The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2006, 05:49 AM   #361
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
But I think Eomer's quite suspicious. And, perhaps a wolf-Boro is using his theory to lead us away from their fellow, thus reinforcing their belief that Eaumor is indeed theirs.
Now let us not be so narrow-minded and quick to judge who is and who isn't a wolf (based on Eomer's guilt/innocence), that kind of thought will certainly lead you off the wolves trail.

mormegil has only caused suspiciouns of tar-ancalime to grow in me, and Glirdan keeps going up as I mentioned earlier. I have a strong feeling that 4 of those who voted for lmp yesterday, is certainly a wolf. A wolf would jump at the oppurtunity to cause such a break a way in voting and and get the entire village to band wagon against lmp. Which is never a good idea, because then the vote records would be more or less worthless. I'm glad lmp pulled out as it spread out the voting yesterday and made it more difficult for the wolves.

So what on those who did not vote for lmp?

There's probably a wolf with the Garin voters as well. Eomer's vote looks bad, but whether he is wolf or innocent we expect someone not to vote for themselves. (Unless your lmp)?

Garin's votes also attracts to Aiwendil and Kath, who got things spread out and looks as if they were swinging the votes away from Eomer and towards Garin. Garin was Aiwendil's main suspect throug the day so his doesn't look as suspicious as Kath's...hmmmm

I thank you Formendacil for stepping out this gives us one KNOWN innocent making it a whole bunch easier. Even though your dreams may be random, I would encourage you to step out and share what information you have, it may be of some benefit.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:18 AM   #362
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

An interesting case against Tar-Ancalime you have there, Mormegil. I'd make this point though: You say that she killed Holby and then Anguirel because they disagreed with her. Wouldn't the other two wolves put the brakes on this? Unless, of course, the other two wolves were subject to absolutely no suspicion on Day One and Two. Or they could be taking her for a ride (or she they).

Anyway Mormegil, the reason I didn't give my suspect list last night was because I knew it would probably change the next day! So here I am, and soon I will give a list of my suspects.

Why does Nilp 'feel stupid' immediately after voting for me?
Old 02-27-2006, 06:19 AM   #363
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Boro, didn't we establish earlier that the False Seer's dreams tell us nothing?
Old 02-27-2006, 06:38 AM   #364
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
So I vote for those I put forward as suspicious...well I must be a wolf
No. I said that it was understandable that your suspicions coincide with the most suspicious-looking villagers, but that your knack of picking the villager most likely to be lynched made me uneasy. Now, I tend to view villagers who make strong accusations of those looking most suspicious as likely innocents, on the basis that it is risky for a Wolf to be caught instigating or riding in a bandwagon that ends in an innocent being lynched. But perhaps you are banking on others thinking the same way. It’s probably not enough to warrant a vote today, I’ll grant you, but I’ll be keeping an eye on you.

My thoughts on everyone else.

Farael: I really don’t get Farael’s approach. He goes all out for Aiwendil, then decides that it might be worth lynching lmp as a test of Aiwendil’s guilt. He speculated that, if lmp was proved to be a Wolf, then that would suggest that Aiwendil was one too. Yet, when lmp is proved innocent, he still believes Aiwendil to be a Wolf. I don’t understand that at all. It is looking increasingly to me like Farael is a Wolf who has based his strategy on focusing on just a small group of innocents, possibly those whom the Wolves regard as dangerous.

Mormegil: My thoughts on mormegil are set out above. I don’t think the case for him being a Wolf is strong enough to vote for him – yet. But, if he keeps featuring so strongly in these moves against suspicious looking villagers who turn out to be innocent, I will start looking very closely at him.

Aiwendil: As I have said, I really don’t understand Farael’s case against Aiwendil. I certainly cannot see how lmp’s innocence implicates him as a Wolf. He seems to me to have been thoughtful and helpful throughout. Not so much “flip-flopping” as carefully weighing up the evidence. Perhaps those who suspect him would care to explain the reasoning for their suspicions a little more clearly, because I can see very little that suggests that he is a Wolf.

Glirdan: I said yesterday that I would like to hear more from him and that remains the case. His quietness and the seemingly non-committal nature of the contributions that he has made, however, is making him look increasingly suspicious. I am no longer prepared to regard him as a probable innocent.

Formendacil: I believe his claim to be the False Seer. It’s possible that he is a Wolf trying to pull the wool over our eyes and banking on the fact that we will view any subsequent False Seer claim as an obvious Wolfish move. But, as he was under no particular danger, I doubt that he would have taken the risk of making this claim, if a Wolf.

Nilpaurion Felagund: He has contributed more today, but little more than a vote for Eomer and a comment that Boro would look bad if Eomer turns out to be a Wolf. I like to think that I can still trust him, though.

Eomer of the Rohirrim: For me, the question of whether Eomer is a Wolf depends upon whether spawn’s death was a Wolfish attempt to frame him or a bold Wolfish move. I have reviewed his posts again and can see little more to go on other than that which has already been noted (by spawn and me, among others). His pattern of behaviour could go either way for me. Certainly, I would have expected a Wolfish Eomer to have been more bold in his daytime behaviour, but equally I would expect a Wolfish Eomer to be bold enough to kill spawn. Definitely one of my main suspects, though.

Kath: Nothing from her today, so nothing to add to my thoughts expressed earlier today. It is notable that she made a few lengthy contributions after her quietness had been noted, and that they comprised a villager by villager analysis of the first three days, rather than a more helpful analysis of patterns of behaviour. Still looking suspicious to me.

Celuien: One of my prime suspects from the first few days, although that was largely based on her attempt to divert suspicion on Day 1, following morm’s random accusation of her. Has managed to avoid much suspicion so far and, if non-committal posts and a tendency to express no strong suspicions are to be taken as a sign of Wolfishness, then she fits the pattern.

Tar-Ancalime: Holby’s vote for tar followed by her death has diverted my gaze from her for too long. I am increasingly coming round to the view that, whether Holby dreamed of her or not, a Wolfish tar thought that she might be the Seer on the basis of that vote and killed her for it. It’s either that or the Wolves got very lucky. That Day 1 vote for Eomer also still looks suspicious to me. If Eomer is a Wolf, then it could have been a safe Wolf-on-Wolf vote. And, even if not, then it still looks like a safe vote for a Wolf at that time. Looking increasingly suspicious to me.

Boromir88: Boro, on the other hand, looks increasingly innocent to me as time wears on. He seems genuine in his attempts to find the Wolves. He has been neither non-committal, expressing strong suspicions at times, nor hasty, always giving good reasoning for his thoughts. Sometimes, when one thinks someone is innocent, one has to stick to that belief (in the absence of evidence to the contrary), no matter the risk of ending up looking extremely foolish. And I’m sticking to my belief that Boro is most likely innocent.

As usual, a summary of where this gets me:

Main suspects: Farael, Eomer, Kath, tar-ancalime

Making me nervous: mormegil, Celuin

Just don’t know: Glirdan

Probably innocent: Aiwendil, Nilp, Boro

Almost certainly innocent: Formendacil

I have time before I cast my vote but, unless there are any major developments, it is likely to go to one of my current main suspects.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:04 AM   #365
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Farael
Celuien
Nilpaurion

Two wolves in there, and my bets are Farael and Nilpaurion.

I explained before how weird I thought Farael's case against Aiwendil, and the reaction from the village, was. Comes out, all guns blazing, with little evidence (as I see it) for an attack on Aiwendil. Celuien and Nilpaurion (as well as Lhunardawen, to be fair) both shrug him off as likely to be innocent. I think this may well have been the wolf-agenda for the first night. Farael decided he would pick a target and the others (or one of the others) would back him up. The village was distracted with other stuff (like the Seer talk) and would probably just take the other wolf's word for it. And that other wolf is either Celuien or Nilpaurion.

My money's on Nilp, simply because of that weirdness he pulled earlier on—that 'I feel stupid' post. That's not helping anyone. It's designed to be vague and to confuse us, and since he's under barely any suspicion (SPM trusts him because of that anagram, which I think is a very dangerous move to make) he could get away with this because the village would probably say 'Oh Nilp! and nothing more.

The third wolf? Could be Celuien herself. Could be SPM with his friendliness towards Nilp. Could be Aiwendil and the whole Farael feud is a hoax. Kath is looking more and more suspicious with that unhelpful summary and lack of any suspect at all in the first two days.

Glirdan I just cannot tell. Tar-Ancalime could go either way. Mormegil I'm inclined to think is a somewhat rash but true villager.

Formendacil's claim is almost definitely genuine because the real False Seer would have nothing to lose by coming out against him.

Boromir I am inclined to trust.

Incidentally, am I being shrill or smooth or both? Because I'm enjoying the advantages and disadvantages of both at the moment. (Hint: make up your mind.)
Old 02-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #366
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
If I'm non-committal, it's because I'm genuinely unsure of what to think. I don't want to rashly accuse and have us lose another innocent. Especially given that I've been so terribly wrong. I was sure of Garin, and look where that led me. Not looking to repeat that mistake.

I believe Fordmenacil. An impersonator would have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

I don't expect you to take my word for it, Eomer, but if your list of Farael,
Nilpaurion and myself does have two wolves on it, one is not me. And of Nilp and Farael, on consideration, I find the latter the more suspicious given the lmp/Aiwendil business discussed above.

Anyway, I probably will not be voting for Eomer toDAY unless something radically changes. I will, however, continue to watch him.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #367
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

I have been reviewing mormegil's case against tar-ancalime. While much of it is circumstantial, and some of it is based on what I think were jokey or "in-character" comments, he makes a very good point here:

Quote:
Forgoes changing her vote because she doesn’t want to make it uninformed citing Kath’s previous example. It’s interesting though that she had some strong thoughts on Garin and yet didn’t vote for him when she could have.
Tar has accepted that this was a mistake but said that, if she had voted for Garin, that would have been seen as Wolfish too. Actually, as I have said, I am more inclined to believe that those who vote for innocent villagers who are likely to be lynched (and thereby shown to be innocent) are likely to be innocent themselves, because it is such risky behaviour for a Wolf. To express strong suspicions about an innocent villager and then not vote for him, leaving others to do the lynching, looks a lot more suspicious to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Incidentally, am I being shrill or smooth or both? Because I'm enjoying the advantages and disadvantages of both at the moment.
Actually, it seems to me that you are being both by turn. Although, I am not sure what to make of that. I would expect a Wolf to be more consistent, but it may be designed to confuse us.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 02-27-2006 at 08:36 AM. Reason: For clarity (added "themselves")
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #368
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Like Mormegil, the more I think about tar-ancalime, the more she looks like a wolf to me. A wolf playing a pretty good game, but a wolf nonetheless. It's a good point, and one I'm afraid I hadn't noticed, that Holbytlass voted for her on DAY 1. I don't want to jump to a conclusion and say that Holbytlass definitely dreamt of tar, but it's a distinct possibility. Although I'd think the Seer would be more likely to dream of, say, SPM or Mormegil or Boromir on the first NIGHT.

In any case, I'm seriously thinking about voting for tar. There's no single thing that makes her look like a wolf to me, but taking all her posts together I still get a very bad feeling from her.

Now, I don't want to follow Farael's specious reasoning about lynching someone for "information", but I do think that if tar turns out to be a wolf, then Eomer is probably a wolf too. That vote for Eomer on DAY 1, passed off as a random vote with no evidence, looks very much like a wolvish trick to me. And, much as I hate to mention "past lives", I've, uh . . . heard that an ancestor of Form did much the same thing to an ancestor of Spawn in a village my great-great-grandfolks lived in.

On the other hand, if tar and/or Eomer are innocent, I will certainly be taking a closer look at Mormegil.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #369
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
I have been reviewing mormegil's case against tar-ancalime. While much of it is circumstantial, and some of it is based on what I think were jokey or "in-character" comments,
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar-ancalime
You seem to have latched on to every joke I've made--my in-character grammatical error made for the sake of alliteration ("no noose neither"). My use of "comrade" was a total joke, based on Kath's complaining about people making money off a tragedy. And my statement about suspecting people who disagree with me was completely tongue-in-cheek. I guess I'll be a little more careful about using humor from now on.
Both of you noted this and I think you over-reacted Tar. I myself noted the same thing and commented that it might be nothing but I was doing an analysis of you and it's only proper to include everything that I may view as suspicious, is it not?

As far as my vote stands I think I'm likely to vote Eomer. He's making me uneasy and seems to be attempting to find somebody else to throw suspicion on deflecting it off himself.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #370
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Good heavens! My random vote from Day 1 has generated more discussion than any other vote in this game.

I'm inclined to put the people who are still alive into two groups: the loud and the quiet.

Quiet:

Glirdan
Formendacil
Kath
Celuien
Nilpaurion Felagund

Loud:

Saucepan Man
mormegil
Boromir88
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Farael
Aiwendil
tar-ancalime

Both groups look suspicious to me. Could it be I'm getting a little paranoid? I'll look at the quiet villagers first.

I believe Formendacil when he says he's the Fool. In general when someone comes out as Gifted (or...differently abled, or whatever you'd call the Fool) I feel it's best to behave as though it's true--if it's not, the truth will out eventually and it generally doesn't take long. In this case I really do believe him, and as I am grasping at straws to find suspects, one known innocent makes things that much easier.

Glirdan is making me very nervous with his limited participation. Very nervous. As I mentioned earlier today, it's past time for us to stop giving the silent ones the "benefit of the doubt."

Kath has contributed, but as others have noted it's only been after her quietness was remarked upon. However, such a quick turnabout is not too subtle--surely wolf-Kath would know better than to shift gears like that. I'm inclined to think her innocent.

I"m not sure what to make of Celuien. Although she has contributed, she's left almost no impression on me. This is why I"ve put her in the "quiet" camp.

I'm thinking of Nilpaurion Felagund in the same way as Glirdan. I understand he's had some reasons to be away from the game, but that doesn't preclude his being a wolf and we've got no real reason to believe he's not. That anagram, while it seems to have persuaded Saucepan Man, is no guarantee. It could be a filthy fanged lie.

So, among the quiet folk, I'd suspect Glirdan and Nilpaurion. I'm on the fence about Celuien, and I think Kath and Formendacil are likely to be innocent.

Now, for the talkers.

This is both easier (more to go on) and more difficult (more to go on).

Farael's attacks on Aiwendil are getting ridiculous. Everything points back to Aiwendil, does it? lmp-wolf = Aiwendil-wolf. lmp-innocent = Aiwendil-wolf. Eomer is a wolf, and so is Aiwendil. It's a strange strategy, and it makes me nervous.

Aiwendil, Boromir88, The Saucepan Man, and (of course) mormegil have all put me on their suspect lists today. Being a megalomaniac, I'd like to consider them primarily through this lens. (Actually it's because it's the only point on which I'm sure they're all wrong--seems like an instructive exercise.)

Aiwendil voted for me on Day 1. He's the only one of the four to have done so, and I think his suspicions of me are genuine, if misguided. That dratted Holby vote! She did not dream of me.

mormegil puts together an exhaustive "case" against me, which consists mostly of rehashing everything I've said. It's impressive in its sheer magnitude, but it doesn't seem to say much. Then again, I know it's not true.

Boromir88, on the other hand, has never voiced a concrete suspicion of me. I show up on his suspect lists regularly. Several times he has posted to the effect that I'm not getting enough attention. His suspicions of me seem to be based largely on his idea that others are not suspecting me enough. He has voiced this opinion on more than one day, in more than one circumstance. He has never voted for me. Confusing? Yeah. Sounds to me like he's trying to get something going without getting his hands dirty.

The Saucepan Man says he's interested in mormegil's case against me. He particularly notes my failure to vote for Garin last night (and yes, mormegil, it was very late at night). I've accepted that this was a mistake; I only hope it doesn't get me lynched.

Eomer of the Rohirrim is playing his own game. He's not allied with anyone; the only person he was entangled with was spawn, and we've already seen what kind of circular logic comes from pondering that connection.

Among this group I think The Saucepan Man, Aiwendil, and mormegil are as likely innocent as not (that's as strong an endorsement as I'm willing to give). I'm not sure about Eomer at all. And Farael and Boromir are looking quite suspicious to me.

So where does that leave me?

Off the hook for now:

Formendacil
Kath
The Saucepan Man
Aiwendil
mormegil

Not sure:

Celuien
Eomer

Suspicious:

Glirdan
Nilpaurion Felagund
Boromir88
Farael

++Boromir88
Old 02-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #371
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
One point I would like to add about tar-a is that Holby's vote came after Aiwnedil's. It seeming to me more like Holby may have dreamt of her. The reason I say this is that on day 1 it's not likely for an intelligent seer to come out strongly against a wolf if they dreamt of one. Holby did not come out strongly, rather she was mild and made her accusations sound more random. However I believe Hobly saw an opportunity to blend in with some votes and had hoped that the tar-a bandwagon would take off. Somehow the wolves knew she was the seer.

I hope that this makes sense because I'm not very articulate, unlike some here but it makes perfect sense in my mind.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #372
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mormegil wrote:
Quote:
I hope that this makes sense because I'm not very articulate, unlike some here but it makes perfect sense in my mind.
It certainly makes some sense to me, though I'm still a bit hesitant to jump to the conclusion that Holbytlass definitely dreamt of Tar.

It increasingly seems to me that if Eomer is a wolf, then so is Tar, and vice versa. And if they're innocent, I would bet that Mormegil is a wolf.

So my idea as to what should be done is this. ToDAY, we should lynch either Tar or Eomer. If we get a wolf, then we lynch the other one tomorrow. If not, then I think we should lynch Mormegil tomorrow (though I admit I feel less confidence about that).

Which leaves the question - Eomer or Tar toDAY? Of course, if my theory is right, it shouldn't matter. But my theories certainly aren't always right. So it comes down to which one looks more like a wolf. And it seems to me that the only thing really pointing to Eomer is Spawn's death, whereas there's a fair body of evidence against Tar.

My idea, then, is to lynch Tar toDAY. If she's a wolf, lynch Eomer tomorrow. If not, possibly lynch Mormegil tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the wolvish triumvirate turns out to be Tar, Eomer, and Farael.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #373
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I am confident that at least one is a wolf but it's very probable both are.

++Eomer

He's the trickiest and therefore the one we want to least let live.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #374
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil
It increasingly seems to me that if Eomer is a wolf, then so is Tar, and vice versa. And if they're innocent, I would bet that Mormegil is a wolf.
I can see the sense in this. However, I am reluctant to agree to committing to a specific course of action for tomorrow based solely on the outcome of today’s lynching, assuming that it follows the course that you have outlined (and also assuming that I am still here). There will be more evidence to consider tomorrow, such as today’s voting record and who the Wolves kill tonight.

So, for example, while I agree that, if either Eomer or tar-ancalime is lynched and turns out to be innocent, it looks bad for mormegil, it does not necessarily follow just from that that he is a Wolf.

Still, I too am likely to vote for either tar or Eomer today. There are reasonable grounds for suspecting either (and indeed both) to be a Wolf. The trouble is deciding which one to cast my vote for, and I must cast it soon.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #375
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Well, now I have to vote.

Eomer or tar-ancalime? One is a Wolf, I am sure of it, and I think it quite possible that both are. But, it seems to me that this question over Eomer as a result of spawn's death is going to plague us until it is resolved. And he is certainly bold enough to kill spawn. So I will vote for:

++EOMER OF THE ROHIRRIM
Old 02-27-2006, 12:27 PM   #376
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Hmm.... I am definitely seeing an Eomer/Tar-Ancalime questioning going on today. Both definitely have merited the suspicion. Of the two, Eomer seems the more likely wolf to me- but that could just be because I've played with him before (Nostalgic Note: He was my first Werewolf).

But let's see how the voting goes... I've still got a little time...

Now, as regards my fake Seer dreams.... I ain't gonna tell ya.

The main reason being that I don't see any logical reason at all to muddle up people's suspicions with completely random assignments of guilt and innocence. I may as well give you my own randomly chosen list...

Besides, since I knew for certain that I was the Fool, I haven't bothered dreaming. Being sick helped there, I'll grant, but I also didn't see any reasonable point.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #377
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Mormegil posted: "Eomer is making me uneasy and seems to be attempting to find somebody else to throw suspicion on deflecting it off himself."

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather stay alive! How very wolvish.

Anyway...

Three votes for me? Because Spawn is dead? So we lynch those who argued against the dead? Makes perfect sense.

I'll say it again: The wolves have played this brilliantly. There has been a total lack of reasons given by all persons who voted for me. You all say 'He seems wolvish' or 'He seems tricksy'. Marvellous.

You're killing me because I'm an easy target. You might as well just say it.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #378
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

I'm most likely going to vote for tar-ancalime today. She seems (to me) to be a more suspicious than Eomer.

Her vote for me seems like a throw away, perhaps she doesn't feel like voting for one of her furry buddies? But it just seems randomly out of the blue that I'm her suspect, and since no one thinks I'm a wolf it's a safe vote for her to make.

While Eomer makes a scary furry one, with morm's analysis and now her vote, tar-ancalime looks the most wolfish to me.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:55 PM   #379
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
++tar-ancalime

As suspicious as this will make me look for another turnaround, I have little time today. Well no, I have little time until 10, and that is obviously too late.

I read through the posts though much of it was done by skim reading and of the arguments I read in detail morm's for tar-a was well thought out and, I feel, had some susbstance to it.

I will admit to having some fear of voting for Eomer, because it seems such an obvious set up. I know that he is bold enough to try it, but it feels too much like voting for an innocent.

I'm off now so SPM, have your field day with this if you like!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #380
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++TAR-ANCALIME

I know it looks desperate but I have to try and save myself. I've no idea if it will be enough.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #381
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Eomer, are you at all suspicious of Tar-a? Or are you just voting for her to save yourself? I would think that if you are truly innocent and not gifted that you would have voted for somebody that you suspected even though it might mean your life. As it stands it appears that you don't care how you feel about Tar-a and are willing to kill her to save yourself and she is somebody that you didn't suspect. So trading one innocent life for another. However I don't think you or her are innocent. Now if you are gifted that is one thing but I would have thought that if you are gifted you would have declared yourself by now.

Speak quickly!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #382
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, the Eomer bandwagon is picking up speed and I don't want to join in to help the wolves that may join it get lost in the noise.

I have to come forward, although I believe I have done it before... I am not nearly as suspicious of Aiwendil as I say I do. There are some inconsistencies, he has defended Eomer today on premises I find flawed and I believe in SOME of the things I've said before, specially that he is not committing too much, and it's really safe. For those who acuse me of playing a 'safe' game by focusing only on one suspect, it is not so as you can see by your own suspicions... Sure, I think I have come up with the second best way to survive Day 1 (The first is being Nilp, which I'm looking forward to do next time around) but it's not a good idea for the long haul.

Now, with regards to my comment that if LMP was a wolf, then so was Aiwendil and if LMP was not a wolf then Aiwendil still was, I'm not sure I said EXACTLY that, but my train of thought was

"Well, Aiwendil has acused some people yet every time he says something about LMP is two or three degrees lower in 'acusation level' than what he says about others. He keeps on bringing LMP up but not putting anything firm against him. If LMP is a wolf, a wolf Aiwendil would be playing a safe game by not raising suspicions against LMP but saying things that in retrospective could be argued that he was."

"On the other hand, he is still playing very cautious. Even if LMP is not a wolf, I would not discard Aiwendil from my list of suspects... and I can't get off his back too much or else, as no-one else really suspects him, it'll be considered a flip-flop and I will get some heat for it." So I tried to mellow down my accusations while still staying consistent to what I have done before

Now I see it is not helping the village at all, and its not getting us any closer to lynch Aiwendil, so here, I explained myself.

Now, I still think Eomer is set between a rock and a hard place... I want to announce to 'the public' that I mean to vote for him. If I vote for anyone else (likely Aiwendil for concistency's sake) it's just because Eomer is already convicted and I want to get fewer names for the wolves to hide on. Of course you could think I am a wolf bailing out on what could be see as bandwaggoning... well, if you think so then lynch me and remember my words above after that.

Now that we have that cleared up, I'd say that right now my true suspect is Eomer (sorry buddy, but you really are in bad shape right now and while you could think that it's what the wolves want us to think, I fear that we might be over-analysing things). There's a bit of a case going on against tar-a but I'm not sure it's quite finished... Morm is actually making more sense than the other times I've seen him around... I'm inclined to trust him but then, it's hard to do so. Same with SPM... he makes sense and that is always scary. I never understood the case against Boromir and looks innocent to me, although I don't have MUCH to go on with.

Just re-reading some posts... did I really say that LMP's innocence IMPLICATED Aiwendil* as a wolf, or rather that it did not absolve him? I can't recall either thinking or 'saying' such thing. I was basing a good chunck of my suspicion of Aiwendil towards LMP's "guilt" but I still think he is being mildly useful but NEVER sticking his neck on the line and you have to agree that is a little odd. Sooner or later, we all find someone we think is wolfish enough as to go after him, Aiwendil has not

And a bone for you all to chew on. Should Eomer be innocent, we will see that the wolves are not above killing a villager to make another look suspicious. If so, why did I survive Night Two if Aiwendil is not a wolf? they'd most likely had gotten rid of two innocents with VERY little possibility of it backfiring on them.

*Edit: Changed a 'him' for Aiwendil... the way I had it, it looked as if I was still talking about LMP. My mistake.

Last edited by Farael; 02-27-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #383
Aiwendil
Late Istar

++Tar-Ancalime

As I said before, she looks more wolvish to me than does Eomer, though I suspect that both may be wolves.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #384
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Farael wrote:
Quote:
Sooner or later, we all find someone we think is wolfish enough as to go after him, Aiwendil has not
I've "gone after": Tar (on DAY 1 and again toDAY), Garin (on DAYs 2 and 3), and LMP (on DAY 3, before he disappeared, I noted that I would probably vote for him).

I do find it a bit interesting that Farael uses the phrase "go after". Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but this sounds like a wolf's point of view to me. I don't "go after" people; I suspect them of being wolves. I increasingly get the feeling that the triumvirate is: Tar, Eomer, Farael.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #385
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

This may make me look quilty, but honestly I don't care...earlier I said I found tar-ancalime more wolvish than Eomer (though both suspicious). But one thing Sauce said caught my attention:
Quote:
But, it seems to me that this question over Eomer as a result of spawn's death is going to plague us until it is resolved.
Which I happen to agree with, if we don't solve this matter of wolves setting up Eomer, or Eomer a wolf today the same will be discussed until Eomer is lynched so:

++Eomer of the Rohirrim
Old 02-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #386
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++ Eomer of the Rohirrim

What? I need an explanation? I think most of the village is stating it quite well. The confusions caused by the Spawn/Eomer feud need to be sorted. Furthermore, Eomer's behaviour, while not conclusively Werewolfish, has struck me as suspect- it seems familiarly Eomer-as-a-Wolf-ish to me.

Oh, and one last reason: My first dream was about Eomer. Shelob said he's an Ordo.

I don't believe her.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #387
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Oh, and one last reason: My first dream was about Eomer. Shelob said he's an Ordo.
Statistically that would be the result you get. 3 wolves amongst 19 villagers...since it's random 16/19 (innocent) so the probability of it coming up innocent: approximatly 85%
Old 02-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #388
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil
Farael wrote:

I've "gone after": Tar (on DAY 1 and again toDAY), Garin (on DAYs 2 and 3), and LMP (on DAY 3, before he disappeared, I noted that I would probably vote for him).

I do find it a bit interesting that Farael uses the phrase "go after". Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but this sounds like a wolf's point of view to me. I don't "go after" people; I suspect them of being wolves. I increasingly get the feeling that the triumvirate is: Tar, Eomer, Farael.
For what it's worth after his latest post I'm highly suspicious of him now too.

Eomer
Tar-A
Farael

Those are the three that are lycans and deserve death and yes Gandalf I can give it to them.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #389
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Statistically that would be the result you get. 3 wolves amongst 19 villagers...since it's random 16/19 (innocent) so the probability of it coming up innocent: approximatly 85%
Which is precisely why I place precisely no value in the dreams.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:32 PM   #390
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
For what it's worth after his latest post I'm highly suspicious of him now too.

Eomer
Tar-A
Farael

Those are the three that are lycans and deserve death and yes Gandalf I can give it to them.
I don't mind, honest... just remember my words after the Eomer bandwagon is done... if he's innocent anyway.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #391
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Mormegil, you speak of the gifteds like you know the intricate discussions they have had. Do you really know how finely balanced this is? Can you possibly understand?

Edge of a knife.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #392
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Mormegil, you speak of the gifteds like you know the intricate discussions they have had. Do you really know how finely balanced this is? Can you possibly understand?

Edge of a knife.
You speak either as a Gifted yourself, or as a Werewolf trying to befuddle us/pass on a hint to your buddies.

I wonder which one it could be...
Old 02-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #393
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Let me put it this way, Form: If the other three all vote for Tar-Ancalime, it would be positively marvellous.

Though I am suspicious that they won't show up. Oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have relinquished control of the internet.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #394
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
You speak either as a Gifted yourself, or as a Werewolf trying to befuddle us/pass on a hint to your buddies.

I wonder which one it could be...
I'm more inclined to believe he is a werewolf. If he's hinting he's a gifted why wouldn't he have come out with it earlier to avoid everyone from voting for him to reveal this hint? And why wouldn't he just say it? His attempted hint here is ment to make him look like a gifted, but it's not a move a gifted would do if he was in trouble all day, it's a move of a wolf stuck.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #395
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I'm more inclined to believe he is a werewolf. If he's hinting he's a gifted why wouldn't he have come out with it earlier to avoid everyone from voting for him to reveal this hint? And why wouldn't he just say it? His attempted hint here is ment to make him look like a gifted, but it's not a move a gifted would do if he was in trouble all day, it's a move of a wolf stuck.
Of course. I knew that...

We need a sarcastic smiley around here....
Old 02-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #396
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Let me put it this way, Form: If the other three all vote for Tar-Ancalime, it would be positively marvellous.

Though I am suspicious that they won't show up. Oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have relinquished control of the internet.

I'm here.

I don't know if your earlier post was a hint you're gifted or a ploy. If you are gifted, it might be time to tell us. Otherwise, it looks like the last gambit of a trapped wolf.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #397
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I am arrayed with special gifts.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #398
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I'll keep clicking refresh until as close to the last minute as I can to look for a rely. Despite my earlier statement I wouldn't vote for Eomer, this last gifted-hinting is enough to change my mind. Unless there is a definite reply.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #399
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
I am arrayed with special gifts.
Okay, this is annoying me. If you're really gifted, that makes you a wolf target now just because you said you're arrayed with some sort of gift. But it's not enough to say that if you're trying to convince the village.

Please come out and say something 100% since you've definitely given yourself away to wolves now if you're innocent.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #400
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Celuien, I am your Guardian. Vote for Tar-Ancalime.