Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2002, 08:29 AM   #11
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The dark elf carefully choose his words. The urgency of the situation was at hand, and a choice had to be made. A choice that he felt he had no right to make for them.

“We draw near to the south. It is a place of grave danger, and enemies of whose kind I have not seen since the great battle long age, in my youth” he sighed heavily and looked at Anarya. “I know the duty your liege lord has given you, but I fear also for your safety.”

He held his hand up as she began to protest. “I do not doubt your skill, nor your courage, please believe that! I would choose no other to be at my side.

He placed a hand on her shoulders.

We have seen much... and I fear we will see even more. Things more foul and evil than those that we have encountered.” He pointed to the direction he had spotted the other group. “Yonder another group awaits. Perhaps to meet the mortals... but something fills me with dread for they do not seem like those we have already encountered.

Now a choice faces me that I cannot make alone. I would continue my task, but perhaps it is prudent if you return to the Elvenking and tell him what you have seen. I would bring you near the borders of your realm, where we must part soon after. I cannot, nay, do not have the right to ask you to come with me to Dol Goldur. It would grieve me deeply should any harm come to thee...” He gazed at her sadly and gave her the silver coin she had found. “Show this to Lord Thranduil and the elven prince, Legolas. Perhaps when they take counsel, a light can be shed and they will know what is needed to be done.”

Khelek went to Rûdhchamion and pawed at the dark elf’s arm. The elf smiled at him, "you must stay with her. I trust you to keep her from harm’s way!

But what is it that you fear? The wolf-pup asked. The dark elf’s smile faded a bit. Many things.

The young elf maiden was in deep thought.