The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #561
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Morsul --> Morsul
Lottie --> Bes
Nerwen --> Nienna
Wilwa --> Nienna (2)
Eomer --> Sally
Bes --> Lottie
Boro --> Wilwa
Pitch --> Sally (2)
Mac --> Wilwa (2)
Old 12-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #562
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Hi everyone. Made it back to see the fireworks go off.

Amused to see that certain people want to lynch me. There's not been a single reason other than "he feels like a wolf" or "his votes could have been wolf-on-wolf". I love how I'm being suspected for keeping my Mnemo vote til the end on Day 2: yes, I was hanging around til the deadline - what's wrong with that? I had still suspected Mnemo for pretty much the entire game.

One can easily say that any person in this expedition "feels" like a wolf: it's a nonsense, and completely meaningless. Might as well roll a die.

I'm happy that it looks like either wilwa, sally or Nienna is going to die: shows that the expedition hasn't gone crazy and is reverting to the simple decision.

If you want my adv-ice, don't bother with feelings. They're usually shaped by previous interaction with the other players and previous interaction has nothing to do with the players' roles in this game.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #563
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Thanks for the vote count Nienna! If the situation looks like that, I think I know what I'm gonna do. Of the three people with two votes, I feel the most suspicious by far about Sally. So:

++ Sally

For reasons, you can check my previous posts, I've talked enough of Sally there I think. Now I rather pass the computer on to Lommy.

EDIT: x-ed with Eomer
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #564
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boro - flipfloppy in #445, about wolf-on-wolf on Mnemo. Makes an assumptive generalization in #472 that I'm uncomfortable with. I will also note that though Boro thinks that a wolvish attempt to fenris one of their own is extremely unlikely (especially regarding Greenie), Mac's done it before and won. Suspicious of Wilwa for "deflecting suspicion" from [b]Mnemo[b] - I don't see it. Also, #482 is putting words in my mouth. I didn't jump on Nerwen's vote because I thought she was trying to save Inzil, I jumped on it because it would have killed Mac and I didn't think "dodgy reasoning" was a good enough reason to warrant that kind of vote. His point #2 in #491 is a load of bull (sorry, Boro, but it is) - when making a fake role, you (as a baddie) always want to be as "provably specific" as you can, because it's more believable. I have an example if you want one. (I was innocent at the time, but it still makes my point. ) Regarding #501, you should know by now that Nogrod has a grand old time playing devil's advocate. I actually wasn't suspicious of you until I began this Day 3 analysis, buuuuuut....

Eomer - considers Mac and Nogrod potential wolves, implies that Nerwen, Lommy, Greenie, and Pitch are all innocent. I felt odd about him Day 1, but this seems like a subtle attempt to remove some people from suspicion without actually coming out and saying same. My radar is bleeping, quite loud.

Lostie - #462, "most confident" in Nienna's innocence. Won't vote her today, though, on account of the reveal. #467 looks like it's in concert with Nienna to drum up different suspects, which seems off. I'm uncomfortable with her vote for Bes. I've noticed that it's been put out there that Lostie might be trying to pull a Ranger-protect in order to give the wolves a free kill - but why would the wolves sacrifice another of their own just to ensure a free kill, when there's an extremely low chance of a successful protect? If this were later in the game, it might be viable, but not with so many of us left.

Morsul - votes himself. Would a wolf do that? I don't see why they wouldn't. Not a definitive tell either way.

Brinn - a voice of reason in #469. However, there's subtle pushing against a Nienna lynch, which might tell us a lot. I still think there's some connection with Nerwen. Regarding #508 - just because you've acted a certain way in the past doesn't mean you can't change the way you act in the present.

Pitch - qualifier in #451. I've noticed he does this a lot, and it grates on me just a little. Wilwa notes that Mnemo concentrated on him and even voted him. I pretty much agree with Wilwa's assessment of him in #497.

Nienna - tried saving Mnemo two days in a row. Why didn't she vote Lostie instead of Lommy, though? Also, tries to make a bit of a mountain out of Nerwen's use of the word "dodgy". #466 looks like it's in concert with Lostie to drum up new suspects, which seems off. Makes me snicker wildly in #485.

Nog - #453 says a whole lot about what he thinks, without actually saying anything. Leaves a bad taste. Is silly and contradictory in #489, but it's not a major point. It's more amusing than suspicious.

Mac - is disappointingly aligned with Boro.

Sally - day 2 vote could have been a try at saving Mnemo. She also keeps semi-suspecting me for no reason, and I find that odd. Am I being set up for something? Example: #484, #488, and especially #515.

Lommy - I feel good about #483 (even if she does have me in the "probably guilty" category. ).

Nerwen - first vote for Mnemo. If I'm continuing with my line of suspicion, that's two wolf-on-wolf votes in a row... improbable. I'm starting to have a reversal on what I think of Nerwen, but it's been more because of Nienna's words/reactions than anything she herself has done.

Bes - apparently forgets there's a Ranger in this game? Probable newbieness, could have been instructed to play that up by a wolf partner? Vote for Lostie makes me nervous.

Wilwa - Something I've been meaning to answer for a while - Mnemo's #222 was a response to a question I asked earlier in the thread, about why it's bad to vote to save someone.

Greenie - Regarding #514: She did! What was I supposed to say? Also, I agree with her comments on Eomer in #535.

Note - I have only read to #537. I notice it's only about 13 minutes to deadline and I'd like to give people a chance to read the post I've been working on for an hour and a half.

Edit - formatting, and I probably X'ed a couple times.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #565
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Gak! Of all the bad times to have to have people come in!

*catches up*

EDIT: x'd since Nienna's vote count
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #566
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, caught up (except for Shasta's epic post, which I'll look at in a second) and will look at that before I vote, but I think I'll go for Wilwa; I'm torn between her and Nienna to be honest, so I'm not entirely sure.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #567
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
We do have a funky internet as well... the best possible timing with three people trying to get online...

Okay.

I could go for Nienna or even Wilwa.

The way Wilwa went on "trusting my conviction" on D1 felt like something I didn't like at all. And I do find her act a bit too opportunistic - that fits her later moves as well. So a possible vote there as well.

But I'm not too sure Nienna is innocent either. On the contrary. I still suspect her - and the more people say she's innocednt the more I seem to suspect her seeing conspiracies all around...

Shasta: do you really think sopmeone is going to read and chew such a post ten minutes before the DL?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #568
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Crap. I'm really sorry, but I'm getting pulled away so I have to vote now.

++Wilwa

It's up to you, partners. Back hopefully in a moment.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #569
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
She's been very nice to me all game and somehow I get the feeling that if she was innocent she would've suspected me by now...
Have I been nice to you? I thought I was just ignoring you. I've been ignoring a lot of people admittingly, mostly due to my lack of time. I just don't have time to analyse everyone, so I just pay attention to those who jump out as suspicious to me. But I can suspect you if you like.

I don't really understand why my defense of Nienna is so suspicious. I just think it's a bad idea to lynch her toDay because she's been appointed toDay's easy lynch since the very start and it all looks too simple. If she acts suspicious in future Days to come, then my mind might change, but for now I won't be voting her.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #570
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shasta posting a list at the last minute makes me suspicious of him, but the content of his post wasn't too bad. *shrug*

++Nienna

Of the three with most votes (her, Sally and Wilwa), she seems the worst to me, but I won't be exactly sad if Wilwa dies either. (Yes I know I'm heartless. )
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #571
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul --> Morsul
Lottie --> Bes
Nerwen --> Nienna
Wilwa --> Nienna
Eomer --> Sally
Bes --> Lottie
Boro --> Wilwa
Pitch --> Sally
Mac --> Wilwa
Greenie -->Sally (3)
Sally --> Wilwa (3)
Lommy --> Nienna (3)

Last edited by Nienna; 12-04-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added Lommy's vote
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #572
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. Thanks Brinn for helping me out with the choice.

++ Nienna
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #573
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Of course, Brinn, everything must be complicated and have several intricate layers of deception and counter-deception.

The simple answer is often correct.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #574
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
We do have a funky internet as well... the best possible timing with three people trying to get online...

Okay.

I could go for Nienna or even Wilwa.

The way Wilwa went on "trusting my conviction" on D1 felt like something I didn't like at all. And I do find her act a bit too opportunistic - that fits her later moves as well. So a possible vote there as well.

But I'm not too sure Nienna is innocent either. On the contrary. I still suspect her - and the more people say she's innocednt the more I seem to suspect her seeing conspiracies all around...

Shasta: do you really think sopmeone is going to read and chew such a post ten minutes before the DL?
I was typing it in Notepad and lost track of time. If you'd like me to summarize -

I could vote for Boro, Eomer, Pitch, or Nienna. I'd rather not throw away my vote, though....

Edit: X'd since Brinn.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #575
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++ Wilwa
Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #576
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nienna will vote to save her, but we need one more...

Last edited by Macalaure; 12-04-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: crossed with Nienna
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #577
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Sally
Old 12-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #578
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*sighs*

All that and I was only gone a couple minutes. I'll go catch up again.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #579
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Who's left to vote?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #580
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

3-way tie at 4 each?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #581
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

No idea. I think the count's....never mind, I've no idea.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #582
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

3 way tie... thats fun.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #583
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Okay. Thanks Brinn for helping me out with the choice.
Why? Because you think me against lynching Nienna suddenly makes her more guilty?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #584
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

++Nienna
Old 12-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #585
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
3-way tie at 4 each?
That's sick!!! But interesting.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #586
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Hell.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #587
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay that probably means Nienna is innocent after all or not sure whatever...
Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #588
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shasta!!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #589
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Awkward....
Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #590
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Morsul --> Morsul
Lottie --> Bes
Nerwen --> Nienna
Wilwa --> Nienna
Eomer --> Sally
Bes --> Lottie
Boro --> Wilwa
Pitch --> Sally
Mac --> Wilwa
Greenie -->Sally (3)
Sally --> Wilwa (3)
Lommy --> Nienna (3)
Nogrod --> Nienna (4)
Nienna --> Wilwa (4)
Brinniel --> Sally (4)
Shasta --> Nienna (5)
Old 12-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #591
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

If only we could execute all three of them.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #592
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Make that sudden, unexpected, and very awkward.

I have the feeling that when I said "partners" the wolves came out of the woodwork instead of the ordos. You nasties!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #593
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Shasta!!!!!
Yes?
Old 12-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #594
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
DEADLINE!

Nog and his daughters didn't manage to incapacitate me, so... I am going to re-check the votes and post the result and the lynchee's role here in a moment.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #595
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

P.S. Nienna if you are a wolf, you won't be getting brownies for me next time I make them. (btw, will you be a dear and take my meat out of the freezer...I'd like to make tacos this weekend )

EDIT: x-ed with mod...sorry
Old 12-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #596
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Shasta!!!!!
Ditto.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #597
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
So you have lynched Nienna. And she is... an innocent. Ordinary innocent. Pure as snow. (Yes, that snow. I could not resist.)

I don't know when I am going to post the full narration yet, but anyway not now, sometime during the Night possibly. In any case, all Nightly people can start doing their stuff and all the rest can sleep peacefully... more or less... until the next Day.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #598
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Expedition Journal - Night 4 Entry

The events of the previous night and day were just too much for us and we could not stand the claustrophobic space of the crippled ship anymore. We decided to leave our cook aboard and leave for the nearby island with the bare rocky top jutting from the ice cover which most of us have already visited a few days ago. We felt we had a lot to think about and lot to share, but we just could not get ourselves to talk aboard the ship where so many terrifying events have occured. We needed fresh air.

Equipped with everything we needed for the trip which, we assumed, would not take us more than half a day at most, we set out across the icy plain towards that unknown island. Gradually, as we walked, we started discussing the events of the previous day and night. It soon became clear that most of us had their own theories as to what we have witnessed the previous evening. While our biologists kept bringing in various explanations of rapid cell growth and attempting to draw conclusions from impacts of stress upon metamorphosis occuring at important life stages of many organisms, our pilot, mechanic and navigator kept repeating all over again the same word: Werewolves. It was of course not only them who have thought of it, yet, whichever term we used, it did not move us any closer to the understanding of the strange phenomenon.

It was about halfway through to the island when the tension reached a point where the reasonable discussion was no longer possible. Looking back, it was possibly inevitable to meet conflict, yet I still think we could have done something to prevent what happened then. At first, a fight broke out between our mechanic and our navigator. Apparently the latter had once again interrupted our biologists' discussion by shouting "Werewolves!", which finally annoyed the mechanic and made her hit our navigator, saying "You are saying it because you are a werewolf yourself!" Soon another of our crewmembers joined in and in the end what seemed like a mass madness took the whole company. "It was you who have killed my dogs!" was our dog handler's cry and upon that cry, our navigator turned around and started to run away. I remember shouts and warnings and then somebody took a gun and sent a bullet after her. She dodged, but of course late. She stumbled and fell.

I do not know what madness was taking us. We were all, understandably, terrified - but it was horrible to think that we would start murdering each other.

LIVING MEMBERS OF THE EXPEDITION:

Boromir88 - senior assistant to a professor of glaciology
Eomer of the Rohirrim - sea pilot
Loslote - rich funder's spoiled daughter
Morsul - federal grants lawyer
Brinn - polar bear biologist
Pitchwife - marine biologist
Nogrod - old palaeoecologist with is own theory of climate change
Macalaure - palaeomathematician
sally - the original initiator of the expedition
Thinlómien - whale expert
Nerwen - mechanic
Bes - room/store manager
Shasta - sled-dog handler
wilwa - crewmember
Greenie - senior assitant to important scientists in the company

GONE:
Roa - survival guide - died on blood loss from Werewolf attack on Day 2 (left game, innocent)
Mnemosyne - field medic - shot by the survival guide on Day 2 (Werewolf)
Inziladun - meteorologist - killed by Werewolves on Night 3 (innocent)
tromkehra - cook/bartender - left aboard the ship on Day 3 (left game, innocent)
Nienna - navigator - shot in a mass madness (innocent)

It is still Night...
Old 12-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #599
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Expedition Journal - Day 4 Entry

We have reached the island in an even more tense mood than before. Of course we had to spend some time to take care of our navigator's body. Now that it came to it, there seemed no other choice than to bury her in the snow, there was no way to preserve all the bodies aboard the ship until our return home, not to speak of the question which kept haunting us: if we were to return home at all.

I guess it is a habit for us humans to calm our minds by work or examination, satisfying our curiosity and at the same time letting our thoughts roam free of the momentary situation, as grim as it is. Upon reaching the island, we started inspecting it. Its material was black basaltic rock, possibly raised by the same process which formed the Gakkel Ridge nearby, deep under the sea. It wasn't even very large in size, though we could have assumed that its mass gradually grows under the ice until it reaches the bottom or joins some other unseen formation of submarine rock.

It was most interesting for us to discover that even though the island's surface was covered with ice and snow (presumably of long-term nature), the layer of ice was very thin in some places, thin enough for us to actually notice that some of the depressions in the ground are mere covering for rifts in the rocky surface itself, and crevices which did not seem to actually be filled with snow but merely covered with a layer of ice, and beneath them they continued into unseen depths. It was our young assistant who first noticed the irregularities in the snow layer near the southern edge of the island, and it was also her who marked the position of the crevasse larger than the others, whose ice cork was disrupted - possibly melted during some recent thermal wave - and which eventually seemed to turn into a large shaft mysteriously disappearing underground.

We started to explore the surroundings more closely, looking for possible signs of similar intriguing features of the island's surface. Yet our efforts were soon once again interrupted by the cries of our young assistant, who alone remained close to her original find. When we reached the place, she was already dead - and we had no doubt what had attacked her.

But it was the polar bear biologist who noticed the tracks near the gaping fissure - tracks most intriguing and most unnerving by their nature. It was what seemed like an usual set of tracks of a quadrupedal animal, a sight quite common in the southern latitudes but quite rare at our current site. What seemed peculiar was that these tracks did not seem fresh at all, as far as we could say. There hasn't been any fresh snow for several days and it was clear that the tracks must be more than several hours old. Yet the crowning abnormality of the fact - especially in relation to what we have just experienced during the previous days - that these were undeniably wolf tracks and that they were coming from underground - led us to shift our focus on the curious crevasse.

LIVING MEMBERS OF THE EXPEDITION:

Boromir88 - senior assistant to a professor of glaciology
Eomer of the Rohirrim - sea pilot
Loslote - rich funder's spoiled daughter
Morsul - federal grants lawyer
Brinn - polar bear biologist
Pitchwife - marine biologist
Nogrod - old palaeoecologist with is own theory of climate change
Macalaure - palaeomathematician
sally - the original initiator of the expedition
Thinlómien - whale expert
Nerwen - mechanic
Bes - room/store manager
Shasta - sled-dog handler
wilwa - crewmember

GONE:
Roa - survival guide - died on blood loss from Werewolf attack on Day 2 (left game, innocent)
Mnemosyne - field medic - shot by the survival guide on Day 2 (Werewolf)
Inziladun - meteorologist - killed by Werewolves on Night 3 (innocent)
tromkehra - cook/bartender - left aboard the ship on Day 3 (left game, innocent)
Nienna - navigator - shot on her way back to the ship (innocent)
Greenie - senior assitant to important scientists in the company - killed on Night 4 (innocent)

Day 4 starts. Night folks, stop PMing. Everybody, you may start posting.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #600
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Last Night I dreamed of Mr. Agreeable. And do you know why he was so very agreeable? Because he was an evil little Pitchwolf.