The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril LotR-sparked relationships

I just mentioned over at You know you're obsessed with LotR when... how LotR brought my boyfriend and me together, and I thought that LotR-sparked relationships might make a nice thread. We've all of course heard Lalwende and davem's story (and if you haven't, find out all the juicy details here ) and I'm sure others have stories to tell as well. Share them! (I searched to see if there was already a thread like this, and I couldn't find one. If there is one already... Esty knows what to do.)

So here's my story. I was at a Sweet 16 party and a friend told me that there was someone I should meet. I was rather wary because I didn't want to be pushed into some kind of awkward situation, and so I said "Yeah, okay," and kind of brushed it off. But the mutual friend kept nagging me, and finally he said, "Just go talk to him! He likes Lord of the Rings." So I gave in and went to talk to the guy, and struck up a conversation about the EE TTT DVD (so many acronyms!), and we hit it off and dated for over a year. We broke up a couple of months ago, but we're still friends.

So, have you had friendships or other relationships begin with LotR? I suppose the 'Downs could be included, but primarily if you've met face to face with other members.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote