The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #401
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, I'm going to vote either Lari or Loslote. Just stating my intentions so there'll be no argument from Roa tomorrow.

Loslote for reasons given already, Lari mainly for her last post.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #402
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Inzil and Loslote are my two suspects right now, and at this point I have more reason to be concerned about Lottie.

++Loslote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #403
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Am I right?

2 votes
Brinn, Loslote

1 vote
wilwa, Inzil, Nerwen
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #404
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So three votes might do the trick still...

What say you: Lari or Loslote?
Old 10-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #405
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Let's see.

++Lari

EDIT: x-ed from Brinn on
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #406
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Blah, didn't see Brinn's vote...

Why then Legate?

Then be it...

++ Loslote

Edit: Okay, saw Legate's edit...
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #407
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Lari

EDIT:X'd with everyone since my last post. My connection suddenly got really slow, and it took that long to load. No kidding.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #408
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Deadline. Loslote is lynched. She was an Ordinary Villager

Last edited by McCaber; 10-18-2009 at 11:33 AM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #409
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So I believe Loslote's for it?

EDIT:X'd with Mod.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #410
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
The first glint of sunlight broke over the ocean. The sky was a beautiful tint of watery gold, and it just feels like a perfect day.

When the early risers of the village made it into the streets, they noticed that the city was a bit wetter than usual. Everyone met in the central square to count off their numbers and see who didn't make it through the night.

To their surprise, it turned out that they were all still alive. This was a bit of a mystery, until Inziladun started walking towards the docks to work. He found a large group of watery footprints coming from the sea to the square. The curious villagers examined the cobblestones a little closer. The chinks of the pavement were caked with blood; some of it red and most of it a bluish green.

And the realization hit. For some reason it was here that the Water Brothers took a stand to defend their people. They really do care.

The Dead:
McCaber, town drunk and general layabout [mod]
Saucepan Man, disturbed and disturbing artist [werewolf]
A Little Green, blind ex-soldier [ordinary villager]
Nienna, innocent child and meteorologist [ordinary villager]
Kitanna, Innsmouth denizen [ordinary villager]
Loslote, humble seamstress [ordinary villager]

The Living:
Inziladun, fisherman
Pitchwife, heretical organist
Hakon, Innsmouth denizen
wilwa, Innsmouth denizen
Nogrod, student of alternate cosmologies
Roa, Innsmouth physician (with everything that entails)
Craydon1, penniless drifter
Nerwen, last scion of a decadent dynasty
Legate, displaced scholar of the Pnakotic Shards
Morsul, quiet librarian
Lairen Shadow, Innsmouth denizen
Brinn, Innsmouth denizen

IT IS NOW DAY 4. YOU KNOW THE DRILL.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #411
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So I take it from the narration that we had a successful night with the rangers. I do believe that makes Wilwa our trusted one and Hakon the lying wolf. See, I told you it would work itself out.

So who has been supporting Hakon or denouncing Wilwa? Or just propagating the confusion?

I need to look back through, assuming that Pitch didn't find our last wolf last Night.

In the meantime, here is what I worked up on Loslote's lynch:

Loslote Voters

Inzil- put Loslote in the running
Pitch- Tied Loslote with Brinn
Brinn- Put Lostlote in the lead
Nogrod- Voted last

Pitch and Nogrod are known innocents.

Following the suspicion train...*choochoo*
(Names of the people making the comment are bolded, what they said about Loslote is in italics.)

At the begining of the Day the first person to mention suspicion of Loslote was Loslote, who pointed out that Inzil had been mildly suspecting her through out the game. Inzil agrees in a cross post edit.

The next person to mention Loslote was me, in a brief breakdown of the votes. I said she was probably innocent. Next I asked her why he suspected Brinn, we had an exchange and I accepted her answer.

Next is Nogrod, who makes a brief breakdown of the votes. No remark on Loslote's guilt or innocence.

Legate is next to mention Loslote in an edit. He thinks she's innocent.

I do an analysis of Loslote, as promised, and find nothing suspicious.

Loslote does an analysis of Brinn and continues suspecting her.

Next Pitchwife points out that Loslote's analysis of Brinn is flawed

Nogrod does another vote-reason list, and then analysis: thinks Loslote has poor reasoning for her votes, but isn't sure if it's newbieness or wolfishness.

Pitch comes back and says that Lottie is misreperesenting people.

Loslote explains his vote for Nogrod, and Pitch accepts but says that he will continue watching her.

Loslote votes for Brinn

I say that I don't believe Loslote is intentionally misrepresenting Brinn.

Hakon decides that Loslote must be a wolf based on a (rather convoluted) theory about that players' styles and status.

Inzil does an analysis of Loslote, is on the fence about her guilt.

Brinn responds to Loslote's accusations, believes Loslote is possibly misrepresenting her on purpose.

Crayon finds Loslote creepy and suspicous.

Nerwen points out that Loslote never said why she found Brinn suspicious, and her methods are questionable.

Wilwa says that Loslote looks fine.

Nerwen says the possibilities for wolf are Loslote, Roa, or Inzil

Pitch suggests that Loslote and Wilwa are two wolves trying to start a bandwagon on Brinn.

Inzil says he will probably vote Loslote

Nerwen wants to here from Lottie, suggests that the revealed wolf would not have left a newbie alone with a false reveal (That is, another wolf wouldn't abandon Loslote.)

Legate says he wouldn't oppose Loslote being lynched, but won't vote for her himself.

Brinn still suspects Loslote over the faulty analysis.

Nogrod is also not opposed to lynching Loslote

Inzildun votes for Loslote.

Pitch votes for Loslote.

Nogrod is just worried about Loslote.

Legate states that Loslote is probably going to get lynched.

Nerwen says she will vote for either Lari or Loslote.

Brinn votes for Loslote.

Nogrod asks whether he should vote Lari or Loslote. Votes Loslote.

Nerwen double checks that Loslote is now lynched.

Now my thoughts:

Inzil has kept on Loslote from the beginning, so one can hardly say that he jumped on the bandwagon. He did keep the door of suspicion open, though.

Legate begins the Day thinking Loslote is innocent, and the next time he mentions her, he doesn't mind her getting lynched. He also refuses to vote for her himself, which confuses me. If you think someone might be a wolf, you vote for them. If you don't think someone is a wolf, then you shouldn't be okay with them getting lynched.

Hakon's reasoning this game has been very poor, and if he wasn't a possible gifted, he probably would have been lynched by now.

Nerwen fluctuates. She says that Loslote is suspicious, that she's one the possible remaining wolves, and that she's voting for either her or Lari. But she also suggests that a more experienced player wouldn't have left a newbie wolf alone with a false reveal. Then she double checks to see if Loslote is dead after yet again avoiding being involved in the actual lynch. (Oh yes, I still suspect you.)

Brinn seems to be suspecting Loslote for suspecting her. Don't know what to make of that, as wolves and innocents do it in equal measure.

Personally, I think the lynching of Loslote went down far too easily. I think it's clear that a wolf was in there greasing the wheels. (Two, counting Hakon, but I should hope no one took his reasoning seriously.)

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #412
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*sigh* I just realized that we have no way of knowing who the wolves attacked. I don't know why they wouldn't attack Pitch, but then, I don't know why they wouldn't kill the real ranger, either. As it stands, assuming Pitch hasn't found another wolf, I think we should take care of them toDay.

There goes my happy moment...

Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #413
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*whistles tunelessly*

Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #414
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, so that was quite a nice evocation from our Priest. Looks quite hopeful. Looking forward to hear from the Priests in person the explanation of what they have been doing at Night.

Anyway, as for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Legate begins the Day thinking Loslote is innocent, and the next time he mentions her, he doesn't mind her getting lynched. He also refuses to vote for her himself, which confuses me. If you think someone might be a wolf, you vote for them. If you don't think someone is a wolf, then you shouldn't be okay with them getting lynched.
Okay, for a clarification of this. Firstly, it was not that I would suddenly not mind her lynched after being totally sure about her innocence before, but I have (or at least I think so) spoken about her in the meantime as wondering whether it would be safe to assume her innocent all the game based on SpM's sole vote, but letting her be for the time being. I quite well remember saying something like that. You can look it up for sure.
Aside from that, I did not mind her lynched, but she was not by any means my top suspect. Basically, she was not my suspect much at all for the time being (like I said above), but I decided that it is not a pain for me if she is lynched now, as she could well be the Wolf, who knows? I hope you understand what I mean. It was clear she was heading for the lynch and I did not care that much to try to stop the lynch or something, but I still would not vote her. I did not have much hope for lynching Lari, but it was she who was still my priority. This is why I did not vote Loslote. But I was not really against lynching Loslote.

Speaking of that, I am now quite keen on continuing what I think should have been done yesterDay, that is, lynching Lari. But I will first review her posts again, review her votes, and also see if she is going to post anything.

Also probably the most important thing we are waiting for now is Pitchwife's dream, too.

And then we can start also deciding whether to start doing something about the Rangers, like Roa suggested.

Quote:
Personally, I think the lynching of Loslote went down far too easily. I think it's clear that a wolf was in there greasing the wheels.
I think so too and I think it is likely that either the Wolf was somebody in the bandwaggon - which, though, does not help much, as there were many people (though I will look at it yet, who voted whom and when and why) - or somebody who gave a totally throwaway vote to be out of the bandwaggon for good. That would maybe not be too wise, but see Hakon or Lari. If these two are WWs, for example, they would both give just totally dodging votes to avoid any associations with anything.

Okay, but for now, I am going to be probably around - not sure how much long, I don't want to sit here for hours - and see. Looking forward to people starting to appear.

EDIT: what? No x-post? Where is the joy of the Cthulhu-blessed village...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #415
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I couldn't find any between posts where you mention Loslote. If they're there, please point them out. In the mean time, I'm off to work.

I guess the rest of the village are late risers?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #416
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
*sigh* I just realized that we have no way of knowing who the wolves attacked. I don't know why they wouldn't attack Pitch, but then, I don't know why they wouldn't kill the real ranger, either. As it stands, assuming Pitch hasn't found another wolf, I think we should take care of them toDay.
I wish we could know who the wolves went for, as that could well give us some clues. I too am very surprised Pitch didn't get it last Night. They sure are taking an awful risk leaving him around. But is it newbie inexperience, or veteran cunning?
At least we get a dream from him, and that can only be a good thing.
I too think it's time to settle the ranger question. Actually, it was time yesterDay.

x'd with Legate and Roa
Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #417
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I too think it's time to settle the ranger question. Actually, it was time yesterDay.
Hmm, well, do we really want to do it yet, after the fateful save last Night? I mean, of course the Wolves now know that their target would be unprotected next Night, but still, don't we want to give it a Day yet? I mean, there is still almost the same number of us like yesterDay. Personally I am willing to give it one more Day to try to find a Wolf elsewhere, though I can understand the reasons for dealing with the problem now. Yet, for the sake of clarity, I would keep the Rangers around as long as Pitchwife lives. Because the Wolves may out of stupidity or other reasons still keep him alive, it is perhaps a 1% chance that they will do it, but once we lynch the Rangers, it is clear that he will go the following Night (and in worse case, we will lynch our Ranger and lose one Day with it).

And Roa, it was this mid-late yesterDay's post of mine (you can click the link to read it full, the part I had in mind was this):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, that's once again one thing I have been thinking of now. Sort of, it would really serve well to SpM if he had managed to "save" Loslote for all the game by his only vote. Though, on the other hand, it really is not that much like SpM to vote a fellow Wolf on Day 1, and also, there is still time to reconsider it. I do not think I would vote for her just as yet, in any case.

Okay, but apart from those two reconsiderings,
I have included also the last line (which was opening another part of my post), as it relates to it. "Reconsidering" is what I just did in the paragraph above this. So from this point on, Loslote was no longer 100% (or 90%, as it was) innocent for me.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #418
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My plan worked. Pitchwife let us hope you had a good dream last night since I can no longer protect you. The truth is on night two I protected Pitchwife. I realized that I could have not protected him and he still would have lived. I decided to reveal in order to make the wolves think I was going to protect him that third night. In reality I protected myself in case they decided to try and kill me. Last night I protected Pitchwife. The wolves went for him. If you lynch me today you will lose your seer tonight and find out who a wolf is. I have to reveal my plan here since most likely I will get lynched today or Pitchwife killed tonight. I cannot trick the wolves into thinking I did not protect Pitchwife last night since they know they attacked Pitchwife and he was protected. Goodbye my villagers.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #419
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
My plan worked. Pitchwife let us hope you had a good dream last night since I can no longer protect you. The truth is on night two I protected Pitchwife. I realized that I could have not protected him and he still would have lived. I decided to reveal in order to make the wolves think I was going to protect him that third night. In reality I protected myself in case they decided to try and kill me. Last night I protected Pitchwife. The wolves went for him. If you lynch me today you will lose your seer tonight and find out who a wolf is. I have to reveal my plan here since most likely I will get lynched today or Pitchwife killed tonight. I cannot trick the wolves into thinking I did not protect Pitchwife last night since they know they attacked Pitchwife and he was protected. Goodbye my villagers.
Hmm, well, nothing much more than I expected. Of course. Now let's see what wilwa says.

I am really inclined to keep the Rangers on ice for yet another Day...

(On ice? Somebody said "on ice"? Poor Lake!)
Old 10-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #420
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Yog-SOTHOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-19-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: a pity, BD won't allow me to make the post entirely in capitals
Old 10-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #421
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Way to go ranger!

Sadly we may be lynching you...

But as there was no kill last Night we should actually consider Legate's suggestion of waiting one more Day with it even if I'm not sure it's the best policy we have... Let's think about it (myself included).

And Pitchie's dream will tell us something.

A few thoughts on the Loslote-wagon to come in a moment...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #422
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

Rejoice, o Innsmouth, for Cthulhu is great and bountiful!
He also has a healthy appetite for human sacrifice. Alas for innocent Lottie! I now deeply regret going after her yesterDay, pursuing the wrong track like I often do when unenlightened by supernatural guidance.
But now for toDay's business. Thanks to the protective prayers of our true Priest, my dreams were undisturbed last Night, and the insight I gained is...

*drumroll*

Sorry for being so theatrical - I know you're all very curious, but I'd like to wait a little until both our Priest claimants have had their say.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #423
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I'm horribly busy today with work and school today.

So are we going to assume the wolves went after the Seer? Why? The wolves could have gone after anyone and considering they didn't try to kill Pitch before it could be entirely possible that they went for someone else.

Legate, what else do you suspect me for? I see for my comment on Day 1 about SPM, other things that you don't even cite, and my vote for Hakon who I've suspected since Day 1 and have stated reasons for suspecting? I honestly don't believe he's the Ranger at all, and considering his post toDay I don't like it that much more either. It's easy for a WolfRanger to explain away a missed kill by claiming to have been protecting the Seer.

Anyway, I'm going back to reading a defense of poetry now.

Edit: Oh, x-posted with Pitch and Nog.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 10-19-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: x-posted with Pitch and Nog
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #424
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hakon, if you truly pulled off such a complicated bluff, it's very much appreciated.
The only problem with what you say is that usually, the ranger cannot protect xerself. I just checked the Admin Thread, however, and found that McCaber's description of the roles doesn't explicitly exclude that possibility. Maybe some Mod clarification would be in order here - otherwise, you may just be desperately trying to talk yourself out of the hangman's noose, for all I can tell. So:

McCaber, can the Priest protect xerself?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #425
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*****taps fingers impatiently*****
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #426
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Legate, what else do you suspect me for? I see for my comment on Day 1 about SPM, other things that you don't even cite, and my vote for Hakon who I've suspected since Day 1 and have stated reasons for suspecting? I honestly don't believe he's the Ranger at all, and considering his post toDay I don't like it that much more either. It's easy for a WolfRanger to explain away a missed kill by claiming to have been protecting the Seer.
Hm, actually, now I have at last managed to get myself to properly re-read your posts once again, and I start finding you less suspicious than I thought. I guess from large part, it was a kind of feeling during the game. Aside from that, there were issues like your non-voting at some points, and then the things you mentioned, although many of them are fairly recent. I think mainly the thing was that you seemed to me the most logical player to pick the Night kills which have been picked, and basically the fact that by elimination method, you remained as the one who seemed yet suspicious enough for me. Alongside Nerwen. This sort of shifts my focus on her now. (That means, I should also go through her posts.)
Old 10-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #427
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
*****taps fingers impatiently*****
Hey, man, relax. I always thought fishermen were such patient people...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #428
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Patience isn't required when the Deep Ones drive them to you.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #429
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Aside from that, there were issues like your non-voting at some points
When? She voted SpM on Day 1, Nienna on Day 2, Hakon on Day 3.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #430
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Iäääää! The eternal triangle-shaped concave-angled black primal bubble!

Okay, that sounded... interesting, for certain. Coffee, anyone?

I will really try to go through Nerwen's posts before more happens around here.

EDIT:x-ed
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #431
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
When? She voted SpM on Day 1, Nienna on Day 2, Hakon on Day 3.
*headdesk*

I totally missed her vote on second Day, then! When was it? Okay, I am going to check that, because I am apparently also more blind than Azathoth...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #432
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
*headdesk*

I totally missed her vote on second Day, then! When was it? Okay, I am going to check that, because I am apparently also more blind than Azathoth...
Okay, found it. I have been thinking for all the time that she only speculated, but did not actually vote then...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #433
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Loslote got lynched by four votes.

Hakon -> wilwa
Loslote -> Brinn
Crayon -> Inzil
wilwa -> Brinn 2
Roa -> Nerwen
Lari -> Hakon
Inzil -> Lottie
Pitch -> Lottie
Brinn -> Lottie
Legate -> Lari
Nogrod -> Lottie 4
Nerwen -> Lari 2

(the last three votes were more or less claimed crossposts...)

Of Lottie-lynchers only Inzil and Brinn are unknowns.

First thing:
two of the Lottie-voters were innocent, it is possible a third - or a fourth one - was innocent as well.

Because of the...

Second thing:
As it is highly probable that either Hakon or Wilwa is a wolf, then looking at the last votes there was no difference in the outcome, whether Lottie or Lari got killed (as Lari was not herself involved in the last voyes). So a wolf among those last voters had no special agenda as to whom to vote as it could not have been a case of protecting a mate.

From that follows, that the wolf's decision must have been based on other reasons than who gets lynched ie. how would that vote make her/him look.

Which brings us to the...

Third thing:
The chance of getting Lari lynched at the last minute was a small one indeed - so a safe place for a last minute-voter wolf?

But we must also remember a...

Fourth thing:
As voting Lottie doesn't prove one a wolf it doesn't prove one innocent either. Inzil might have made a fairly safe vote starting the whole thing after lots of people had suspected her. If Brinn is a wolf she must praise Lottie for giving her such an understandable reason to vote her...

And let's not forget either that...

Fifth thing:
Lari voted for Hakon which was both counter-productive and odd. Would a wolf do that? And Roa went basically on a crusade against Nerwen downplaying anything she had to say for her defence. Would she be that assertive as a wolf... no doubt about that. Would she be that assertive as an ordo... no doubt about that either...

So I ended up in a stalemate.

Let me chew these for a moment...

EDIT: X'd with a lot... great, people around!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #434
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Just coming on real quick while at work, I'll go into more detail about this later on tonight when I get home, I don't have much time right now. Just wanted to do this before people started to vote...

Please don't lynch Hakon!! He really is the Ranger!

I would have kept this going longer, to see how much longer we could fool the wolves to keep Pitch alive, but I don't want to risk you guys lynching Hakon and there's no way they'd have kept Pitch alive past today anyway since he was protected last night.

Now I now Wolf is the first thing to pop into your heads, but I swear I'm not. I started to freak out when two of our gifteds came out and really didn't want to lose the Seer again so soon (since it's happened so much recently), so I decided to pretend to be the Ranger in order to keep the Seer around longer (and it worked, since he's still here). I got the idea from the last game I played when Mnemo and I wanted the Seer to reveal so that the village and Ranger could take turns protecting him.

I know it was crazy, and you'll all suspect me now, but hey, it worked. We've gotten 2 more dreams then we may have had if I hadn't of done this.

Sorry to do this and run, but I really don't have any more time. I may be able to hop on again quickly on my next break, but if not it won't be for another 5 hours before I come back on. Will be here for the last 3ish hours before DL though.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #435
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog-Rodoth
Lari voted for Hakon which was both counter-productive and odd. Would a wolf do that?
Well, in order to distance herself from a packmate, perhaps; but considering she's been quite consistently suspecting him all the time, I think we can rule out that possibility.

x-ed w/ wilwa. Gosh!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #436
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Just coming on real quick while at work, I'll go into more detail about this later on tonight when I get home, I don't have much time right now. Just wanted to do this before people started to vote...

Please don't lynch Hakon!! He really is the Ranger!
Well, that clears things up.

Pitch, any insight on this?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #437
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Huh!

Well, well, well...

Interesting is quite a lame word here.

Now we need you Pitchie! Especially with your hinting of what you said about you wishing to wait for the rangers to come forwards...

If you confirm what wilwa says we have two possibilities: either it's wilwa's last defence as she realised by your hint that you have checked one of them - and she goes with the only hope she has which is that you have checked Hakon.

Or then she speaks the truth... meaning we have two unknown wolves around still...

Why does it have to be past midnight here (RL)?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #438
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wilwa could be lying. I mean if you did all lynch me then she is revealed as the wolf if she had not made that post. She knows I cannot protect Pitchwife tonight since I already revealed my plan and the wolves know I protected Pitchwife last night.

Last edited by Hakon; 10-19-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: crossed with nogrod
Hakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #439
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Pitch, any insight on this?
I was just about to say that.

Okay, now, let me think about it. I need to think about it. Really need to think about it.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #440
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm getting a bad feeling there are some general tricksiness in this game... with Mr. Lovecraft involved that would not be an unheard of idea.