The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #11
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
I feel quite saddened at the lynching of Ang, who was both a wizard-character, and an educated (and thus needed) member of our little community. The loss of Rikae is also distressing, and there appears to be little to no connections between her death and the wolves.

Having reflected on the events of the previous day, I will say that I am no closer to figuring out the puzzle. As Thinlomien has apparently dropped her suspicions of my venerable person, I see no reasons to continue suspecting her (though, if she were to act out in some way, then the case will be otherwise). I am still a bit suspicious of Farael, but I do not have much to go on with him besides his relative silence. Durelin, I am suspicious of, for her contradictory statements and for I am not that suspicious of Naria anymore, since she has not posted much. Though, I would not recommend leaving her to lurk in the shadows, either.

Now, I will put forth one idea on the death of Rikae. While I am certainly more interested in self-preservation, the duty of any patriotic nobleman is to defend his people from threats of outsiders (else he may meet the blades of those people he was to protect). And this theory may not turn out well for me. One connection (which is similar to what Durelin noted) I have seen is that Rikae accused me of being the wicked cobbler. Now, perhaps the wolves were convinced of this, or were just being cautious, and decided to kill our former mortician. They could also be using that as a way to get me lynched. Either way, striking Rikae down seemed very beneficial to them in a few ways.

My one current suspect in this is that of Durelin in this matter. As I noted above, her somewhat (unless I am misunderstanding her statements) contradictory ideas are interesting me. She accused me of wolf-dom, but says there are others she would rather look at before me (only including Boromir as her other option). That is a bit peculiar, but I will certainly not use that as a request to lynch her.

However, she seems to not gain anything from Rikae's death (at least that I see).
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote