Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2003, 12:24 AM   #11
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yes, Arië supposed that keeping Airelómë's memory good was the only way to restore dignity to an elf who always put others first. Arië wondered why it was so hard for her to put the dark memories behind her, perhaps it was that she had never seen another elf die before. The idea that their kind was immortal was one of the saving graces of this world.

She let her white blonde hair fall over her face as she dropped her head. She kept her eyes closed for a long while as Ihwesta danced. And dwelled on memories of past. She had seen Ihwesta dance many times, so it was nothing new to her.

It was then that she thought how nice it would be to be home, eating a meal with her family. Her father Menorë would sit at the head of the table, speaking of his thoughts of the future, for his family and of Arië. Her mother, Sendalien Arië, sat at the other end of the table, quietly ignoring her husbands remarks. And Airë sat in the middle, head down thinking.

She was thinking now of what her father would say if she returned. I told you so daughter, the edges of the woods are no place for one so delicate as you. yes, it would be something to that effect. Well, my father will be surprised wont he? she thought grinning.

Arië opened her eyes when the music was over and stared at her lap, the sight of dried blood came to meet her. As if in shock she sat up straight. "Are you allright?" asked Taurëwen. "Nothing, just the blood, i need to change." Arië excused herself and left to change.

On her return something caught the edge of her eye. Suddenly scared it was another spider, she unsheathed one of her two daggers. Out of the underbrush walked the stag from the morning of the hunt. "There you are..." cooed Arië to the stag, which to her surprise walked over to her. "I thought you were scared of me, I would never have killed you. Ihwesta might have though, she is a better hunter than I."

The stag bounded his head as if in agreement. "You are a magnificent creature arent you?" she said to the stag which sat down. "I know a stag like you near to where i live." but she was interrupted when the stag sniffed the air, jumped up and ran away. Arië jumped also. Someone, or something was coming, still it did not hurt to be prepared so once again, Arië armed herself.

~My lord, Éomer~