The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots WW CI - Mutton yesterDay, mutton toDay and mutton toMorrow

It was very early in the morning somewhere in the foothills of the Misty Mountains. A clan of trolls had recently come down from the mountains and settled in a large cave in rock. They had eaten the three nearby villages and now all they had left were the occasional flocks belonging to the daring shepherds from faraway villages. The trolls were sitting on a small clearing with a fire and some food and waiting for dawn - that is the bed-time of all trolls small and large.

"Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don't look like mutton again tomorrow!" grumbled Lom, the leader of the troll clan.
"Shut yer mouth or you won't have nothing!" answered Leg who was always at war with Lom because he fancied himself the boss. He was also the best huntsman of the trolls.
"Why's there no bloody humans or something like?" grumbled Green who loved to add her voice to other people's complaints.
"We et a village each, ye booby," replied Bane, who liked to demonstrate his superior intelligence.
"Booby yerself, and Green too. No need to talk while we eat," said Bore, who needed all his concentration for his food.
"Watch it, Bore," said Cop, a troll who liked troll around.
"Yer not the boss," agreed Gil, who always agreed with everyone except when he disagreed.
"I dunno about ye others, but I have no boss," said Lad, who liked arguing.
"Who said that?" growled Lom.
"Twas Lad," said Kat readily.
"Twas Lot," said contradicted Cab.
"What lot? It was just one voice!" Brin protested. She was - sad to say - quite stupid even for a troll.
"Lot as in Lot," clarified Oz, who was always unhelpful like this.
"Twasn't me!" protested Lot, who always protested.
"Shut yer mouth, twas yer," said Mors, who liked settling things whether they went right or wrong.
"Twasn't, twas me," said Nerve, the trollest of the trolls, and possibly the dumbest.
"Twas you who did what?" asked Nog, confused. It was his way to ask questions.

There was a silence.
"Twas her who said there's no boss," said Pom finally. She did think unlike some of the trolls, but slower than a snail.
"I didn't!" Nerve protested.
"Nor did I!" Lot shouted. "I didn't say it! I didn't!"
"Shut yer mouth!" said Rick who was in no mood for nonsense, as usual.
"And ye shut yer mouth too," said Sal, who thought everyone should always be as quiet, as stupid or as dirty as the next troll.
"Everybody shut yer mouth. I'm the boss or you have no food. Understood?" said Lom.
"Unless I bring you some," amended Leg.
"You do nothing of the sort!" warned Lom.
"The fire's dying," piped in Shaz who had been unchracteristically paying attention to the environment.
"Then do something about it and shut yer mouth," said Vol, who was very anti-social even for a troll.

"If Leg don't bring us food, we starve!" said a voice.
"Who said that?" screamed Lom.
"Twas Green," said the voice.
"Twasn't! Shut up Bore!" said Green who was already quite fed up with the discussion.
"I said nothing!" Bore protested. The use of his name - which, as you can see, was not so flattering - always made him angry.
"Yer not," a voice agreed. "But Gil did."
"Shut yer mouth, Kat! I've been quiet as mouse!" Gil cried, eager to demonstrate he wasn't the trouble-maker.
"Mouses are not quiet and besides twasn't me who said that," said Kat who was trying - for the first time in her life - to combine two thoughts in one sentence.
"Mice," corrected another unidentifiable voice.
"Very funny, Cab, you always think yer so smart," said Nerve, who didn't really like smart people.
"I am not smart!" Cab protested, speaking the truth.
"'Tis true, I didn't see his mouth move," said Pom, who had been watching very hard.
"Yer blind as well as stupid," said Sal. "He was chewing mutton all the time."
"He always eats and talks at the same time," complained a voice, which really didn't sound like any that had been heard that evening.
"What's so disgusting about that?" challenged Vol, food spluttering from his mouth as he spoke.
"Nothin," said Bane quickly. "Cop's just prim as an elf-maid."
"I am not!" said Cop hotly.
"Now finish yer mutton and shut yer mouth EVERYONE," said Lom, who was getting pretty angry. "It's getting late and we don't want to be here when dawn comes."

With a lot more grumbling and arguing, the trolls finished their supper. Leg fed the fire and eyed everyone suspiciously. He was quite sure something was wrong. Slowly, the sky was getting lighter. "Let's go now," Leg said, and for once, no one disagreed. The trolls crept into their dark cave and went to bed. When trying to fall asleep, they could still hear a few voices arguing:
"You're in my bed! Get out!" said Lad.
"Nonsense, it is my bed!" said Lot.
"Yer both in my bed and if you don't get out, I'll squish yer heads!" bellowed Mors, who happened to be right, (which he seldom was).
"What was that noise about?" asked Nog, whose sleep had been disturbed.
"Rick's just snoring. Go back to sleep," said Shaz, who never understood anything.
"Twas Brin snoring, not Rick," corrected Oz, who understood even less than Shaz.
"Now shut yer mouths everyone," said Lom for the third and last time. "Or we go back to the mountains."
This threat was enough to silence the noisiest troll, and they all went to bed quite overdoing themselves, as even the stupidest trolls finally found their own beds and managed to put their heads (or their toes) on the pillows and close their eyes. Soon the whole cave was filled with the merry and ear-breaking sound of trollish snoring.

Everybody, however, was not asleep. Unbeknowst to the poor trolls, four wizards had already done away with four of their clan and assumed their likenesses. They had been the four weird voices taking part in their argument. Quietly they rose from their beds and slipped away from the dark unto the harsh light of the day to hatch an evil plan...

~*~

Night1 has started. Wizards, feel free to PM each other. Clever troll, you may send us your dream pick. Others, shut up and sleep until night falls and the Day phase starts.

~*~

The Crew
Thinlómien, "Lom"
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg"

The Cast
A Little Green, "Green"
Bane Mantra, "Bane"
Boromir88, "Bore"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Ozban, "Oz"
Pomegranate, "Pom"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"
Volo, "Vol"

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote