The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #4081
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Could the answer be 'no one', or some variation thereof? The text says that Ancalime originally wanted to marry no one, the dwarves feared no one, Shadowfax bore no one originally etc.

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM   #4082
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Could the answer be 'no one', or some variation thereof? The text says that Ancalime originally wanted to marry no one, the dwarves feared no one, Shadowfax bore no one originally etc.
Correct! Or close enough: the actual answer is "no man".

I heard their words:
The lord of the Forest welcomed me: "Into Doriath shall no Man come while my realm lasts, not even those of the house of Beor who serve Finrod the beloved."
The queen of the Island wished my hand: "I should be free to wed whom I will; and that would be Uner (which is “Noman”), whom I prefer above all others."
The king in the Mountains feared me: "Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
The steed of the Plains would bear me: "Seven nights ago Shadowfax returned; but the king's anger is not less, for now the horse is wild and will let no man handle him."
But in the end, each found another.
Who am I?
I am No Man.

With full credit to Miranda Otto, who has just today appeared in-character as Eowyn to narrate the "War of the Rohirrim" movie.

... which of course means I was wrong about Telperien, for we all know that the Witch-King of the mountains of Angmar was in reality the Witch-Queen, etc etc etc.

Anyway, over to you!

hS