The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2005, 01:13 PM   #11
Adel

A fair point as well, Lush. But I still say only one thing: I honestly do not believe that Orcs would ever choose to go through that particular line of "war". Men maybe, or some other creature like that, maybe even Uruk-Hai. But not Orcs. It is not in their nature to be that crafty, or do something that has such a small amount of outward results after the damage has been done. For although rape is terrible, yes, I cannot imagine that that would ever be the chosen way that the Orcs would do things.

But yes, many may still (and have every right to) hold to their argument that you believe that is what probably happened...and yet as I said before, I see no reason to pursue this topic, as it still boils down to one thing. To each his own opinion and outlook on the world! Tolkien never gave a direct answer to what happened, so arguing really is pretty worthless isn't it?

P.S. Lol Nukapei! Thanks for being such a great sport! *high fives* Hehe, I know, post-picking-apart-manuevers... And I do know what you mean about that picture of Celebrian. I've always loved that one too...