The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Eorling Mead Hall Planning/Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12526)

littlemanpoet 10-22-2007 10:13 AM

I was away for the weekend.

Folwren 10-22-2007 10:17 AM

Oh. I hope you had fun, wherever you went...? Or was it a business trip?

Glad you're back now. :)

Folwren 10-23-2007 09:59 AM

Elempi,

I don't know how to approach Hameth and Eodwine's private talk. I don't know what would happen or what questions would be asked and that sort of stuff. So I didn't approach it.
Let me know what I can do.

-- Folwren

Lhunardawen 10-25-2007 02:52 AM

I'm here (finally) and desirous to post, but after more than a month of absence, I'm afraid I don't quite know where to come in.

Kath 10-25-2007 05:12 AM

Anywhere you like! There are people in the kitchen so hop in and chat, or Rowenna is wandering around upstairs and I'm sure there's still some bad blood there that could give rise to a post. Just see what happens. :)

Folwren 10-25-2007 07:35 AM

No, Rowenna was ordered to join people for lunch in the main hall.

-- Folwren

Kath 10-25-2007 09:25 AM

Haha, that'll teach me to give advice before I've read the last post. :D Sorry Lhuna.

littlemanpoet 10-25-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 534518)
Elempi,

I don't know how to approach Hameth and Eodwine's private talk. I don't know what would happen or what questions would be asked and that sort of stuff. So I didn't approach it.
Let me know what I can do.

-- Folwren

Sorry not to answer this sooner. Crazy busy. I hope to get a chance tonight.

Folwren 10-25-2007 10:09 AM

Don't rush yourself, Elempi. I know you're busy. :)

-- Folwren

littlemanpoet 10-25-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 534518)
I don't know how to approach Hameth and Eodwine's private talk.

Tell it instead of show it. In other words, since Hameth is not a main character, their exchange may pass behind closed doors and no-one but Eodwine know what happened as Hameth leaves, looking hopeful. Will that work? Since he's a non-player character, we don't have to write him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen[/quote
I'm here (finally) and desirous to post, but after more than a month of absence, I'm afraid I don't quite know where to come in.

I had Harreld show up for lunch which is unusual; he has only one reason to do that, even though he said it was to get away from Garreth for a bit. ;)

Hope to see some posts by others tonight or so....

Lhunardawen 10-26-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 534689)
I had Harreld show up for lunch which is unusual; he has only one reason to do that, even though he said it was to get away from Garreth for a bit. ;)

Hope to see some posts by others tonight or so....

Hmm... :D I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I hope you don't mind my using Thornden, Foley, especially when all I did was subject him to another rejection. I simply could not help it. I could edit it out, though, if you'd rather spare him the third strike. :)

Folwren 10-26-2007 07:36 AM

lol!! No that's fine. It is probably like Thornden to offer his services. I didn't even think about him being rejected again...ha. I'll have to see about that. :D

I will post later today.

-- Folwren

Folwren 10-28-2007 07:21 PM

Wanted to just mention that that long post was written by both Elempi and myself. :)

-- Folwren

littlemanpoet 10-29-2007 10:13 AM

:D Leave it to an irascible little girl to blurt out the one thing that ought not to be said but is obvious to everyone else. "You like him!"

One small problem with your descrip of Harreld: he is about 35, not in his early twenties, so he wouldn't look so young; not old, but not young.

Folwren 10-29-2007 10:26 AM

Okay. I'll fix that.

Yeah, I thought that it might a little... interesting...if she stated the obvious and embarrassing.

-- Folwren

Lhunardawen 10-29-2007 11:35 PM

But does Ginna, really? :p ;)

littlemanpoet 10-30-2007 03:57 AM

That is, of course, a rather interesting question, regardless of what she conveys to Harreld. Oooh! :eek: :p

Lhunardawen 10-30-2007 07:07 AM

Personally, there's someone else I like for her. I don't know why I'm telling you this. :D

littlemanpoet 10-30-2007 09:49 AM

Who? Now that you've let the cat out of the bag, we really ought to know its color and claw length.... ;)

Who would like to answer Lys? I could, but I want to give someone else the opportunity.

Folwren 10-30-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 534898)
Who would like to answer Lys? I could, but I want to gived someone else the opportunity.

Same here...

-- Fol

Folwren 11-01-2007 06:51 PM

Elempi, go ahead and post, how 'bout? I posted more recently than you and I can't do it this evening whilst you may be able to.

-- Folwren

littlemanpoet 11-02-2007 10:19 AM

I'll get a chance to tonight.

Lhunardawen 11-03-2007 08:42 AM

I'm wondering if I should tell you outright or try to find a way to somehow weave it into a post... :p

littlemanpoet 11-03-2007 08:59 AM

Weave it. It's more fun that way. :)

Folwren 11-03-2007 09:07 AM

More suspensful anyway. :rolleyes:

Yes, do weave it, Lhuna.

-- Folwren

Lhunardawen 11-03-2007 09:19 AM

I'll be waiting for a good opportunity to do that, then - hopefully sooner rather than later.

littlemanpoet 11-08-2007 09:16 PM

Seems as if nobody really has anything more to write into this day. Shall we move on to a new day? If so, what day?

There's "court day" on the morrow, but that doesn't need actual rpg-ing. I don't really need to rpg finding an innkeeper either. I guess I'm most interested in the actual move to Scarburg. Any other ideas or needs?

Lhunardawen 11-09-2007 01:34 AM

Ginna has nothing else to say, I think. I'm okay with the move to Scarburg.

Does Randver need to know, though? Of course he does. But does he have to drop by in the Hall or in Scarburg?

littlemanpoet 11-09-2007 04:58 AM

Good question. It seems to me that Eodwine would, in consideration of Ginna, send a mesage to Randver. Seems to me that the move to Scarburg might actually bring Ginna closer to the location of her father?

Nerindel 11-09-2007 10:07 AM

I need an evening post for the current day. Aeol Must speak with Eodwine.
I will post tonight if everyone is finished with the afternoon posts.

Folwren 11-09-2007 10:51 AM

Eodwine and Thornden should decide if Javan's staying. If he's not, he should go back home sometime before the move to Scarburg.

-- Folwren

littlemanpoet 11-09-2007 11:05 AM

What direction do you want to take regarding Javan, Foley?

Nerindel, how do you want to handle the conversation?

Lhuna, I'm thinking that Harreld has had a chance to talk with Garreth about going to Scarburg, and a chance to mull over his own feelings regarding Ginna, such that a suppertime post featuring Ginna and Harreld would be fitting for this Day yet.

Folwren 11-09-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 535641)
What direction do you want to take regarding Javan, Foley?

Not entirely sure. I could do a whole bunch of character development and change on him - making him become more responsible in time and learning big lessons. If he stays, I promise trouble.
However, if people don't want trouble, then he doesn't have to stay.

I don't care, really - whether he stays or not. It has to be realistic enough to be believable. Thornden's partial to him, so he'll be willing to let him stay, even if he is a bit of a nuisance (in the hopes that he'll get better), but Eodwine needs to think it's worth it.

-- Folwren

Lhunardawen 11-09-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 535629)
Good question. It seems to me that Eodwine would, in consideration of Ginna, send a mesage to Randver. Seems to me that the move to Scarburg might actually bring Ginna closer to the location of her father?

I'm not really sure (sorry, I have absolutely no sense of direction), but that would make things more interesting. Let's just make it so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 535641)
Lhuna, I'm thinking that Harreld has had a chance to talk with Garreth about going to Scarburg, and a chance to mull over his own feelings regarding Ginna, such that a suppertime post featuring Ginna and Harreld would be fitting for this Day yet.

I agree. To the PM box, then? :)

littlemanpoet 11-10-2007 07:18 AM

Foley, Javan can stay. More trouble makes things more interesting.

Lhuna, to the PM box. :) I can start unless you beat me to it.

Nerindel 11-13-2007 11:54 AM

Littlemanpoet, I just pm'd you regarding the Aeol/Eodwine conversation, but you seem to have snuck a post up at the same time :P Also a month seems to have past since she entered the Mead hall and now she is in Scarburg :eek: I had hoped to have this conversation before they located as she is no longer alone.

littlemanpoet 11-13-2007 05:03 PM

Ah. I'll fix. I got confused as to where this was at. Easily done. Back to mid-June, then. :)

Lhunardawen 11-13-2007 05:14 PM

Um. I think the post I just put up is rather misplaced, maybe it should be placed before Nerindel's?

littlemanpoet 11-14-2007 05:01 AM

That last paragraph is very, very good. And just add a heading to it saying "a little earlier"

Lhunardawen 11-14-2007 05:12 AM

Thanks. :) The idea was shamelessly stolen from someone who made that exact observation...between us. *shrug*

Ooh, we can do that? How convenient!