Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2002, 08:42 PM   #11
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

*****Harad/Umbar*****
With the meeting with Urken complete, the two kings returned to the ship.
On the way back to the boat one of the deck hands bumped into Fuinur. In the resulting scuffle, he slipped a message into Fuinur's hand. Fuinur looked into the man’s face and realised that it was Seth; Seth was Fuinur’s servant whom he had placed on Urken’s ship to spy on any suspicious activities. To cover up his surprised reaction, Fuinur hit Seth in the face and knocked him to the ground. “Clumsy fool get away from me” Seth stumbled from Fuinur’s wrath and disappeared below deck

The two kings climbed down a rope leading to a small boat waiting below to take the man back to the other ship. The small boat was cramped with Fuinur and Herumir, each with three retainers all fully armed, but the trip was short. Once back onboard the ship the two kings retreated to the captain’s cabin.

Once the door closed Fuinur opened the message from Seth.

My king all is going well, no news to report at this time. Tonight while the bear sleeps; I will tri to look through his documents. I will get a message you as soon possible.

Your servant and friend
Seth.

“Well” said Herumir “what does it say”?
“Nothing, just that the search goes on, Seth will send us a massage once he has news”

With the meeting over and no demanding business at hand and with the rebel ship at least one full day away, the two kings decided to take the rest of the day easy and rest in the sun. All around them worked the crew busy learning the trade of the sea.