The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Tol-in-Gaurhoth XXVI - Úcenite Valto - Planning and Discussion Thread

Quote:
I have within my mind a special game of Tol-in-Gaurhoth. One wherein the only importance is of play; of deduction, of self-reliance and of strategy. Of team work, and of betrayal. Of using your wits to win a game of thought. Of working together and working alone. A game wherein nothing is given to you but time. A game where every choice made is your own. I have hand picked you all to play in a game built specifically for you, to be played at a time most convenient for you as a group.

I would have you all, if you would consent. What say you?

-Feanor-
Welcome all to the organization and planning thread of my latest pet project.

A number of you have been invited for play in this. Pending whim, several more will join your ranks before we begin.

I will update the player list as positions are confirmed.

Game details will, as they have been thus far, remain within the keeping of myself and one other whose identity will remain a secret for his own safety. They will be announced officially at the beginning of the game.

Some of you know more than others. Quite frankly, I don't remember who knows what. But you're welcome to chat amongst yourselves and share thoughts up 'til roles are sent out. Eru knows you'll need all the help you can get.

Confirmed players may use this thread to ask questions, discuss theories for the game, and whatever else werewolf-related springs to mind.

---

Confirmed Players:

mormegil
Anguirel
the phantom
Roa_Aoife
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Kath
littlemanpoet
The Saucepan Man
Mithalwen
Estelyn Telcontar
Diamond18
Nogrod
Boromir88

---

Game Thread

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 11-12-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
But you're welcome to chat amongst yourselves and share thoughts up 'til roles are sent out. Eru knows you'll need all the help you can get.

Confirmed players may use this thread to ask questions, discuss theories for the game, and whatever else werewolf-related springs to mind.
Well, then let's get this thing going.

Ang, morm, Roa- have anything to share?

All I know is that Fea had a big hand in designing the game, which means it will be borderline insane and likely to be very bloody and will probably end lopsided because Fea will favor one side with the rules just to be evil.

And I also suspect that Fea will make me a WW and then strongly encourage everyone to vote for me on day 1 by making one of the game rules- "If tp is still alive on Day 2 the Wolves automatically win". The main reason she'll do this to me is to get me into the Fenris Wolf siggy club.

Yes, yes... I'm onto you Fea!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Yes, yes... I'm onto you Fea!
Clever boy.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
No seer, correct?

Phantom, it's been a while since we last played. I look forward to it. The only thing I can suspect from this game is the unexpected so I know not where to begin, though I do hope that the wolves are randomized as I would actual believe what the phantom said.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
No seer
That would be typical Fea. In Werewolf 4 she was an innocent villager and said this-
Quote:
Our gifted villagers are a perk, nothing more. They are just as expendable as anyone else. So what if the Seer dies?
She obviously doesn't care much for Seers.
Quote:
Phantom, it's been a while since we last played. I look forward to it.
I do, as well.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #6
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've always believed that the main benefit of Gifteds is psychological. And narrative. But not really practical. Villages have survived without a Seer; it takes a truly skilled Ranger to make any saves; and a truly skilled Hunter to be a help not a hindrance...

Still, I do like Rangers. Being a Ranger is second only in entertainment value to being a Wolf Lover...

Back to the subject...I'm afraid I know no arcane secrets.