Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
At Faramund's hall

After lord Athanar sent Thornden away he fell into thoughts about the affair still standing on the highest step of the stairs. There was clearly something wrong and lord Faramund was not behaving as an eorling should. And he had his own ideas on the issue. But at the same time he was disturbingly aware that he needed proof of it. Maybe the ledger would give it to him, or that old man?

Suddenly he felt the general feeling change. Was it his call for Coen to make his men to look around?

No, it was definitively not that. There was more to it.

The five men Coen sent him came forwards asking for instructions. Athanar had thought of withdrawing inside to wait for Stedfast and to check the ledger just leaving two men outside to keep an eye on the situation, but now it was different.

"We might have trouble... You two", he said pointing at the the two last ones to arrive. "Go to the farther corner of the hall on guard. If you see anything out of the ordinary... call." The two nodded and went their way.

"You then... Blimring, go take guard inside. If anything moves there - other than the kitchen stuff - report to me immediately." Blimring nodded and climbed the steps going in the hall. "And you two, stand by me here at the steps, and keep your eyes open."

Before they could nod, Hilderinc reached them, panting. "Lord, Faramund's men are at arms, at their stables! They're clearly gathering about..."

That was bolder even lord Athanar had foreseen... well, more stupid... he thought to himself. But he had to take a moment to take in the information and to decide what to do.

"Tell Coen to gather the men and come here, fast. You should take a few men and go for the horses and that guy... Leif?"

"Léof, my lord", Hilderinc corrected.

"Yeah, Léof. Take the horses here as fast as you can. But first, to Coen." Hilderinc was about to take his leave when Athanar called him once more.

"And hey, do not run... we're not in a middle of a fight as yet and I do hope we will not be. So let's us not provocate anything. But be quick, will you?" Lord Athanar looked at Hilderinc in a compassionate way anyone looks at another person he has given an impossible mission.

Hilderinc nodded and turned around to leave just to crash on Steadford running towards them. "Go Hildernic", Athanar said firmly to the hesitating soldier and then turned to Stedford. He looked troubled, eying around him all the time. Finally he reached his arm and gave the ledger to Athanar.

"Here they are. I'm not sure if it is accurate though..." He said not daring to look at lord Athanar in the eye while saying it.

"Stedford" Athanar called him firmly, forcing him to meet his gaze while picking the ledger from his outstreched hand.

"Yes lord eorl", Stedford answered looking at Athanar now.

"How about lord Friduhelm?"

"He was keen to meet you lord Athanar, but he was afraid he had not the strength to come to meet you. But he asked you to visit him. He lives in a private cabin there behind the main hall."

Athanar nodded and thanked Stedford. Then he looked at him, at the same time both quizzically and concerned. "What do you think of your lord Faramund, in earnest? Is he a good man like his father was? I know you may not wish to answer this question... but would you?"

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-06-2011 at 04:56 PM.