Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #11
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A nice human youth brought the tea that Lanaey had requested, but the Elf's body decided that she had done too much too soon. Collapsing back into the bed, she sipped her drink, almost completley exhausted.

Even though her body was depleted, her mind was completely functional. Her ears pricked the smallest bit when she heard non-human voices. It was the Dark Elves, but what they were saying was too muffled by the other happenings of the house. She couldn't even tell who they were talking to and she gave a little snort in self frustration.

Strength started to fill her body as she lay and suddenly different woman approached her.

"How are you feeling?"

Lanaey looked at her, confusion creasing her brow the tiniest line. "I'm feeling much better. I actually feel as if I could get up now, what was in this tea?"

The human smiled and felt Lanaey's forehead. "A family secret. I'm afraid that I can't tell you though since I'm not in that family," her smile widened. "But I'm told that it involves Kingsfoil. A little more rest and you'll be able to walk around like normal. Right now, however, I need to change your bandages."

Lanaey's bandages did need changing. Her arm wrapping was showing large splotches of red that had seeped through and her human helper was afraid that her back bandage might start to stick to the healing agent and consequently, her skin. Thankfully it hadn't, yet Lanaey's back still stung as the cloth was taken off. A thick, pungent paste was applied to her cuts and a thin paper like cloth pressed into the paste before tough, riding cloth was wrapped around her. These were meant to be endurable so that she could move around at her own violition. Which was what Lanaey was itching to do, but being held back by her care-taker.

"Lady, you still need more rest. Your body hasn't fully recovered yet." The young human helper was very concerned as Lanaey forced herself out of bed.

Lanaey grabbed and gently squeezed her shoulder. "I've been resting too long; I need to stretch my legs. Besides, there are still things to be done and they're not going to get done if I'm lying here in your sick ward."

"Other people can do them, you still need to rest." She said firmly, trying to steer Lanaey back towards the bed that had confined her until recently.

"What is your name?"

She seemed taken back, but didn't stop trying to push Lanaey. "Deron, but what-"

"If you had an injury, yet someone needed medical help, would you deny them help so that you could rest and recouperate?"

Deron's eyes worked quickly from her to the floor to the bed and back again. She lifted her arms in a gesture of defeat. She didn't say anything, but let Lanaey pass her. Lanaey smiled as she walked by, but Deron didn't smile back at all, looking much too stern for her age.

Lanaey felt great, despite a few stabbing pains, but those were minor and she could suppress them easily. Suddenly she walked outside into a small gathering where Laurel and the Elven brothers were center...