should not be taken totally unawares...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea where or when the 'action' will occur . . . or what it will be. And it may come from behind the group. We'll just have to wait and see . . . or maybe it will be as we set up our camp . . . Just don't know . . .

Old 04-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #724
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Glad you made Vaenosa a scout again! She would prefer that! Please carry on with her Nogrod if you need to, but she would not be too happy about your praise and or instructions....Please just make her fairly silent, with an occasional word...Oh don't forget the looks she likes to give. I'll be back in full swing really soon! 1 exam down, 2 to go!
I know she won't be happy with the praise - or the instructions! That's part of the fun here, I think...

But Sythric tries to make contact with her, and is overall a bit concerned about these people going to scout without any knowledge about, what they should do, or how to do it.

Hopefully I used her carefully enough the last time? First I thought writing Sythric thinking, that she seemed not to be very enthusiastic about them two being alone by the hillock, and that's why he started to show those orc-tracks, to fill the time... Just had quite much of writing today, and thence left it out.

Quote:
Arry
I have no idea where or when the 'action' will occur . . . or what it will be. And it may come from behind the group. We'll just have to wait and see . . .
Understood. Looking forward to it...
Old 04-18-2006, 01:45 PM   #725
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Everything you wrote concerning Vaenosa was just fine Nogrod and yep I agree about the fun!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #726
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

POST PLACED ~*~ Pio

Pio

Can you put this in Arry's SAVE please:

‘That lifts my spirits . . . the news about Croacht. Though at the same time, I think that it will be hit hard once the bigger battles begin and that Dark Lord in Mordor pushes west.’

Rædwald threw the leg bone from the chicken he’d been eating into the fire, watching what little fat was left on it blaze up around the knob ends. ‘I think Sythric, is right in his little lesson on scouting. I know most of you who tend flocks have some experience with it . . . though your enemy would be of the four legged variety, and less likely to be as stealthy as some of the two legged sort.’

He nodded at Sythric, saying, ‘I think it might be best if you stay on as one of the scouts. Perhaps Osmod and Brand and I can take up the rear position, and be on alert for problems following us.’

Rædwald’s eyes flicked round the circle; some were uneasy at his words and glanced over there shoulders as if to make sure no danger lay behind . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-18-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:08 AM   #727
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Good evening, fellow RPGers. I have been reading your fine story from afar and am very glad to join it, if one for a short while. It appears I have seized one of the women by the hair and am attempting to yank her off her horse and drag her back to where the nasty guards wait. Who this woman is....I do not know. Nor do I know whether I will succeed. Perhaps you can tell me.

Oh, yes. I have taken the liberty of pushing forward time and distance for a bit. You are coming in to your chosen campsite. It is late afternoon and the sun is just setting.

Here are the rules for our little combat.

1. No one may kill Lord Calimehtar. You can beat up on him, but leave him live to struggle off the battlefield.

2. Remember these Easterling guys are experienced raiders. They will not make it easy. You can't just poke out your blade and kill them. Even if you prevail, make it sound hard!

3. Feel free to invent imaginery Easterlings to fight and include their actions in your posts. I will continue to post during the battle both as the Lord and his followers, and may pop up at unusual times. But since I'm only one person and there are lots of you, I can't do it all!

4. Last but not least...have fun.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:37 AM   #728
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A nice tone in the attack! So looking very good indeed.

But just two questions that bother me a bit (I would like to know, whether I have misunderstood something).

Easterlings hiding on the "far side" would mean the west side of the hill? That sounds quite reasonable. But as our scouts have come there first, it would have been very stupid from them indeed, not to have rode around the hill anyway - or at least have checked the top of the hill (where this Alinarmi & those easterlings that will be coming down the hill would be waiting?). And if they have been caught (who should they be then?), the party would be very alarmed as approaching the hill and seeing no sign of their friends.

Another thing: if they are to encircle us, how could they do it without us noticing it? Those spreading to our flanks and back could not hide themselves all the time as they move to their positions? And if they would have settled to their places prior to us coming to the foot of the hill, then shouldn't the scouts have noticed something - as their duty is to check all the suspicious places around the path?

All this is of course something to be lived up with quite easily - and I might have partly misinterpreted the post, or just not noticed something obvious (and my broken english might be a cause too).

I guess we just have to forget this scout thing, and just assume, that the encirclement was succesful. But if there is an explanation I haven't seen, please inform me anyone: it would make playing forwads - at least later on - easier (as we could for instance start jumping on each others throats about what went wrong!).

For Rohan!

PS. I'll leave a save with a short description in the thread. It will be filled later today (have some work to do first)
Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #729
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
First off: Pio, please put this is Arry's considerate save that is turning out to containing several posts after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

POST PLACED ~*~ Pio

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second...the battle...fun stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Good evening, fellow RPGers. I have been reading your fine story from afar and am very glad to join it, if one for a short while. It appears I have seized one of the women by the hair and am attempting to yank her off her horse and drag her back to where the nasty guards wait. Who this woman is....I do not know. Nor do I know whether I will succeed. Perhaps you can tell me.

Here are the rules for our little combat.

1. No one may kill Lord Calimehtar. You can beat up on him, but leave him live to struggle off the battlefield.

2. Remember these Easterling guys are experienced raiders. They will not make it easy. You can't just poke out your blade and kill them. Even if you prevail, make it sound hard!
Athwen can be the one he's got by the hair, if you like. She's a fairly good horsemen herself, actually, so maybe he won't be able to quite drag her off her horse as easily as he would like. However, she's probably not much of a fighter, which might explain why she was such an easy, unrestisting target to just ride up to.

I have a few questions myself.

How many Easterlings are there? The reason I ask this is because I'm wondering how much chance we Wulfhamers and Bregowarians really have in surviving.

And is Lord Calimehtar the chap who's got said girl by the hair?

Also - other girl RPers - if you want your character to be the one with the annoying Easterling clingining to her hair, say so. Athwen does not have to be her. I had something else in mind, actually, for the writing of this battle, and if someone else has an idea springing up into her head about what her character is going to do under such circumstances, take it away with you, because I'm not going to think about it until I sit down to write the post.

-- Folwren

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-19-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #730
Child of the 7th Age

Nogrod,

You raise some good points. I do think there is a lot of scrub vegetation thick enough to provide some cover. But if you want to have some of the attackers or Alinarmi discovered, I certainly won't stop you!

The attackers would not have know all the ins and outs of you folk, including the scouts (much as mush brain Child managed to miss these points ). it is perfectly legitimate for someone to have nabbed one or more of our party.

Heck, if you (or someone else) wants to capture and question Alinarmi in this post or another, maybe you can get some information out of him (it won't be easy) that might be useful for the King of Rohan in combatting the hoarde of Easterlings and Orcs that are now pouring into his realm.

Child
Old 04-19-2006, 10:43 AM   #731
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

hhhmmmmm Just checking in and it sounds great!!!! I am unsure where Vaenosa would be in this battle yet, because she was scouting ahead. But I think whoever was at the back of the group should be the one with their hair yanked....female I mean..... I will be back later after my exam and will begin to put a post together.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #732
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Heck, if you (or someone else) wants to capture and question Alinarmi in this post or another, maybe you can get some information out of him (it won't be easy) that might be useful for the King of Rohan in combatting the hoarde of Easterlings and Orcs that are now pouring into his realm.

Child
I don't think there'd be time for that. Not if the rest of the group is under attack and being slaughtered, or, in the girls' cases, being dragged off. (yick)

-- Folwren
Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #733
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I don't think there'd be time for that. Not if the rest of the group is under attack and being slaughtered, or, in the girls' cases, being dragged off. (yick)
I agree. It would take some time to go through that kind of twists in the overall plot - but maybe after the fight, we could have a prisoner or two?

But that brings me to the question of numbers, posed by Folwren. They shouldn't be under ten, I suppose, but twenty would be just a massacre... If this would be somewhat realistic, I guess they should be less in numbers than us for us to be able to put up a good fight (or win...), but then again, that would be quite bad from the storytelling point of view.

So maybe something between 12-16 (?) - and we as superheroes killing and driving away professional soldiers.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #734
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Alright!! And again, welcome Child! =)

First off, for the battle scene's sake, I was wondering two things. If Athwen is the one that was grabbed by the hair, Folwren and I have an understanding that Osmod will help her. If it's another girl, would you mind Osmod smacking the Easterling away? (I understand that some of you may not want your characters to be all sissy and scared and needing help).

Second, and still talking about the battle scene, I was wondering if perhaps Osmod, Raewald and Brand would go to protect the ladies first (Raewald and Brand have some interest on Mhegan) while Sythric, Fion and Dorran launch a bit of a counter-attack. Vaenosa and Eostre are a bit of a wild card in my scenario and can either choose to be with the other girls or go ahead and chop some Easterling heads.

I don't know what plans Undome has for Raewald, but if Osmod is to die I'd like him to die while defending the women... and even if he's not, that's what he would do. Plus, it's expectable that whoever is in between the women and the Easterlings will be facing the blunt of the attack and probably suffering the most casualties.

And finally on Osmod's death. I must say that I have some selfish reasons to stay in the game, appart from actually enjoying writing with you all. While there will be other chances for cooperative writing, I want to own a game after OtF is done (and possibly after a little while so I'm not jumping from one game to another) and Pio asked me to stick around this game until the end if I wanted to be able to own a new one.

I can promise you that while I'm here I'll do my best to post well and as often as necessary, but the key part is "I will do my best". There may be times when I'll be able to post well and often, there may be times when I will have time to post but not the right mindset to post well and there will be times when I'll have neither. If you don't mind that from time to time you may have to carry Osmod along a little bit with little or no help from me, I'd like to stay in the game. If you all think that Osmod may become a bit of a distraction and a burden to carry rather than a character to enjoy, he'll have a brave and honorable death. I promise no hard feelings if you think it'd be best to part ways, I can understand that.

Having said that, I await your answers with regards to the battle (and Osmod as well). I have a post cooking up but I need to see what we are doing first.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #735
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Second, and still talking about the battle scene, I was wondering if perhaps Osmod, Raewald and Brand would go to protect the ladies first (Raewald and Brand have some interest on Mhegan) while Sythric, Fion and Dorran launch a bit of a counter-attack.
This should be discussed. I have something quite ready in paper already, but can change it. I was thinking of Sythric asking for Brand to join an onrush against those easterlings that come rumbling downwards, and thence are the most dangerous, as they have both momentum and the height advance. Sythric wouldn't ask for Dorran or Fion (injured!) to that kind of job!

As my text is now, I have written, that Sythric didn't know, whether Brand was coming with him or not. So that's of course up to Arry...

Sythric has called everyone to form a circle as the rain of arrows ended. It's in everybody's hands, whether to think it a good idea (which it is) or not. S's idea is, that S, Raed, Brand and maybe Osm (in my post it's only S addressing Brand - S thinks, Raed has judgement enough on his own - and Osm is not to be seen near him)would try to distract the attackers by counterattacking them all over and not letting them to assault the ladies or younger men so fiercely...
Old 04-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #736
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, I have posted a post before you filled your save, but I've done so with your save in mind. I believe I have written it so that whatever you have the characters do in some defense mode, it's alright. With Parith spooking like he did, rushing out away from the others, and then coming back in, that puts Athwen outside the circle made in defence, giving Child's character someone to latch onto, so to speak. When he returns to the group, I mentioned that they were facing around. Whether they're making a circle is left to the other RPers. If you were planning anything else in your post that affects my character and that I didn't do. . .let me know and I'll consider changing.

Farael, as you're going to be wanting Osmod to defend Athwen, keep in mind that the couple, considerably long paragraphs that I wrote during the time that the Easterling had a grip on her hair only took a matter of five or six seconds, about. Osmod, depending on where he was and who he was fighting, might not have been able to reach her by the time she was released.

And to your question in your last post - I think you should stay in the game!

But I can see why you might be worried about not enough time. That's irksome.

Child, I figured your captain fellow would more likely let go of Athwen than get pricked by his own dagger. If you like, I can take off the last bit of my post, after I say that she had her hand on the hilt, and then you can write about what he does next. That would be fun, but I won't edit the post until after you say what you want to have done. Just let me know.

-- Folwren
Old 04-19-2006, 02:11 PM   #737
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I try to have my save filled in ½ hour's time...

Btw. Just remember (maybe you did, but just in case): if an onrushing cavalry is going for the kill (the men in our group) they woldn't just gentlemanlikely slow down and offer a fair swordplay! They would just try to run you down with power and speed. If they really want to catch the women, they would have to approach a bit more easily - but of course we don't know, that that's their plan...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-19-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:48 PM   #738
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Save filled.

Although Sythric hasn't had time to deal even the first blow...
He's yelling and shouting, as he tries to give advice. I would guess, that as Raedwald probably is not near him, he will be shouting his own advices and encouragements (S. unhappily had no time to those...)?

Folwren: I don't think our posts in any way contradict each other, so that's quite ok.!

This is fun!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #739
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Just letting everyone know I'm not dead. (Well... you know what I mean. ) Post to come soon; I'm just not quite sure how to make Fion respond to this.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:32 PM   #740
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A post for the save

I almost forgot, Athwen adressed Osmod on Arry's (rapidly growing) save. Here's Osmod's reply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Farael's post POST PLACED

“Train horses?” Osmod laughed slightly “No, I can’t say I do that. But I spend a lot of time among horses, dogs and cattle. I guess I have learned a thing or two about each of them… A... and Nay, the horse, was only playing.” He smiled briefly, doing his best to downplay what had happened “He could have kicked me off if he had really wanted to” He smiled at Athwen, and offered her one of the biscuits he had taken from his bag, then he put a whole one in his mouth.

It was a moment before he could swallow and speak again, but the blush on his face spoke for itself. “I am so sorry… I guess I have learned about horses but forgotten my modals.” His face was crimson red and he could see Athwen found it quite amusing.

Osmod escorted Athwen back to the fire, as the last few drops of rain fell from the skies. One fell on his cheek, and Athwen wiped it off with his cloak. This caused Osmod to blush again, but this time, neither of them said anything about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folwren, let me know if it's ok with you.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-19-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #741
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Child!

My second post #322 is left at a situation, where once fooled easterling - whose lost his companion - comes rushing towards Sythric. If you have time and interest, please go on from there. I wouldn't like to have Sythric killed, but he could be slightly wounded - if you think that to be a proper payment for his trick.

If you have not written anything about that scene by "tomorrow" (less than 15 hours from now), I'll write it forwards...
Old 04-20-2006, 01:04 AM   #742
Child of the 7th Age

I plan to post tomorrow after lunch. But if you need to go ahead sooner, please feel free....
Old 04-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #743
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Arry & Child

Sythric will be meddling the situation a bit... He sees the trouble Arry is in. It would have been even worse, if the easterling hadn't changed his weapon: with the spear, he would just have skewered Brand - giving Brand no chance to defend himself (maybe the guy is just a good sport? ).

S will throw his spear at him - missing the man, hitting the horse. The horse tumbles down, sending the man flying towards Brand (beware of the K.O.!). So time for some stunning or wrestling, or whatever you make of it.

That makes S somewhat an underdog in relation to this other easterling that is coming to him. He just has time to try to parry the swing with his shield, but is somewhat late.
Child: you could take it on from that point. Use Sythric as you wish. He would be a good soldier, but not any superhero or "wonderman". And as I said, he can take a blow or two also, just don't cripple him permanently... (it would be nice, if he could still continue the fight after this one - if not in full health but still standing)

PS. Arry: if you wish, you could change your last sentence, and let the easterling continue towards Brand with his lance: that is much more powerful weapon for him in that kind of situation... I'll write my post now in such a way, that he will have the sword, but that could be easily changed later.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #744
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Please friends... I think this is a noteworthy piece of advice. And I think also, that it's all the more rewarding, when you try to make it look like your character really earned the win.

I have written quite frequently lately. The main reason is, that I find this fun thing to do. But there is another reason also, and that's the nasty fact, that I'm going to have quite a busy weekend and Monday. So I won't be having very many chances to post... I'll try to keep up with the situation, and to steal some time to post at least once or twice during the weekend.

PS. Should someone keep count on the casualties? Sythric has killed one. Brand/Lady took two? Raedwald killed three? - that would already make 6 dead easterlings (from what? 12-16, more?). We seem to be really effective.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #745
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally noted by Nogrod:
PS. Should someone keep count on the casualties? Sythric has killed one. Brand/Lady took two? Raedwald killed three? - that would already make 6 dead easterlings (from what? 12-16, more?). We seem to be really effective.
My dear chap, don't you know? When the good guys need to win, they slaughter at large. When they have to loose, they don't manage to kill anyone. Just watch the LotR movies!

-- Folwren

P.S. I hope ya'll know sarcasm when you hear it. But, actually, I think we're doing alright. It's hard, though, you know? Unless anyone wants to loose their character, no one can die. And if no one can die, the story telling has to be a bit unrealistic, doesn't it? Let it slip a might, Nogrod...it'll be fine.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #746
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I hope ya'll know sarcasm when you hear it. But, actually, I think we're doing alright. It's hard, though, you know? Unless anyone wants to loose their character, no one can die. And if no one can die, the story telling has to be a bit unrealistic, doesn't it? Let it slip a might, Nogrod...it'll be fine.
Don't worry, I do. I happen to use it all the time myself - and wonder every now and then, whether others get it...

And yes, I know, we can't die... but maybe we should even have to struggle a bit to earn our win?

Maybe we all have just gotten our inner Orlando Bloom flourishing, skateboarding the baddies to their deaths - left-handedly and eyes shut?

But yes, it'll be fine. Don't worry about me. I've had a good time - and will have more!
Old 04-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #747
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I can be badley wounded if it helps with the realism....I don't mind....Vaenosa has yet to sustain any injurys. I was thinking she could be shot with an arrow as she shoots her own or by a spear from behind perhaps....I am sure she could kill a few before she goes down though I think it would help with her attitude as well, as she will need to depend on others for help (not her preference).

Let me know what you "guys" think and I will post something today or early tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:49 PM   #748
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rædwald is now dead.

Meghan is unconscious and has been dragged off to the Easterling lord.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #749
Child of the 7th Age

Oh, goodie! I've been waiting for someone to pay me a visit.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #750
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Oh, goodie! I've been waiting for someone to pay me a visit.
Well, if the Easterling lord is the one who grabbed Athwen's hair, Osmod will be visiting him as soon as I finish writting up my save. If that's ok with you, I'll have him retreat momentarily, it's up to you whether he is actually retreating or just moving to a better position.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #751
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
Rædwald is now dead.

Meghan is unconscious and has been dragged off to the Easterling lord.
Poor Raedwald!

But where is Meghan exactly? Dragged to the Easterling lord? That's disobeying clear orders: the living-loot was to be dragged to the ridge - to this Alimari-guy (what was his name?). Child: you seem to be having a disobedient bunch of soldiers out there! Maybe that's the reason they keep losing?

But more seriously. If Farael wants to try some heroics here, he should know, where to go. Uphill - riding after the guy carrying Meghan (doable) - or down to the storm's eye - facing the lord himself (heroic, but suicidal?)...

Looking good, people! Enjoying your posts.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #752
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Save filled, I'm still unsure of whom exactly was grabbing Athwen's hair but whoever it was, moved away
Old 04-20-2006, 03:38 PM   #753
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nicely done Farael!

(the problem I mentioned above, was evaded quite beautifully)
Old 04-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #754
Child of the 7th Age

Save filled.....well, half filled. I'll do the rest late tonight....the part about Meghan being dragged and the howling.

If I need to change anything about Sythric, let me know.

OK, I am going to assume that the girl being dragged off does end up on the hilltop in front of Aliharmi. I've also assumed that Calimehtar the Lord has been summoned up the hill to have a look at this "flower of Rohan" . That's why my character is struggling up the hill. However, you will notice a "howling" from the hilltop that sugests something has gone a bit awry.

Tevildo has promised me to provide an explanation for this howling. Apparently, his character Dorran is not a big fan of the Easterlings.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #755
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:

If I need to change anything about Sythric, let me know.

OK, I am going to assume that the girl being dragged off does end up on the hilltop in front of Aliharmi.
Sythric's part was just great. No problem with me. I'll just look if I have to change my post a bit, so that I don't so openly refer Sythric being faced by the same guy he fooled earlier (that one was coming from the ridge, not from the bottom of the hill as Calimehtar did). That's a small thing, and I'll make it in a second. Good.

EDIT: SORRY: this following confusion already settled...
But check this Meghan stuff, for I'm afraid that Farael just filled his earlier save, where he kind of rescued her already...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-20-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #756
Child of the 7th Age

Thanks, Nogrod. I'll check and correct as needed. This crazy game moves so fast! Let me check the post. But, if Meghan is rescued, I'll need to come up with a reason for that howl from the top of the hill..... (I knew Athwen got away, but I didn't know Meghan was rescued.)

Going to check the game.....
Old 04-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #757
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Thanks, Nogrod. I'll check and correct as needed. This crazy game moves so fast! Let me check the post. But, if Meghan is rescued, I'll need to come up with a reason for that howl from the top of the hill..... (I knew Athwen got away, but I didn't know Meghan was rescued.)

Going to check the game.....
Sorry! My bad! Confusing Athwen and Meghan!!!

As you said: going too fast...
Old 04-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #758
Child of the 7th Age

Yes, I checked and that's what I saw too. I'll keep going with an imprisoned Meghan.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #759
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I've changed my posts a bit to accord with the fact that it is Calimehtar who attacks Sythric.

This has to do with the last paragraph of #322 and the first paragraph of #326.

Child: check that the description suits you...
Old 04-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #760
Child of the 7th Age

Nogrod - The description is indeed quite nice!

Tevildo & Undome,

My post is complete. Tevildo - I think it's what we agreed on. If there are any changes needed in the descriptions of either Dorran or Meghan, please let me know and I will adjust.

Tevildo - the ball is in your court.